Page 100 of 137 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3418
    Who would have thought Dr Who's sidekick would become a multi-movie action hero?

Being blazed makes these flix so much more fun.

watched uncut gems a few days ago for the first time. good flick. Don't think I'd watch it a second time.
    "Can't you see..."

Hated the ending.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    watched uncut gems a few days ago for the first time. good flick. Don't think I'd watch it a second time.
    Best thing Sandler has done since Big Daddy, hands down.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Since I'm always late to the party, this has probably been discussed here. Mosul was intense (a gummy probably wasn't required but...). Graphic, well acted, based on true events. I read the New Yorker article but didn't realize that until they said it at the end. Yea zero retention reading. Anyway, highly recommended.
    Even later to the party. Watched this last night. Excellent.

And the New Yorker article is a great read too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Not that I've seen Army of the Dead yet, but this cracked me up. It seems that many of the critiques here are certainly warranted:

I'll still watch it, but sounds like I better go into it with very low expectations? Perhaps for maximum potential enjoyment, I should pair said lack of expectations with copious amounts of alcohol.
    This guy has done these for lots of super hero and Star Wars movies. The whole series is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Even later to the party. Watched this last night. Excellent.

And the New Yorker article is a great read too.
    Mosul was indeed pretty good.

So the wife starts up on Never have i Ever. Not what I would choose but I gotta say I'm impressed so far. Very funny, the John MacEnroe analysis is hysterical.

Apparently teh 2nd season will drop soon.
    "Can't you see..."

RE: Army of the Dead

Yeah .... it was even worse than I thought.

Fished never have i ever. highly recommended. JohnnyMac cameo at the end was awesome.
    "Can't you see..."

Apparently this is the most popular movie on NF right now:

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Apparently this is the most popular movie on NF right now:

Juan Wick?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Juan Wick?
    Well played, Sir!

I finally gave up on Netflix. Cancelled my subscription. The selection has been whittled down to a tiny fraction of what it once was, and I just can't justify paying for it anymore. Half of what's on there anymore is Netflix branded content, which is roughly 5% gems and 95% low budget crap.

Now I'm just paying for streaming rentals through redbox or watching something that's offered free online.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I finally gave up on Netflix. Cancelled my subscription. The selection has been whittled down to a tiny fraction of what it once was, and I just can't justify paying for it anymore. Half of what's on there anymore is Netflix branded content, which is roughly 5% gems and 95% low budget crap.

Now I'm just paying for streaming rentals through redbox or watching something that's offered free online.
    Could not blame you. Netflix's selection is a shell of its former self. Streaming fragmentation is out of control now that just about everyone has launched their own half assed services, thus the expirations of a multitude of streaming licenses to Netflix. It's gotten so bad that the number of movies on there has now diminished below what I have in my own personal stash. So much so, that now when my wife and I browse movies for something to watch on a Friday night, we just end up going to straight to our own collection first before bothering to browse Netflix and the other services. I stream from my OWN private servers via Plex and Kaleidescape FWIW.

And like you, I even found myself hitting up a Redbox last weekend! Haha.

Not sure I'd pay again unless they did $4.99 for six months like Starz and Showtime did after I cancelled them. Luckily, my roommates have put their logins and passwords into my Roku for HBO, Netflix, and Hulu. And they're only here 3-4 days a month.

You guys do realize all streaming services have crap movies. Especially with covid shutting down production for months there’s going to be a lag before movie catalogs grow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gonna plug https://www.kanopy.com/ again.
    Really been digging their selection.
    And it's free, provided your local library participates.

As for the dwindling catalogue, I tend to support Montucky's scenario, not Covid. The latter only stalled current production and upcoming films. It certainly didn't affect catalog (older) titles.

Lottsa stuff disappearing from Prime, as well or showing up for rent (at least 1/3 of my Prime queue went from free to $3.99 or more for a rental in the past month) or on other services (HBO, Hulu, Paramount+).

It also seems to me that NF is more concerned with creating or acquiring original content exclusive to their service. The amount of money they throw at films like 6 Underground is insane...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    It also seems to me that NF is more concerned with creating or acquiring original content exclusive to their service.
    True. Which they apparently did intentionally as a hedge against the continuation of licenses from other studios not being renewed.

Same goes for Amazon ramping up their original programming, as well as them losing about as much content as Netflix. Been REALLY frustrating to watch like half my Netflix queue or Amazon watchlist go poof. At least Hulu has the decency to automatically put things in my watchlist in an "expiring soon" list when things are coming due to go bye bye.

The streaming landscape went from pretty good (2-3 services with decent selections) to fairly terrible (10 services, all with kinda bad selections) really quickly. Hopefully in the next couple years it re-consolidates and shakes out a bit.

I don't watch nearly enough TV / movies to want to pay for more than one service. I'd be switching to HBO Max right now (not because it's better, but just for a different catalog than Netflix), but it's a mild pain in the ass to get on my TV. So for the moment I'm not subscribed to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Hopefully in the next couple years it re-consolidates and shakes out a bit.
    It will be interesting to see if that happens. I have no idea how many subscribers you need to make more money hosting your own service compared to collecting licensing fees from Netflix/Prime/Hulu/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I have no idea how many subscribers you need to make more money hosting your own service compared to collecting licensing fees from Netflix/Prime/Hulu/etc.
    obviously I don't know either, but I think Netflix and Disney understand that to have long term success, you have to produce your own content as well as license content. And that takes a lot of money.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The big studios got tired of giving Netflix and others a cut. Now they'll have their own streaming sites. More like how many streaming sites can the internet support?

Paramount buying CBS is just the start. Think of Lionsgate's content catalog.