Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222

    Blizzard Titan 9 - what did I just get??

    I threw a bid out at the last second, thinking there was NO WAY I'd win, but I did. Here's what I got:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320229749310

    Can anyone tell me anything about these???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    599
    were you just trying to jack the price up for the other bidders?

  3. #3
    Kied's Avatar
    Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    1,462
    "Floats through the powder w/ease and grabs an edge on even the nastiest blue ice. A true 1 ski quiver!!!!!!!"

    I suppose that statement is really a matter of where you ski... otherwise it's a crock of shit. I've got the same ski, same size only in blue (I think they're a year newer) but they do rip. Great ski for firm days although a little short for my liking. I wound up using mine for early season and rocky conditions. Great construction and can take a beating. You should be stoked, they're good skis.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    5,726
    those are dope.

    i tried and tried to get a pair of those piss green ones the season after they were replaced by the blue ones. they are a great ski. stiff, but quick.

    i still believe the green ones are a bit more nimble and such than the newer blue ones (which I have).

    i think it's a good hard snow/boiler plate ski and decent for most conditions. although at 82mm underfoot, i think they're a bit narrow to be a true powder slayer.

    i bought mine last summer as my hard snow ski and have only ridden them twice since falling in love with my Lib Tech's. still a solid set of planks.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    959
    mount them up tele and try and keep up

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Foco
    Posts
    508
    you scored some sick skis..thats what you got..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by todug27 View Post
    were you just trying to jack the price up for the other bidders?
    Back off WarChild. Seriously...

    Nah - I thought someone would snipe them. I put in a high final bid at $250. "Lucky" I guess... I don't know how I'm going to explain this purchase away... I'm not a dick on the Bay - I play fair. I wouldn't have bid if I wasn't interested, but thought there would be a flurry of bidding in the last few seconds. Guess not...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by kiedaisch View Post
    Great ski for firm days although a little short for my liking. I wound up using mine for early season and rocky conditions. Great construction and can take a beating. You should be stoked, they're good skis.
    Cool - sounds like MN "snow" to me... I can take them on early season "thin snow" trips.

    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    i think it's a good hard snow/boiler plate ski and decent for most conditions. although at 82mm underfoot, i think they're a bit narrow to be a true powder slayer.
    No "powder days" in the Great White North of MN. No need for a powder slayer, but if they rock the hard, icy stuff, cool. I can beat them up and keep my Mag 14's for "dress-up". Someone described them as "turny" - true? Most of the skis in my quiver right now are >15m. I'd like something in the GS range that can hold an edge when you crank on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    mount them up tele and try and keep up
    Funny - I just had a friend tell me he did the same thing!! Up for some teachin' next year, Scott? I'll be at Buck next year more than likely... I'm sure I'll still trek to Welch a few times though...

    Quote Originally Posted by DePierre View Post
    you scored some sick skis..thats what you got..
    Awesome - good to hear!! If not, they'll be given up at a fair price next year!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    163

    nines

    I have a pair of the blue ones 181 mounted with dukes. East Coast VT skier "BUSH" I have skied them in bottomless POW early in the season and they did fine. I found that once there was a firm base underneith with POW on top I had a hard time keeping them on top.

    They rail the hard pack, you can stand on both the inside & outside ski and put them on edge & you rail like you are trackes.

    For me, I either have to let them run big turns, or drive them hard and stay ontop of them for short turns. They have there place in my quiver, gots, monster 82's, and a pair of slalom ski's for the true boiler plate days.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Cool - thanks for all the input, guys...

    Well, they're paid for and should be on the way soon. I doubt I'll get to use them this year...

    I think they'll be a great travel ski for me - the elusive "one ski quiver" for when I have to travel light. 82mm (if that's right) at the waist is enough for me for about 90% of the time. It seems that when we go out West, we rarely get the big dumps that require the 100+mm skis.

    My quiver changed a LOT from last year - I was on: Fischer RC4 WC SL, Rossi Scratch FS, Rossi Sprayer BC, Elan M02.2, and the Rossi Scratch BC. As I realized I was buying skis for the places I ski about 5-10% of the time, which makes NO sense, so now I've got a bunch of Elans - Speedwave 12, Magfire 10 & 14, and the Rossi Scratch BC's. I think the Titan 9's will have a place, but they reflect the Mag 14 a lot - maybe a tad less burly... We'll see.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I think the Titan 9's will have a place, but they reflect the Mag 14 a lot - maybe a tad less burly... We'll see.
    I'd say the Titan 9's are more burly than teh Mag 14s. The Elans are more mellow, with the really soft tip where as the Titans have a more rounded, even flex. Both are still great skis, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    3,238
    They were listed once before with no bidders: Good ski, I have he 188 which is 92 underfoot. It's one ski I almost always grab as it is versatile when you don't know what you'll hit for snow conditions.

