Swelling just below the knee,WTF?

2 weeks ago I noticed a small amount of swelling just below me knee cap, approx 2" down. No pain related to the swelling. It also did not effect my movement, hiked the mountains a ton during hunting season. As it receded, I received a bruising pattern down my leg. Did the usual ice thing. Gone after about 10 days. Well now it is back. Small pingpong ball sized swellling bellow knee cap again. Iced it last night and am icing this AM. Again, no pain or lack of movement. I have been only doing light work this week so nothing strenuous. I have never had knee probs so this has got me worried. Ideas? I will try to get some pics up later if it helps. Thanks!

Get it checked out dude.
    Co-worker is in a world of hurt right now for not being more aggressive getting her painful knee [so yes, very different medical issue than you...] checked out, just found out it's a cancerous tumor almost 4 inches in size now.
    Chances are yours is some minor deal, but the older i get the less time i allow before getting shit looked at.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

pics would help, sounds like a bursitis, did you bang the knee on something or do you kneel a lot for work, ie. construction, tile, carpet etc...
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Vinman got it. Bursitis is the diagnosis. I have never had one, even though I am on my knees sometimes for work. I usually wear kneepads, but the last time I was trimming out a job, It only took 1.5 hrs. so did not wear them. Note to self! Doc says to wrap it with a Ace for a week. Light ice.