It's not all bad in the PNW

Despite being kind of a bad winter in the PNW so far, I've managed to have quite a bit of fun. If any mags around Seattle want to meet up for a tour, shoot me a pm.

Since this would be worthless without pics, here's a couple from last saturday.

slot?
    I haven't been up to Snoqualmie Pass all season...been sticking to Stevens for the extra 1000'.
    Looks like Snoqualmie could be shaping up finally.

kaya is offline Im a registered something
    nice- the slots on my list for this year.
    100% dundee.

I miss the Slot and Phantom trees. Was just talking about that line this morning walking up Teton Pass.

thanks for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    D

Awesome photos.

pm sent. having a hard time finding partners...

do you have any photos looking back up from the apron towards the Crooked? I imagine it's pretty bony, just curious.

PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanPete81 View Post
    do you have any photos looking back up from the apron towards the Crooked? I imagine it's pretty bony, just curious.
    No, the light was flat so I didn't take too many photos.

There were plenty of people up there though, someone should have more info. Someone posted a TR on Cascade Climbers from their trip up there on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanPete81 View Post
    A couple of friends hit the crooked about a month ago and ended up hiking back to the top to get out. Low snow pack this year hasn't filled in the waterfall at the end.

Couldn't bring myself to go up that way knowing it had been skied and how shitty the phantom would likely be. Hit up Chair Peak which was wind affected for the last ~800ft above the basin and probably not worth booting all the way to the top. meh. I got back down to Source lake and 2 guys had just come down the Bryant Coulior aka Wonder Gulley and claimed really good snow. They were right- creamy pow (and about the last 200-300ft to the top of Bryant being wind affected and also not worth the extra climb from the col). The crux was 5x as wide as this time last year.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post

Mmmm the Slot. I hit it over xmas break while visiting the inlaws. Lower Phantom sure sucked though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Couldn't bring myself to go up that way knowing it had been skied and how shitty the phantom would likely be. Hit up Chair Peak which was wind affected for the last ~800ft above the basin and probably not worth booting all the way to the top. meh. I got back down to Source lake and 2 guys had just come down the Bryant Coulior aka Wonder Gulley and claimed really good snow. They were right- creamy pow (and about the last 200-300ft to the top of Bryant being wind affected and also not worth the extra climb from the col). The crux was 5x as wide as this time last year.
    I was pretty surprised how well the phantom skied. We expected mank and were rewarded with very skiable snow until the bottom.