Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Just quoting. Nothing to see here.
    What is your point exactly? I still think the Pens will be fine and I will still extend you that $100 bet that they win the series.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    The legend one's they sell are nice too.

Love the Pens being tied after 4, got to hand it to the Habs they just find a way to win games.
    Any DRW thoughts/insights?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    Fuck you fucking south Carolina, misspelled username retard. Yeah, gee, the refs were trying to fuck them. Cause that's what they do. And you call that team the habs because you're a French speaking pussy? Fuck you. Go spew some dumb shit about skiing on a hocey message board.
    lol, another bandwagon pens fan....have you met gretch yet?

Bruins need to close it out tonight. I have little hope that they can create chances without their biggest offensive weapon David Krejci ...
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Some financial advice... invest in Ticketmaster. They are gonna make bank this quarter with all the tickets fees I am paying them. Just paid way too much for a great seat for Saturday. Oh well, you only live once I suppose.

As much as it pains me to even think it - montreal is playing amazing hockey, halak is on his head but, they look confident - that was one of the better games of the playoffs I thought - shaping to be a great series.

nothing new for the B's franz - get one back, take two out. a loss wouldn't be the end of the world - savard needs more game speed/time to start hitting guys on the fly - they are making philly look tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Any DRW thoughts/insights?
    As police chief Grady said "Desperation is a stinky cologne"

That game last night was one in which everything went DRW's way in the first 20mins. That's more a puck luck kind of thing than some kind of new strategy.

Stuart will play in Game 5, he probably had a charlie horse and they figured they would hold him out as the game was already in hand.

Game 5 will be the toughest in the rare even this would go seven games, the Wings in general do not fare well after blowout games and SJ will be doing everything they can not to blow this one on home ice.

They just have to take it one game at a time, if they can force a game 6 that's really going to fuck with the Sharks head considering their history. Its certainly unlikely but the Wings can do it if they put in the kind of effort they did against the Yotes in game 7.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

^^^ Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    yep. "bandwagon" fan. sigh. NAILED IT. you ARE a fucking genius. mine was just the knee-jerk reaction of somebody who is casually interested in a front-running team, and i not-so-secretly lust in a homoerotic way over crosby. in addition, i've been well-known to be a confrontational and aggressive presence here on tgr/powder for the over ten years that i've been around these boards.

or...

i was born and raised in pittsburgh, with tons of relatives in canada (pop is still canadian), and love my hometown teams in a way that you will probably never understand. is bandwagon status given to somebody who grew up skating in early childhood on the neighborhood frozen ponds, and has watched pens hockey for as long as he can remember?

you're a fucking douchbag on the internet who made an idiotic comment about the refs trying to swing the outcome of a game, who was using the french nickname for the other team like you're some kind of fucking polyglot. your tone and attitude in this thread annoys the fuck out of me. as it so happens, i had consumed a few drinks last night while watching the game at a local watering hole with other pens fans. i would have punched you in the mouth if you were arguing that point, talking about the 'habs' and calling me a bandwagon fan last night.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    Fuck off your shit team didn't even make the playoffs and they got smoked by the Pens last year.

Also, how, exactly, did the refs try to screw the Habs?

Don't answer that it's just going to be made up oral diarrhea (typed diarrhea?) about calls that were made correctly.

The Habs won because the penguins scored as many goals on themselves as they did on the Habs.

And before you respond with another comment about "bandwagon fans," I've been a Pens fan and a hockey player since the age of 7.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

ACOSTIGA ANGRY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    ACOSTIGA ANGRY!
    I know! I've never seen this side of him before.

Acostiga, are we ever going to quit screwing around and actually get a beer?

Keeping in mind that the cbc and don cherry generally hate on the Habs:

Anyone not wearing pens-coloured glasses can clearly see that the reffing blew massive chunks in that game and that the majority (but not all) of the non-calls went pittsburgh's way.

I don't care how long you've been playing and following hockey - if you can't agree to that you're being blinded by your misguided loyalty.

Plain and simple.

Oh, and Crosby's a whiny little bitch. An awesome hockey player. But a whiny little bitch nonetheless.

d.
    ps. everyone calls them the Habs.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by gincognito View Post
    Oh, and Crosby's a whiny little bitch. An awesome hockey player. But a whiny little bitch nonetheless.
    Quoted. For. TRUTH.

gincognito basically said what I was going to say.

Not going to explain myself to an internet 'tough guy'

PS. PAsucks, I'm a predators fan....you might want to read the NHL threads from the past few years.

PPS. Go Habs Go
    Last edited by ICEHOCEY77; 05-07-2010 at 08:49 PM.

wow that was a good game (BOS - PHI). Coulda gone either way, but it's somewhat fitting that if anyone on the Flyers had to score, it was Gagne. Not that I liked it. Recchi played incredibly, as did Looch. Good game all around, let's bring 'em back to Boston and finish them.

Blackhawks have gotten under the skin of the Cantnucks. It's parade of blue jerseys in and out of the penalty box.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

MEDICHOCRE
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by gincognito View Post
    Keeping in mind that the cbc and don cherry generally hate on the Habs:
    Until they play an American team in the playoffs, and Cherry has hated Crosby since he was 14.

Anyone not wearing pens-coloured glasses can clearly see that the reffing blew massive chunks in that game and that the majority (but not all) of the non-calls went pittsburgh's way.
    Anyone wearing anti-penguins colored (american spelling neener!) glasses, ie. Habs- Flyers- Sens- Red Wings fans, and probably many more, are going to have the exact opposite bias and therefore are going to see every possibly questionable call/no call as a definite penalty that should of been called/hose job. I'm sure a highlight reel could be put together showing a bunch of no calls going the other way.
    I don't care how long you've been playing and following hockey - if you can't agree to that you're being blinded by your misguided loyalty.
    From a Habs fan. Goes both ways.

I've said my piece regarding officiating and am done with it. The Habs have been very fortunate but at the same time have done an amazing job and it's been fun to watch, can't wait for tomorrow!

Icehocey77, could have sworn you were a Canes fan, my bad.

I'm a totally biased, emotional fan of Pittsburgh teams. Guilty as charged. Internet tough guy? Not so much, but in real life I'm willing to bet that somebody would be more cautious in a conversational exchange with me than a certain random Internet persona has been in the past. It's a point that evidently doesn't matter, because for the most part folks seem to feel comfortable spewing whatever they'd like around these forums anymore without much regard or consideration for reality.

It's not trying to be a tough guy when I explain that ragging on my team after a tough loss is a bad idea, rather I'm trying to interject a bit of reality. People don't wear sweaters from the other team where I had been getting drunk that night, because they'd get confronted. Folks in my town are passionate fans. My enthusiam extended a bit too far, sorry. It'll be at least another few hours before I'm once again aggressively intoxicated... So for now I'll just apologize for being not playing nice and leave with the understanding that fans of other teams are just jealous (except when it comes to the Pirates, argh).
    Last edited by acostiga; 05-08-2010 at 06:44 AM.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    wow that was a good game (BOS - PHI). Coulda gone either way, but it's somewhat fitting that if anyone on the Flyers had to score, it was Gagne. Not that I liked it. Recchi played incredibly, as did Looch. Good game all around, let's bring 'em back to Boston and finish them.
    I was at that game, it was redic.

credit where credit due, pens played a good game last night. Fleury stood on his head for most of the third. Glad to see the Wings out.

I want whatever drugs Mark Recchi is taking. He may be a million years old, but he still brings it in the playoffs!
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

No drugs - he just grew up downwind from a pulp mill.