Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    otter too? AG's, rev and page, DTMchic, et al? you are not making this easy on me.

Aw I love you guys. I guess I could just ski tour during the week or sumpin. It's just my last chance to really ski - and first since surgery - during a season I pretty much watched from the e.c. sidelines. But I have such a weakness for big bikes in the desert. Fuggit!
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I'm working on a day trip on Friday, though it's pretty iffy. Anybody want to head down and back up on the same day? If I do it, I'll be leaving SLC around 4:30 AM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Ride in Moab one weekend, ski the next. Repeat until June.

Thumbs up

Particle: I am tired of your indecision so I will make the decision for you: Be in Moab on Thursday night or Friday. Bring the fun.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Unfortunately I'm booked to work every day you guys are going to be down here. Maybe I can catch up with you all at camp or something though. Maybe an evening slickrock ride? I'm usually done with work by 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Particle: I am tired of your indecision so I will make the decision for you: Be in Moab on Thursday night or Friday. Bring the fun.
    Check yer PM's rev

Just wondering.....Do you think a case of Fireball is enough for the weekend?
    "I don't feel tardy"

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Check yer PM's rev

How long of drive is Moab from SLC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    3.5 to 4 depending on traffic and such.

DOOOOOO IT!!!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Thumbs up

I feel like this is an awesome high school kegger...at first you think only a few of your friends are going to show up but then people you don't even know are barfing on your parents' rug and the dog is drunk!

JP and I will need to know who's definitely in by tomorrow afternoon so we can try to secure enough real estate. We'll also have to secure a few extra campsites Thursday night, though we won't need them, so we'll have to work out cash for that, if it's cool with you guys. It sounds like we'll have more than enough people to make it super cheap, though. Anyone know if there's a max number of vehicles/people per campsite? Right now I *think* that JP and I plus the AG's will be sharing one site so I'll try to figure out the rest.

Once you know you're in, PM me with the number of vehicles/people and your cell number. I'll send out a mass text with campsite locale on Thursday night. I have to warn everyone that we will do our BEST to get a bunch of space but you know how that goes, so there's a possibility you may be on your own. We will definitely do our best, though. If anyone has a better idea as to a likely spot with mass space, post it up!

Rev, if you're camping off Sand Flats, the cost is on a per-car basis, so everybody basically pays for themselves. As far as I know, the only limit on the number of campers is how many cars you can fit in the alloted parking. There are a handful of spots at the D site (I think) that will easily hold all these people.

Oh sure, the one year I can't actually make it out to Moab and freaking everybody is going to be there. I really hate you all. Truly.

Oh, and fyi, we go there Weds night last year of auto week and there were 3 crappy spots left in all of Sand flats.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Oh sure, the one year I can't actually make it out to Moab and freaking everybody is going to be there. I really hate you all. Truly.

Oh, and fyi, we go there Weds night last year of auto week and there were 3 crappy spots left in all of Sand flats.
    Sucks you moved, I could really use another day-tripper. I also need a lead for B&G. I also need someone to motivate me to ride at ridiculous hours of the morning. Damn you and your personal agendas.

DOOOOOO IT x2!!

bags - is B&G good to go? if so let's hit it on a lunch break this week. or monday.

Last question. I've never been there. Collective thought, Moto-lite or Demo 7 with one ring up front? Probably only have room for one bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post

Oh shit. Anyone else have any suggestions for big group spots?

barlett wash used to have a ton of spots up it, but I heard they have fenced them off now..you might want to confirm with other peeps.
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmm. I think I'm in, I just need to double check with my better half tonight.

Last question. I've never been there. Collective thought, Moto-lite or Demo 7 with one ring up front? Probably only have room for one bike.
    Depends what rides you want to do. But bring the D7 since I'm bringing mine and we can be bike buddies 2 rings is ideal but I've done Moab on 1 ring before and it's doable.

edit to add: you will be wayyyy undergunned riding a moto-lite with the AG's, myself, etc.
    Last edited by Particle; 04-22-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    edit to add: you will be wayyyy undergunned riding a moto-lite with the AG's, myself, etc.
    Agreed. I rarely pedal my moto-lite with them (at least on Porcupine, which is really the only trail down there, right?)

Actually, I'll probably bring both bikes.

Something tells me I'm about to be waaaaay undergunned no matter what I ride.

Damn this ALMOST makes me wish I wasn't going to be in the Sawtooth's for 4 days.

I hate work!!!
    "We could probably grab that monkey and ski off!"