Google Nexus phone :yourock:

it kicks ass, and I like it.

is it worth the money? don't know since I didn't pay for it...

will report back after I've actually used it for phone calls and stuff for a few days, but I just thought everyone should know. Much faster, better looking, and better than my iphone for sure.

been eyeing one of dem

herd there's some hiccups, and Goog is on the case with some new firmware dev that's supposed to shut the whiners and complainers the fuck up

we'll see
    my backwoods cell provider is taking pre-orders now

I turned it on and it immediately updated its firmware - previous complaints I heard are that it didn't support playlists for music, but it does now.

the screen is really stunning coming from an iphone which I used to think looked great.

Only part thats sucks is its with T-Mobile.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Only part thats sucks is its with T-Mobile.
    Ugg, no matter how great the phone is, if ya can't get service, whats the point?? Plus, everyone knows that you instantly resign your manhood the second you sign up for a Jonas Cellular, whoops, um I mean T-Mobile plan.

Looks like one for Verizon will be coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Will be curious to see how the whole "buy it unlocked" part of Google's plan will play out. With them running high $500's unlocked from Google, but a couple hundy from T-mobile and others... wondering if it might just reinforce the existing handset discount for service plan committment system? Also reading the iphone/ATT deal won't renew here soon... and assuming Apple does something similar, it could gain big mo? (Sorry, buying an unlocked iphone on Ebay that can't do 3G on a different carrier isn't a true comparison.)

Regards the phone itself... I've had the Mytouch (HTC running android, aka first G2 phone) since the day it was released (soon to be ex "disappeared" my old phone the night before - still pisses me off), and several reviews have said the Nexus One isn't much different. I've also not done more than click around a time or two with an iphone... but the iphone seemed to have much less lag and a nice smooth interface compared to mine. In addition, the whole lack of multitouch changes some tasks a lot... Though here I am comparing the iphone and Nexus One and I don't have any true detailed experience on either so what the frick do I know?
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

been using it since i picked it up last week. i like the phone a lot. no problems with service here in denver. it does drop back to the edge network in some spots, but it isn't slow to load pages.

phone is quick, crisp, and the screen is awesome. I like it better than my brothers iphone 3gs.
    Denver Dirt Pimp - Feel free to hit me up with any RE questions.

Wow, those are some good recommendations. Will be interesting to see how Apple fires back with the new release in June.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Wow, those are some good recommendations. Will be interesting to see how Apple fires back with the new release in June.
    New release ?? 4G iphone ?

New release ?? 4G iphone ?
    what use would the 4G be for?
    minimal coverage in the states, let alone outside US.
    close to zilch for the next 2-3 years.

how about apple trying to make the 3G or even 2G reception adequate?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I need a new phone. I've used a Palm Treo for years and love it because I am so familiar. I have AT&T but really don't want to get an Iphone if I can help it at all. What is my next best option for good texting, web apps, and acutally talking on the phone?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Let's see what the new OS4 on 1/27/10 has in store before we start talking about new hardware..

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Let's see what the new OS4 on 1/27/10 has in store before we start talking about new hardware..
    Cool. Didn't know they were rolling that out before the new phone, heard the 1/27 event was to roll out the tablet. Guessing all OS4 will do is allow background apps to run [and drain the battery quicker], and perhaps the same FM tuner that's in the new Nano's. And yes, agree that the 4G prolly ain't happening soon, and hopefully ATT keeps expanding/improving their 3G...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

CardioTrainer is my favorite Android App. I also love the widgets and contacts on home screen.
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Ugg, no matter how great the phone is, if ya can't get service, whats the point?? Plus, everyone knows that you instantly resign your manhood the second you sign up for a Jonas Cellular, whoops, um I mean T-Mobile plan.

Looks like one for Verizon will be coming soon.
    And if you can't wait, you can get the Droid (which will be upgrading to Android 2.1 shortly).

