Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Last time I was there they had a woman answering the phone who didn't do any boot fitting

Crystal does liner baking, she has been there for 15 yrs, I think her dad started intuition

There is alsoba guy named Tom who does liner baking and punches
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So how does one contact Crystal? Phone and email? Weekend? I filled their online fit form and am still waiting for an answer... So I finally ordered something for my trip and I am not sure I want to bake those after all.

I am in Seattle, so I could conceivably make a trip to Vancouver but it would have to be a weekend and maybe not before the time limit to return. People mention an Intuition outlet but all I can find online is info about their HQ.

My comments below in red. Curious which Seattle-area fitter you're working with. Feel free to PM if you don't want to share publicly. I recall really liking the stock liner of the Head Raptors, and I would definitely not put an Intuition into a race boot for my feet, but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Crash View Post
    So... On the advice of my local bootfitter I ordered some HD Race liners. These will go into a pair of extremely snug (a pencil width of space in shell fit) Head Raptor 140s. The boot fitter also made me a footbed to support a reasonably high arch (or two). There is no way I can slip my foot in the liner in the boot with the footbed; I can do so without the footbed. I am not sure he realized the 7 mm sole height. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will baking the liners make enough room for the footbed? Once baked, they can't be returned. This is a question for your bootfitter, who should cover the cost of the liner if he recommended them and they don't fit properly. My guess is probably, but I'm pretty sure the Intuition will be a bit higher volume than the stock liner. If not, what are my options? Pro Tongue, which may be too stiff and will make my boots red; Dreamliner, too soft?

2. Will the HD liner stiffen my boot? I know the Intuition site says FX is flex neutral and HD will stiffen, but I was recommended the HD by the fitter. FWIW the Head liner has really thick plastic on the tongue going all the way to the toe box, which may compare to the HD not the FX? I don't need more stiffness in these boots, the plastic is super high quality and stiff... Again, your fitter should be able to answer this. I don't think the HD race is any stiffer than the stock liner, but you should get better power transfer in the stock liner because it's more rigid than the foam. I can't recommend the FX race anymore because the foam is softer everywhere (not just the cuff), creating a weird, "cushy" fit. I ordered my girl the FX race for her Head Raptors, and she ended up using them in her touring boots instead. They are definitely higher-volume than the stock liner.

3. Will warmth really improve? This is the one reason I am spending an extra $150 for the liners. Well...maybe. The problem is that a thinner liner that doesn't restrict as much circulation can be warmer than a thicker one. Once more, this is something your bootfitter should be able to answer pretty definitively based on how much overall room you have in the boot.
    Disclaimer: I'm not a bootfitter, and I don't work in a shop.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

So how does one contact Crystal? Phone and email? Weekend? I filled their online fit form and am still waiting for an answer... So I finally ordered something for my trip and I am not sure I want to bake those after all.

I am in Seattle, so I could conceivably make a trip to Vancouver but it would have to be a weekend and maybe not before the time limit to return. People mention an Intuition outlet but all I can find online is info about their HQ.
    Go to intuition liners.com and look in contacts for the contact info. They are open really late, make sure to book an apointment, Tom is really good as well and I know he will do boot punches

They are pretty liberal on returns, I came back 2 weeks later after carpet testing a tonged liner and asked for power wraps ... no problem. My neighbor bought liners in smithers and when she went there to get a punch they gave her a different liner... no problem

Go to intuition liners.com and look in contacts for the contact info. Make sure to book an apointment, Tom is really good as well and I know he will do boot punches

They are pretty liberal on returns, I came back 2 weeks later after carpet testing a tonged liner and asked for power wraps ... no problem. My neighbor bought liners in smithers and when she went there to get a punch they gave her a different liner... no problem

Hey all, I just bought a pair of scarpa freedom sl shells, and I'm looking for some liners for them. I was thinking of getting the power wraps, but I've heard that the pro tongue would be better the boot - I'll be skiing the boot in the resort mostly, but I'll probably take it out to the backcountry on occasion. Any advice on which liner to get?

Also, the sizing on the Intuition website is strange to me - the shells are 28s, but I need a 27.5, so I'm not sure what size liner to get. Any advice? Thanks for the help!

Intuition alpine

Does anyone know the difference between the intution alpine and the liner that's in the dalbello panterra?

i need a new liner for my dynafit mercurys and I think I wanna go for a wrap style liner and not the classic tongue liner. I tried to put the panterra liner in my mercurys and it felt ok, but maybe a bit tight. I don't have the alpine at hand for comparison...

also intuition recommend rounding up when choosing size in the alpine liner, but I feel like that would just make the liner to big. I have I 29.5 size shoe, but think a 29 liner would fit my feet better and be more snug. Anoyone know anything about this?

I been on pw's in mercs and now the Vulcan for 3 yrs , the liners should just swap right over but in fact the Vulcan fits just a c hair tighter, its probably time for new liners so I emailed intuition and Aimee got back to me in 2 days, told her I'm booking thru Vangroovy and could she fit me in for Thursday ... Apt done for new pw's

The intuition people are great ... Contact t them

Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Also, the sizing on the Intuition website is strange to me - the shells are 28s, but I need a 27.5, so I'm not sure what size liner to get. Any advice? Thanks for the help!
    It's the Scarpa sizing that's out of whack, you need a 27.5 liner because Scarpas shell breaks on the half - ie: 27.5 is the same as the 28.0 (which would regularly be another brand's 27.0/27.5 size). Get a 27.5 liner for your 28.0 Scarpa boot.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I been on pw's in mercs and now the Vulcan for 3 yrs , the liners should just swap right over but in fact the Vulcan fits just a c hair tighter, its probably time for new liners so I emailed intuition and Aimee got back to me in 2 days, told her I'm booking thru Vangroovy and could she fit me in for Thursday ... Apt done for new pw's

Thanks!

