Mammut/Barryvox customer service rocks

Broke the little tab off the battery door latch on my pulse. It stayed closed with a little piece of tape, but I didn't want to drop the batteries in the middle of a real search, so I sent it back, and two week later a brand new one shows up on my door. Awesome!

hmmm...i've been meaning to do that as well, for the same reason. Care to post the warranty page/return address?
    ...so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

That's funny, the Mammut rep told us straight-up that Mammut wouldn't warranty the battery door, as it's a user-error. That said, I think it's poor design (the battery door isn't intuitive) and that they SHOULD be warrantying it.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I broke the battery cover on mine too the first time I changed batteries. Did you call them and they told you to send it in? I kind of figured it was my fault but will send it in if they will fix or replace.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Broke the little tab off the battery door latch on my pulse. It stayed closed with a little piece of tape, but I didn't want to drop the batteries in the middle of a real search, so I sent it back, and two week later a brand new one shows up on my door. Awesome!
    Got the exact same deal. Took them a little bit longer to get turned around, but it was middle of summer so it didn't matter. Had a nice little note along the lines of 'you don't want to take the chance that something else is busted'

I'm guessing you used a knife to open? I don't think a ton of people carry a flathead with them, so something sharp and pointy seems to be the only way of getting it open in the field. I would file that under design defect.

Folks, you are NOT supposed to open the battery door with a knife. All you need to do is to press down on the battery door itself and slide it open. It's easy, no knife needed. People break the damn door *because* they use a knife. What is defective is that people think they *should* be using a knife, when in fact that's just the depression slot for the plastic tab which is pressed in when simply pressing down on the battery door.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I believe that my original one had a foam chunk shimmed under the latch, so just pushing down on the door didn't work. Which is why I had to resort to knife/screwdriver method. I guess I just needed someone female with long fingernails to pop that sucker open.