Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Maggot Bike Jersey: 08 Edition

Alright, so it seems enough people are starting to get out and hit the trails and generally think about bikes now.

Therefore, it must be time to start thinking about the jersey for this year.

Whilst I'd love to contribute more than just a purchase, being in Australia kinda limits any real organisational support. And in terms of artistic offerings, well, I suck. So no go there.

However, I figure if we get this going now, we may be ready in a month or so, and therefore actually have the jersey for prime riding season. Just as those of us 'down under' get ready to splash around in the mud And hopefully I won't therefore miss out this year too

So come on FMOB's (Fellow Maggots On Bikes) what are we doing this year?
    Riding bikes, but not shredding pow...

I'm game for a new maggot jersey. I think we had some great ideas/designs last year.
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

I'd prefer if it is a road-type jersey instead of the freeride downhill jersey. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'd prefer if it is a road-type jersey instead of the freeride downhill jersey. That's just me though.
    last year you could order it in different styles. I'm sure that could be accommodated for this year as well.

joined forums this year, searched and found this, in case people are in similar shoes as me:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=95099

assuming thats last years edition, looks super hot.

That's indeed last years...and yes there were roadie, freeride and DH versions last year.

I figure if we get on it now we'll get to use them this summer (/winter for some ) rather than getting them in the Fall (/spring), no disrespect to those who arranged it last year. It always takes a bunch of rounds to thrash out the design and get the orders in I know, so the sooner we get it moving the better is my theory.

But really, it's up to everyone else. If we all want them it's on, if we don't, guess I'll be in local bike shop colours...

I suggest a royal blue for this years, or navy blue. just cause blue is sick. Whoever decides to get this wheel rolling, I'd love to give input, but I don't have the time to design one myself -- because well, I'm too busy designing

dang last years was sick. i also have no skills to add as I don't design or have any hookups on jerseys (do know a guy with a screener if that helps, usually does like small batch t-shirts, but have no idea how that process works), but am willing to provide feedback and pony up the cash for a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by shmoesmith View Post
    last year you could order it in different styles. I'm sure that could be accommodated for this year as well.
    Sweet - I just got my first roadie, hopefully making the jump over to dirt at some point but for now I'm up for two of the road version if they get made this year

We'd need to find two volunteers:

1 - graphic designer versed in apparel design/logo placement/etc.
    2 - someone to organize all payment, ordering, etc...what I did last year

I've got too much going on this spring/summer to do it again, but will be happy to pass along all the contacts/research I did last year.

An easier option to consider may be doing last year's jersey in a new color...I'm sure Atac still has the artwork, so we wouldn't need any new design. But, if a designer steps up, a new style would be cool as well.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I'll look at organizing it for payments/ordering/etc, but I want the details of what you had to go through first LOL. I'm pretty busy as it is tax season at my office and I'm working like 12+hrs/day, so I would need 2 know what I am getting into..not going to make any promises on organizing it yet. I'm sure we could draft MD9 and some other mags to help w/ design.

Id be up for one, last years design looks pretty killer, a new color would be good in my worthless opinion.

what company made them last year?

ATAC made them last year. If you keep the design I vote a different color and we move MAGGOT Up a little bit. Even with a chest strap its pretty low.

BIzump for those that haven't seen this yet and want 'in'...

Given that Particle has the contact details etc it 'should' be easier going than last year...c'mon guys enough of us spend time on here instead of working, sure a few extra mins here and there to get this going is do-able!!!!

I'm in for a couple of 'em.

Just a thought - Nils pretty much took up the cause and got it to happen for the first one so maybe we could use his avatar, the one TJ has for his sig. I dunno but I'd like to see some sort of tribute to my buddy Plakespear on there.

I'm in for 2. Let me know if there's any way I can help, doubt it though.

p.s. small plakepeare logo on the back bottom corner would be awesome. Something subtle but noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

I'm in for a couple. Probably a roadie and a freeride kinda deal. And I would highly support a Fallen Member's logo of some sort or another.
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

Might be in. To be honest, I thought the color last year was awful, and the design was also not my cup o tea (please, if you were involved in color choice or design, don't take that personally, everyone has different tastes and lord knows I've rarely been accused of having good taste!). Disliked the color much more than the design. So I'd like to see what's chosen before committing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Here's what you need to do. Use last years style, pick a color, and go with it. Last year's jersey's were great but we didn't get them until mid-september because we spent so much time on the design! Getting the people to sign up, send their $$$, arrange with the producer, getting orders processed, produced, and shipped will take long enough.
    Last edited by Summit; 04-01-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Any option for skinsuits this year?

I am in for a couple if this is a go.

Agree with Summit on this one. Pick a color (from ATAC) and let's go. We should have ATAC move up the 'Maggot' on the chest an inch or so.

The biggest reason (among many) last year's order was so late was b/c it took so long to collect payment from everyone. Basically whoever organizes this needs to set a deadline for all payments to be in...and everyone who orders needs to hit that deadline. We missed our original slotted production window for early August, then pushed back...pushed back, etc. Not trying to give anyone a hard time, that's just how it was.

ATAC will surely be heavily booked for the summer already but hopefully they can slot us in.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I'd like one. Blue sounds good to me. I'll keep checking this thread for details. Can PayPal the $ whenever.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    To be honest, I thought the color last year was awful, and the design was also not my cup o tea (please, if you were involved in color choice or design, don't take that personally)
    Agreed. No offense, but I didn't pony up cuz I wasn't a fan of the design. Sorry.
    edit--actually just clicked the link pogs posted--never saw the end result. Looks better than the design was on paper/screen.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Any option for skinsuits this year?
    First a dress, now a skinsuit? Ugh.
    But on a more serious note, how 'bout teeshirts? I'm a no-frills rider--I don't need a fancy-pants jersey (npi).
    Last edited by Natedogg; 04-01-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers