The weird thing about walking to work...

...is that everyone thinks something is wrong and stops to check on me and give me a lift. What, are fat knuckle dragging retarts walking down the street that out of the ordinary?
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Maybe try using the sidewalk?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

heh...doh!

"a yin without a yang"

I think I'm on to something though. There are loads of hot milfs in my neighborhood. If I keep this up I might score a few.

"a yin without a yang"

So... What's the problem? You need a ride to the bakery or something? Everybody knows fat people don't walk unless it's an emergency.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    I think I'm on to something though. There are loads of hot milfs in my neighborhood. If I keep this up I might score a few.
    Get a puppy to walk with you. Easy.

Be sure to wear a small backpack (Transformers or Star Wars preferably) and black calf-length socks.

...with Birkenstocks.

Actually I have those sketchers with the butt toning sole. Milf bait...

"a yin without a yang"

When I lived in N. Idaho and ride my bike to work, people assumed I had a DUI. Because that's the only logical reason a grown man would ride a bicycle in Kellogg.

My neighbor worked close to where I did, saw me heading out on my bike to work and offered a ride. When I declined and said I was biking to work, he acted as if I planned to circumnavigate the globe. It was maybe 3 miles away.

I am the only person in about a 10 mile radius that actually exercises outside (besides riding horses). I have a 2.5 mile loop that I run or walk and twice people have pulled over next to me, all concerned looking, and asked if I need a ride. Apparently they've never seen someone wearing gym shorts, a tank top, running and sweating for no apparent reason.

I live out in the country around a bunch of horse farms where it's pretty safe but it still scares the crap out of me when someone pulls up next to me in a car (especially with iPod ripping some tunes).

I understand what you are saying, but why is it such a bad thing for people to be nice and stop?
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but why is it such a bad thing for people to be nice and stop?
    I don't think it's a bad thing, I just think it's funny. Today was the first day I made it there without being offered a ride. I guess they are getting used to seeing the fatty stroll by. Some people have gone out of their way to "assist" me. It's nice to know I have such nice neighbors.

"a yin without a yang"

College Station, the home of Texas A & M doesn't even have sidewalks on most streets.

Tomorrow, stop at a corner and don't cross until someone stops to assist you. Keep track of how long you have to wait. Over 7 days, I bet $5 the average wait is less than 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Heh! I sold her a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    College Station, the home of Texas A & M doesn't even have sidewalks on most streets.
    cyber cop's in college station ? well, that explains it. at a+m, walking on the grass is supposedly very bad. i suppose theyre stopping as theyre worried he may shortcut across the grass.

i suppose that's to keep it looking good, as there's not much else going for a+m campus besides green grass. sure, its big; but thats it.

i'll take u. washington,ND, florida, cincinnati, mich st, colorado, CAL, stanford, texas, baylor and SMU for a campus over a+m any day and i have been to all of them.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I can proudly say I have never set foot in College Station.

"a yin without a yang"

hah, tippy, my wife booted me out of the house this morning because I was walking around singing my own rendition of "No body walks in Santa Fe"

"a yin without a yang"

Nobody walks in Santa Fe? Why? Is it too hot? Or too much altitude?

I dunno... Maybe because the average joe can't afford to live within walking distance of their job? The transplants have all spent 60K on a Land Rover, which somehow doesn't qualify as a gas guzzling SUV, and I guess when you do that you don't want someone confusing you with some destitute hippy? I dunno, but I think more people actually walk in LA. I actually had a woman in a Land Rover stop me at a trail head up the hill once and ask me if it was safe to hike here. She was not worried about wildlife, she was worried about being attacked by a person. I've also had really weird encounters snowshoeing up by the skill hill too. I swear one lady was totally in fear of me. Like I was going to rape her or something. Mind you, I'm in granola gear with $200 flippers on my feet. I don't think I looked like a sexual predetor??? but then again, I don't look like a retired millionaire... We are friendly now, as we are both regulars on the trail in the winter. Anyway, this town is full of freaks, myself not included. I don't think I'll ever live here long enough to really get this place.

"a yin without a yang"

The short answer is... It's too hip.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Neither does Santa Fe, but it's different - in College Station the streets are paved.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nobody walks in Santa Fe? Why? Is it too hot? Or too much altitude?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    ... I don't think I'll ever live here long enough to really get this place.
    Near as I can tell it takes a number of generations.