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    what use would the 4G be for?
    minimal coverage in the states, let alone outside US.
    close to zilch for the next 2-3 years.

how about apple trying to make the 3G or even 2G reception adequate?
    Agreed about the 3G reception.

Well I heard the contract with At&T was ending. So if they come out with the 4G they can work with Sprint ?

Agreed about the 3G reception.

Well I heard the contract with At&T was ending. So if they come out with the 4G they can work with Sprint ?
    That rumor's been around for awhile, mostly about Verizon picking it up. Last ones i read made it sound pretty improbable in the short run, but that's just one guess.

My nexus is on at&t right now, and seems to do better than my iPhone 3g in terms of reception. No 3g right now which sucks, but the phone is so much snappier all around that I don't notice that edge is a bit slower. I was all but unable to use tgr on my iPhone because of impatience. But it works fine on the nexus (posting from it now)

Fanboi Feer

i love it

PS: why don't you drop by Tech Talk and help Core Shot VPN his Mac?

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Fanboi Feer

i love it

PS: why don't you drop by Tech Talk and help Core Shot VPN his Mac?
    umm... I told him to hold off on hardware speculation until we find out more about the new software. I think that is a logical response as the new software will probably hint at what we may expect in hardware. Did I say one negative thing about the google OS or the phone? I don't care about whatever anyone uses. The new Nexus phone looks like it kicks ass but I'm not buying it because I have been happy with ATT for ~10 or so years and my iphone does everything I need it to do.

And I'm done helping people because you just come in and say we are idiots for using macs and how awesome Linux is. You are the biggest fanboi of anyone on this site. I've admitted I have used Windows, Linux, Mac OS and IRIX and the Mac OS has not always been the best. But, for my industry, the software suites and price of hardware/software you will not find a better solution.

The simple fact you can't pass up a thread where someone isn't using Linux to come in with your nose in the air and say how stupid they are for using whatever hardware/software they are using, makes you a fanboi. The practical upshot at what I am saying is... stop inserting your views for nothing other than to shun people. Use what you use because it works and let others use what they use when it works. Stop looking down on someone because they may have slightly less knowledge than you.

And to end, I will just go on record that I am completely dismissing everything you say from now on. Don't bother responding to anything I say in the future because it will be read, possibly understood, but most importantly not responded to. I am over trying to converse with someone like you in a rational way.

peace.

umm... I told him to hold off on hardware speculation until we find out more about the new software. I think that is a logical response as the new software will probably hint at what we may expect in hardware. Did I say one negative thing about the google OS or the phone? I don't care about whatever anyone uses. The new Nexus phone looks like it kicks ass but I'm not buying it because I have been happy with ATT for ~10 or so years and my iphone does everything I need it to do.

And I'm done helping people because you just come in and say we are idiots for using macs and how awesome Linux is. You are the biggest fanboi of anyone on this site. I've admitted I have used Windows, Linux, Mac OS and IRIX and the Mac OS has not always been the best. But, for my industry, the software suites and price of hardware/software you will not find a better solution.

The simple fact you can't pass up a thread where someone isn't using Linux to come in with your nose in the air and say how stupid they are for using whatever hardware/software they are using, makes you a fanboi. The practical upshot at what I am saying is... stop inserting your views for nothing other than to shun people. Use what you use because it works and let others use what they use when it works. Stop looking down on someone because they may have slightly less knowledge than you.

And to end, I will just go on record that I am completely dismissing everything you say from now on. Don't bother responding to anything I say in the future because it will be read, possibly understood, but most importantly not responded to. I am over trying to converse with someone like you in a rational way.

peace.

fanboi h4t3

i love it!

now please quit sniveling like a menstruating teenager and read this:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ressentiment[/ame]

it may help your emotional growth and make your life a little easier

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    it kicks ass, and I like it.

will report back after I've actually used it
    Great review.

Very interested to see if this is the Ipood Killer!
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?