Page 101 of 227 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 5668
    Btw we have some solid new Tahoe/CA deals on Liftopia:

http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-i...California.htm

Solid Alpine + Homewood midweek prices.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Just started snowing sideways heavily here in NW Reno. Wonder if KT ever opened finally. Seems things got worse so I'm doubting it.

Quote Originally Posted by unofficialandes View Post

Storm Day 2 was just as windy as yesterday with more snow which lead to upper mountain being closed. It was hard to see out there but here was some of the action from KT-22
    Epic!
    Way to go Miles !
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

If you can get your ass over to Waterhouse today, it's fucking sick, did two laps and my buds needed to get back, seriously thinking about driving back over, it is nuking up there.

While kicking back with a beer waiting for the truck to warm up, we saw a snowplow with it's tires locked sliding past us, after it took off again there was a SUV augured into the snowbank.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Sunny now on the Peninsula. It was raining so much two hours ago that our creek was flooding. Pretty damned fast moving storm.
    Was going to say the same thing earlier. Was coming down pretty good in Cupertino, then one lightning flash (can't recall ever seeing lightning here), some thunder, then the sun was out through lunch. Now its starting to rain again, fast is right.

Wind is blowing so hard that even Sierra is shutting down. West Bowl was still running when I left, but holy crap was that wind howling.

Traffic is crawling down Meyers Grade due to whiteout conditions in places.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Just started snowing sideways heavily here in NW Reno. Wonder if KT ever opened finally. Seems things got worse so I'm doubting it.
    Haven't seen anything from UnofficialSquaw on twitter, so I suspect no. There HQ faces KT so there updates are usually timely and very accurate.

NS shut down lookout mountain bout noonish as the bulk of the storm started to hit and the winds picked up but I think the rest of the mountain is still running
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Bwwahaha!!

Jesus just blocked out the sun and the damn trees are knocking into each other.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

blow wind blow

Absolutely puking whiteout up here right now, damn! Can't wait for the next AlpineDad report!

Cams are looking insane everywhere and patterns are looking strong through the night. Tomorrow should be more than epic....

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Absolutely puking whiteout up here right now, damn! Can't wait for the next AlpineDad report!
    Harsh!! But I too am eagerly awaiting the armchair reports.

Absolute f'n blast at the shithole in Nevada mid day today. Chuter has been running and its been snowin and blowin since about Noon. Now back at work .

Oh and it's snowing in the desert. And I'll be up in them there hills again manana. I'll be wearing some pants, a coat, and probably a helmet, holler if you see me ..

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Can't wait for the next AlpineDad report!
    If you're lucky maybe he'll direct every bit of bay area traffic through your neighborhood too!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    If you're lucky maybe he'll direct every bit of bay area traffic through your neighborhood too!

too funny!

KT never opened. They fixed the lift and the patrol was bombing again at around 12, but shut down due to winds. 3.5 hours in line for one run off Exhibition.
    Good day still!

It's ok, they have chains you know.

Last two days have been epic tree skiing at the legendary steeps of Homewood. Rolled into alpine (again) this morning at the crack of 8am and got all geared up and was jonesing to caress all that lonely snow above Roundhouse that hasn't been touched. No dice.

So off to Homewood, and man, it was gooood. Especially out in the woods and down Quail to the waiting shuttle van for the rde back to the main left/lodge.

I had some waist deep turns today.

Back at the house (after a Millennium Falcon light speed special effects drive home on 89) now watching it snow, and hoping tomorrow they finally open Summit and Scott.

Truckee is now the ice planet Hoth.

I think I just saw one of those stroll past my office window.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post

Just bring an extra jacket. Nobody likes the smell of a dead tonton.

How are the temps? I had heard it was cold and the snow was light, but looking at the Sugar Bowl cam, the picnic table area looks slushy, unless that area is heated, which I hope it is.

Nobody likes the smell of a dead tonton.
    But.... tauntaun cake is tasty!

More here:
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/ind...n-grooms-cake/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

so that's what I saw today (except the abonomble snowman was driving it I think).

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Well, we bailed downhill, leaving Alpine at 7:15. 6 hours door to door, but that included a 75-minute stop in Auburn for breakfast at Sweetpea's and two stops in SF. Looks like we timed our departure pretty much perfectly; precip started at Nyack and got biblical just before Colfax.

One tip every maggot who drives 80 West from Truckee should know: If chain check starts at Donner Lake Interchange, and if they've got the surface roads reasonably clear (89 tends to be a good yardstick), take Donner Pass Road almost all the way to the end of the lake, then make a right on Donner Lake Road and take that to 80. You'll still have to go through chain check, but it's orders of magnitude quicker. Today, we waited less than a minute, and even that was just because they checked the tread on the truck ahead of us. Once we got on 80, the lineup stretched back to the curve, who knows how much further. It often saves hours on the return trip.
    Thanks, great Tip!
    Repoman

Does anyone think Squaw will get KT open early tomorrow? Contemplating a half day, just unsure which half....I'm thinking the afternoon might be a better bet.