Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Leave it to the younger jibbers to think up dumb new dumb shit in the name of being "cool." It seems like they search out things that make no practical sense like droopy clothes, stubby (or no) poles, cotton handkerchiefs, have more tail than tip, goggles under the helmet, and generally looking like a silly bunch of skiing Care Bears!
    NO GLOVES? Wow, that is fucking STUPID!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    I actually support this. Now sleeves are made longer, so when I actually wear these jackets with gloves they fit normally.
    The idea of skiing without gloves is not my coup of tea, but I agree with my tall brother. This could be a great thing.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    This thread = teh lulz.

Typical hate on the park by people who are scared to challenge themselves and try something other than touring hundreds of miles for low angle corn.

You guys will have a field day when the first episode of the chrons drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This thread = teh lulz.

Typical hate on the park by people who are scared to challenge themselves and try something other than touring hundreds of miles for low angle corn.
    I helped pioneer and design the "snowboard park" to accommodate skiers years before the first twin tips even existed. I remember getting heckled by snowboarders (and skiers too) because the park was only for snowboarders. They even tried to tell me that my ski poles somehow ruined the halfpipe! I didn't care if I was the only skier in there on most days, I was having fun pushing the sport and going bigger than the snowboarders were.
    Fast forward about 15 years and now the skiers are schooling the boarders and nobody calls them "snowboard parks" anymore. It also seems that the terrain parks have been taken over by teenagers that are hell bent on dressing and acting like a cross between gangsters, stuffed animals, and homeless people... accept for the fact that are mostly just spoiled rich kids poseurs that have zero street cred.
    Pull up your pants and go skiing!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

This thread = teh lulz.

yeah!!

.....wait, what?

Frostbite and Abrsions are all you get from no gloves. Until you've been near death for one reason or another you don't know alive.

This thread = teh lulz.

Scared?

I enjoy hitting the jumps and messing around in the halfpipe from time to time. Sure you're never going to see me pull off a switch 540 corked mute grab or whatever the fuck you call this shit, but I will still be "challenging myself". I don't think you're going to find many people around here afraid to hit a jump with a perfectly-designed landing if they are prepared to throw themselves off of a cliff or cornice.

You ever see a guy dressed 'normally' and just kill it in the park? Looks 1000x better!

Sure, I will tour for low angle corn on a sunny june day. That can be a fun day out with friends, but its not the ONLY thing I do.

I take risks and like to spice things up. ONLY touring and never getting any air or trying a new trick is like fucking in the same position for 20 years. How the hell can you not be bored to tears after doing the same exact thing over and over?

And don't give me the "I'm old" bullshit. I have seen people in their 40s and 50s hiking rails and spinning over jumps.

The reason you guys hate on new trends is because you simply gave up on progression a long time ago, and as a result will hate on anything that wasn't being done in 1980.

Who cares how people dress? Here's a novel concept: Go have fun skiing and stop worrying about everyone else! Crazy idea huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    I helped pioneer and design the "snowboard park" to accommodate skiers years before the first twin tips even existed. I remember getting heckled by snowboarders (and skiers too) because the park was only for snowboarders. They even tried to tell me that my ski poles somehow ruined the halfpipe! I didn't care if I was the only skier in there on most days, I was having fun pushing the sport and going bigger than the snowboarders were.
    Fast forward about 15 years and now the skiers are schooling the boarders and nobody calls them "snowboard parks" anymore. It also seems that the terrain parks have been taken over by teenagers that are hell bent on dressing and acting like a cross between gangsters, stuffed animals, and homeless people... accept for the fact that are mostly just spoiled rich kids poseurs that have zero street cred.
    Pull up your pants and go skiing!
    thanks for that, i was sick of not being let into the terrain park back in the day

This thread = teh lulz.

Not hating on the park. I like park. I just think no gloves on a pow day is worthy of ridicule. I'm sure those young whipper snappers are nice people and are having fun. They just make me laugh in a "Crazy kids, what will they think of next" kind of way. I'm sure a lot of them laugh at the way I dress. There's probably a thread on NS somewhere about my lack of steeze, and if there is, I'm fine with it.