How are the pw's to walk with tho? Aren't they very stiff. I'm worried I won't be able to break it backwards for touring. Did you have any problems with this?

I've got PWs in my touring boots. They're not going to be as good as a tongue liner for going up but for me it's worth it on the way down. It might take some getting used to but I have zero issues and I have used them on multi day hut trips, huge single day tours, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    It's the Scarpa sizing that's out of whack, you need a 27.5 liner because Scarpas shell breaks on the half - ie: 27.5 is the same as the 28.0 (which would regularly be another brand's 27.0/27.5 size). Get a 27.5 liner for your 28.0 Scarpa boot.
    I thought intuition didn't sell half sizes. I know the 27.5 boot is the same as the 28, so what liner would be best to take up room? I was thinking of getting either the pro tongue or power wrap - not sure if one liner is fantastically better than the other for the freedom.

They do not sell half size liners. A 28 Scarpa shell has a similar BSL to other manufacturer's 27/27.5. If I were you I would get a size 10 (28 mondo) Intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    They do not sell half size liners. A 28 Scarpa shell has a similar BSL to other manufacturer's 27/27.5. If I were you I would get a size 10 (28 mondo) Intuition.
    Ok, thanks.

Thanks XXX-er. I called and after talking about my boots they said the HD Race I had should work just fine, and that if not they would take care of me. It does not... Spent two hours with a bootfitter trying to fit in, and my left foot has so little room in my boot that I cannot push the liner flat against the zeppa... The thickness of the liner, even fully baked, is just too much. My right foot was happy though. Time to consider some Hotronics maybe, because one never has enough batteries to charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny26 View Post
    Thanks!

How are the pw's to walk with tho? Aren't they very stiff. I'm worried I won't be able to break it backwards for touring. Did you have any problems with this?
    I've been using Intuition Alpine Wrap liners (without the reinforcing pad of the Powerwraps) in my Dynafit Mercury Shells for several years now. With lots of miles of hard touring and skiing, and they seem to excel at everything (skiing, striding, keeping me warm, comfort, putting them on). I actually swapped the liners over from my Titans without remoulding, and they're still going strong after 300+ days of touring. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I've been using Intuition Alpine Wrap liners (without the reinforcing pad of the Powerwraps) in my Dynafit Mercury Shells for several years now. With lots of miles of hard touring and skiing, and they seem to excel at everything (skiing, striding, keeping me warm, comfort, putting them on). I actually swapped the liners over from my Titans without remoulding, and they're still going strong after 300+ days of touring. Can't recommend them highly enough.
    2nded. I had powerwarps in a pair of Scarpa Matrix' for hundreds of days. Loved them and when the pro tours in my Maestrales wear out that's what I'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

So because I have such a sporty shell fit I was told I should probably go with a low volume liner next time but instead of selling me a new liner Tom said he would rather just re-cook my medium volume liner which had already nicely conformed to the shell with all the buckles cranked down on the last ladder to give me more room ... saved me a bunch of coin.

he measured my foot to be 102, has me on file with the info on what he did for the next time ... great service

FYI, I was told by Tom that Crystal is out of the office on business. She was originally helping me, and Tom is for now. The original liners they sent me are likely too big (Dreamliner MV) and now they are sending me an LV version to try (still have the MV's). They are pretty easy and flexible to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That sounds good, definately getting those! What side did you get tho? I have my mercurys in 29.5, and my foot measure 29.0. On the intuition website it says to round up on the alpine liner so that I should get size 30.0, but I'm afraid that's gonna be to big. How did you size yours to your foot size/shell size? I tried a luxury MV in 29 and it felt good on my foot, never tried a size 30 tho..

Help! Need some advice on which liners to get for my Lange RX 130s. I've always liked how the boots flexed and felt with the stock liner. Just recently, they feel packed out and sloppy. Should I look at the Powerwrap, Alpine or a tongue model? Thanks.

I don't have intuitions but am looking to put some in my boots. All my research tells me to go with a tongue model. I am in Atomic Hawx 130, which are stiffer than your Lange 130, I had those too. I do not want to stiffen them up as I like the flex now and don't need a stiffer boot. For whatever all that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I don't have intuitions but am looking to put some in my boots. All my research tells me to go with a tongue model. I am in Atomic Hawx 130, which are stiffer than your Lange 130, I had those too. I do not want to stiffen them up as I like the flex now and don't need a stiffer boot. For whatever all that's worth.
    That's very helpful and that's my exact worry, based on hearing the wraps stiffen the boot. I like the 130 flex too. Was perfect until the liner packed out.

I have 4 pair of power wraps, and they all work, in fact I can't use the tongued liners cuz they hurt my high instep, IME power wraps always work but tongued liners maybe not ?

I have Rossignol Radical Pros --advertised as a 130 Flex which I think would be the same as Langes. Powerwraps didn't noticeably change the flex, probably because the boots got a lot of their stiffness from the tongue of the stock liner. In fact--I had been skiing the boots with both spine screws out and after getting the PW's I put the screws back in. I suspect how much the PW stiffens the flex depends on what liner it's replacing.