Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sage now skiing for Atomic?

I heard it through the grapevine. One of my co-workers was at a dinner at the Amer Sports headquarters in Ogden last night and spotted Sage leaving with some Bent Chetlers and a bag of other goodies in hand. [/gossip]

If thats true, Atomic would have an incredible team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

reminds me of ferris bueller.

I'd say that's kind of a long shot. For all we know he could have been taking stuff for a friend over to a raffle somewhere, movie premier, etc., etc. I'd say until you see a pair Bents attached to Sages feet, it's probably nothing. Who knows though, I've seen crazier things happen.

I heard from pretty reliable sources back in October, that Sage and Ian McIntosh were both unhappy with Rossi and considering other possibilities. I don't want to spread rumors, but the Atomic thing wouldn't surprise me.
    VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    reminds me of ferris bueller.
    Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Quote Originally Posted by bngofast View Post
    I'd say that's kind of a long shot. For all we know he could have been taking stuff for a friend over to a raffle somewhere, movie premier, etc., etc. I'd say until you see a pair Bents attached to Sages feet, it's probably nothing. Who knows though, I've seen crazier things happen.
    That is a good point, but FWIW, I've also heard rumors that Rossignol cut it's riders' salaries in half this year. Budget issues or whatever, but if true, it sucks that they can't properly pay the people who give their companies a fantastically good name. It seems that Kye Petersen will be their big name, big mountain guy this year. It's been awesome to see him come up from such a young age, so I'd be happy to see him stick with the company and get some real limelight this season!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
    Well played, sir!

Ian's on Volkl.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

While the rumors are floating lets add on HH just dropped there whole team.

FYI - the ski industry is a Sherman tank trying to swim with one floaty on each arm

Ian's website is sporting the volkl logo, Sage's still has Rossignol.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    While the rumors are floating lets add on HH just dropped there whole team.
    that's quite confirmed and I feel incredibly sorry for all those that put years into that company just to get dropped like a hot rock.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDirt View Post
    That is a good point, but FWIW, I've also heard rumors that Rossignol cut it's riders' salaries in half this year. Budget issues or whatever, but if true, it sucks that they can't properly pay the people who give their companies a fantastically good name. It seems that Kye Petersen will be their big name, big mountain guy this year. It's been awesome to see him come up from such a young age, so I'd be happy to see him stick with the company and get some real limelight this season!
    I know Rossi chopped their racers pay, thus why Lindsey moved over to head.

So if Helly Hansen dropped all of their atheletes (who were they all, btw?), I'd sure as hell hope they dropped the crew of the Northwestern from Deadliest catch...HH throwing money around there too...

HH --> Hojy, James Heim, Pollard, Davenport, Abma, PK Hunder...

Still listed.

I heard of numerous HH sponsorships for comp riders being dropped however. Every brand seems to be cutting back.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    HH --> Hojy, James Heim, Pollard, Davenport, Abma, PK Hunder...

Still listed.

I heard of numerous HH sponsorships for comp riders being dropped however. Every brand seems to be cutting back.
    Davenport is with Spyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I heard from pretty reliable sources back in October, that Sage and Ian McIntosh were both unhappy with Rossi and considering other possibilities. I don't want to spread rumors, but the Atomic thing wouldn't surprise me.
    You will be surprised that they both signed with 333. They will be sharing a trailer in parking lot near you.

As far as i know HH Kicked Hoji and Harrison off.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    As far as i know HH Kicked Hoji and Harrison off.
    That's smart. Only two of the best big mountain skiers of all time.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post

A rumor I heard had less to do with cutting back because of economic trouble, but more along the lines that HH is in fact doing really well financially and are looking to cut most major expenses in order to make the company look more profitable in an attempt to sell the company itself.

Granted this rumor isn't confirmed, but it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    So if Helly Hansen dropped all of their atheletes (who were they all, btw?), I'd sure as hell hope they dropped the crew of the Northwestern from Deadliest catch...HH throwing money around there too...
    but the unwashed masses actually watch that show, so it may pay dividends, kind of like giving rappers TNF.....
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by zutroy View Post
    I know Rossi chopped their racers pay, thus why Lindsey moved over to head.

Lindsey...head...heh
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Ian's on Volkl.
    yep, saw them in the lift line today and it looked like a hell of a ski. Ian said Rossi was too broke to pay athletes this season.

TGR just put on "on the couch" video out 3 days ago with Mcintosh talking about the super 7?? how the fuck is he on Volkl now? also what a dumbass. Rossi is making the best skis available right now

eh... sounds like volkl is gonna be willing to let him design his own ski, if they're actually gonna pay him too I'd say that sounds like a great move. I think rossi would be idiotic to let him and sage go, but thats not my call.

Winstedt just left rossi too, skiing on Salomon now...