And please, enough with the "Stop hating and go ski" argument. If you don't want to see people talking and laughing about skiing, then don't spend your time surfing ski websites!

not wearing gloves isn't progressing anything, except maybe your chances of frostbite.....it's dumb and deserves to be ridiculed...

Yeah, I mean no gloves on a freezing day is dumb.

Then again I wear glove liners as my main gloves if its above 30*, but thats because my hands will sweat like crazy otherwise.

yesterday at stowe i told some of my friends that i wanted to look absolutely ridiculous and like a big tool to everyone at stowe. why? because i don't give a shit what other people think of how i look and when you don't take shit seriously you have way more fun. it was an awesome day.

so i'm going to continue wearing my hunter's orange hoody and purple tall tee and having fun riding with my friends, while the rest of you bitch about the lack of fresh snow and all of the park rats dressed in bright colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    And please, enough with the "Stop hating and go ski" argument. If you don't want to see people talking and laughing about skiing, then don't spend your time surfing ski websites!
    I have literally fallen about 150 times onto hardpack this year learning new shit in the park. My body is bruised and battered, so I took a day off. Sue me.

The reason you guys hate on new trends is because you simply gave up on progression a long time ago, and as a result will hate on anything that wasn't being done in 1980.
    No, its cause we look for actual progression in the sport and not a fashion trend.

Things that DID NOT exist in 1980:
    -Fat skis.
    -Touring bindings (that didn't suck).
    -Digital avy beacons.
    -Avalungs.
    -GPS devices.
    -Widespread snowcat and heliski operations.
    -Big, powerful snowmobiles.
    -My girlfriend.
    -Accessible side country resort skiing options.

Yeah, I stopped progressing....
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I don't mean enviornmental progression. I mean going out everyday and pushing yourself as a skier.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    yesterday at stowe i told some of my friends that i wanted to look absolutely ridiculous and like a big tool to everyone at stowe. why? because i don't give a shit what other people think of how i look and when you don't take shit seriously you have way more fun. it was an awesome day.

so i'm going to continue wearing my hunter's orange hoody and purple tall tee and having fun riding with my friends, while the rest of you bitch about the lack of fresh snow and all of the park rats dressed in bright colors.
    THIS.

Awesome.

I don't think you're going to find many people around here afraid to hit a jump with a perfectly-designed landing if they are prepared to throw themselves off of a cliff or cornice.
    You haven't skied with many maggots, now have you? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yo DCNB....how have YOU progressed?
    What are you doing better on skis than you were 10 years ago?
    THAT'S the progression he's speaking of.

I don't mean enviornmental progression. I mean going out everyday and pushing yourself as a skier.
    And this is done with no gloves?

hey purple nurple, who the fuck cares?

You know what perplexes me? People setting up at the catwalk above the parking lot to photoslut when there is untracked fresh on the hill. Seems retarded to me, but to each his own.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover View Post
    And this is done with no gloves?
    No, but the no gloves is another way for people to hate on kids who are out there hiking their asses off and falling while trying new shit every single day.

Sure, no gloves is dumb, but at least those kids are always pushing themselves.

If you aren't falling and getting hurt on a regular basis you are never leaving your comfort zone and therefore not progressing.

I fall and hurt myself all the time pushing myself.. its not in the park and my gloves are always on.

Keeping your gloves on will lead to LESS INJURIES. Then you can go and hike some more and maybe lead to real progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    hey purple nurple, who the fuck cares?

You know what perplexes me? People setting up at the catwalk above the parking lot to photoslut when there is untracked fresh on the hill. Seems retarded to me, but to each his own.
    We were waiting for the chair to open....

Parks, purple, progression and punks aside, not wearing gloves is a ski area in the wintertime when it's below...50' is fucking stupid.

What's next to go, goggles? Beacons? we don't need no stinking beacons!

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    We were waiting for the chair to open....
    So Taos got the wet sticky to cover the rocks. When are you heading down? If we can time some pow on a weekend I can hook you up with a buddy ticket, but you have to carry my board up Kachina.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"