Talking American looking to relocate to Revelstoke or nearby

American, life long skier, Bridger Bowl, MT, Summit County, CO, and presently the Wasatch, UT, planning to road trip to Revelstoke end of this week/early next week to check out(want to look into employment and living options) relocating to Revelstoke area or nearby in the Interior BC. I'm educated w/B.S. College Degree, which I have had for many years, but understand must secure employment offer before applying for Canadian Work Permit.

Any insight on Canadian employment requirements, Revy, rental housing, etc. with first hand experience climbing these hurdles appreciated. Have been doing a good amount of web searching myself, but always appreciate insight provided by those who have previously traveled similar path. PM or email me.
    Cheers.
    "A man has to know his limitations".

Good Luck.

In the past 2 years or so revy and the rest of the interior have gone off. Housing is retarded, a place that went for 80 000 2years ago fetches 300 000 now. Definitely not going to find much in the way of employment that will support revy rent and a ski habit unless your looking for a bunch of roommates as well.

B.S. in what?

Search function will reveal several other similar threads.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

What type of work are you looking for? Not a whole lot of professional work in Revy right now, but there are still lots of options in the Okanagan (1-2 hour drive from Kelowna/Vernon)

Also, if you are bringing your skis, give me a ring... still some great turns at Rogers pass and I'm heading up there near the end of this week. With the great beaches, boating and bike riding, its getting hard to find people looking to ski...