Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63
Results 1,551 to 1,555 of 1555
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This flour: https://www.amazon.com/Antico-Caputo...dp/B00FXH8QFQ/

You're going to ignore the pizza dough recipe on the bag (BT; DT, wasn't a fan) and modify the focaccia recipe into a pan pizza recipe. For two 10" cast iron pan pies:

400 g flour
    20 g olive oil
    7 g instant/rapid rise yeast (1 packet)
    5 g kosher salt
    400 g warm water

Mix until fully combined.

-Add 1-2 tbs olive oil to each pan and use your fingers to evenly coat the bottom and sides.
    -Divide the dough evenly between the pans and smush it around with your fingers into an even layer (the dough sticks to your fingers like crazy, so oil your hands very well first).
    -For a denser crust, sauce/top/cook immediately. For a taller, airier crust, let rise 20 minutes.
    -Add sauce, cheese, and toppings as desired (I use 4 oz of low-moisture whole milk mozzarella and 1-2 oz of Pecorino per pie)
    -To ensure a nice crispy crust, I give the crust a head start on the stovetop. Place the pies on stovetop burners over med-high heat until sizzling for 1-2 minutes
    -Move to a 550* oven and bake 10-12 minutes
    -Let cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a rack for an additional 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

If you don't have two 10" cast iron pans, cake pans might work, or just make one big pizza on a well-oiled sheet pan.

The focaccia recipe on the bag is also quite good. I make it per the bag instructions with the exception of reducing the salt by about half.
    Can’t say enough good things about this flour for GF pizza. Was looking at your pizzas up thread DTM and will try your dough recipe next!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20240315_173321.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	912.0 KB 
ID:	490692
    Hawaiian pizza.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1710558634.548133.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	490704

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Thanks!

Thanks for the recipe and the link to the flour. We've made this 5+ times with great results every time. My buddy who has been GF for 10 years insisted it's better than any GF pizza he has ordered from a restaurant over the past decade.

I'm so glad to keep homemade pizza in our rotation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This flour: https://www.amazon.com/Antico-Caputo...dp/B00FXH8QFQ/

You're going to ignore the pizza dough recipe on the bag (BT; DT, wasn't a fan) and modify the focaccia recipe into a pan pizza recipe. For two 10" cast iron pan pies:

400 g flour
    20 g olive oil
    7 g instant/rapid rise yeast (1 packet)
    5 g kosher salt
    400 g warm water

Mix until fully combined.

-Add 1-2 tbs olive oil to each pan and use your fingers to evenly coat the bottom and sides.
    -Divide the dough evenly between the pans and smush it around with your fingers into an even layer (the dough sticks to your fingers like crazy, so oil your hands very well first).
    -For a denser crust, sauce/top/cook immediately. For a taller, airier crust, let rise 20 minutes.
    -Add sauce, cheese, and toppings as desired (I use 4 oz of low-moisture whole milk mozzarella and 1-2 oz of Pecorino per pie)
    -To ensure a nice crispy crust, I give the crust a head start on the stovetop. Place the pies on stovetop burners over med-high heat until sizzling for 1-2 minutes
    -Move to a 550* oven and bake 10-12 minutes
    -Let cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a rack for an additional 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

If you don't have two 10" cast iron pans, cake pans might work, or just make one big pizza on a well-oiled sheet pan.

The focaccia recipe on the bag is also quite good. I make it per the bag instructions with the exception of reducing the salt by about half.

Awesome!