    http://search-completed.ebay.com/Bli...Z1QQsofocusZbs
    Driving to Targhee

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Funny - I just had a friend tell me he did the same thing!! Up for some teachin' next year, Scott? I'll be at Buck next year more than likely... I'm sure I'll still trek to Welch a few times though
    No problem- if you have a small foot, they had some Scarpa 2TX Tele boots at the Bloomington REI in the scratch and dent room this past Sat for 99 bucks

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A Material World
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    They were listed once before with no bidders:
    Yeah I was tempted. Sorta sad I didn't get them first time around Enjoy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,866
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Back off WarChild. Seriously...

    Nah - I thought someone would snipe them. I put in a high final bid at $250. "Lucky" I guess... I don't know how I'm going to explain this purchase away... I'm not a dick on the Bay - I play fair. I wouldn't have bid if I wasn't interested, but thought there would be a flurry of bidding in the last few seconds. Guess not...
    To funny...those had been listed 3-4 times. Last time they were in the $205 range and I missed the end of the auction. This time I saw your bid and I am like "great, missed it last time, now I have someone else bidding, fuck!!" So at the last minute I pushed the bid a tad, but I wasn't willing to go to your bid as my wife would have kicked my ass.
    Good deal for you, so enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    To funny...those had been listed 3-4 times. Last time they were in the $205 range and I missed the end of the auction. This time I saw your bid and I am like "great, missed it last time, now I have someone else bidding, fuck!!" So at the last minute I pushed the bid a tad, but I wasn't willing to go to your bid as my wife would have kicked my ass.
    Good deal for you, so enjoy.
    Like I said, I was genuinely surprised I got them. I was actually pretty surprised they didn't go for the BIN with free shippping. Had it been earlier in the season, I think they would have.

    You and I bid at the EXACT same time. I put my bid in with about 2:00 to go but didn't confirm it until the last few seconds. I was refreshing over and over, expecting to see the price climb in the last minute - it didn't! I confirmed with about 7 seconds left. And my wife WILL kick my ass...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    78° 41′ 0″ N, 16° 24′ 0″ E
    Posts
    1,508
    I´m just here to say that my gf instantly fell in love with hers.

    181´s with Linkens.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by hemas View Post
    I'd say the Titan 9's are more burly than teh Mag 14s. The Elans are more mellow, with the really soft tip where as the Titans have a more rounded, even flex. Both are still great skis, though.
    Wow - that'll be a powerful stick. The Elan's are pretty easy to initiate turns - true. I can't say I really find them mellow - I thought they were a lot like the Atomic M:EX, but a lot more refined, and better overall ride.

    Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    They were listed once before with no bidders: Good ski, I have he 188 which is 92 underfoot. It's one ski I almost always grab as it is versatile when you don't know what you'll hit for snow conditions.
    Cool - that's the type of ski I'm looking for - the "all in one". Obviously powder isn't an issue for me in MN, so I'm not too worried about the deep snow performance.

    Still pretty stoked about the price. I hope the bindings don't suck.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gnar Towne City, US
    Posts
    640
    I've rocked the Titan 9s at Lutsen in MN many times. Great ski. Very solid, allows you to blow right by ski patrol and look damn good in the process.

    Comparing Mag 14s and Titan 9s? Titan 9s can do almost anything in any condition. Mag 14s are your bitching groomer ski. Can the Mag 14s do other things? Surely, but not nearly as well as the Titan 9s.

    The 9s with the green topsheet are better than the ones with the blue. Not sure why this is, but I'm pretty sure that between the two styles the messed around with the dimensions.

    Nice score!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    They were listed once before with no bidders:
    I saw them the listing before your auction. I would have bought them the first time through but I just picked up a pair of blue 181 T9's on TGR. They are narrower than the blue's and like Dookey said, more nimble.

    I am diggin' my blue T9's I was on them yesterday in the corn. They feel a little more lively than my Dynastar 8800's, the T9's have more sidecut and feel a little more turny, which is what I was looking for. I'll run them today and get more of a feel for them on varied terrain.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by fonixmunkee View Post
    I've rocked the Titan 9s at Lutsen in MN many times. Great ski. Very solid, allows you to blow right by ski patrol and look damn good in the process.

    Comparing Mag 14s and Titan 9s? Titan 9s can do almost anything in any condition. Mag 14s are your bitching groomer ski. Can the Mag 14s do other things? Surely, but not nearly as well as the Titan 9s.

    The 9s with the green topsheet are better than the ones with the blue. Not sure why this is, but I'm pretty sure that between the two styles the messed around with the dimensions.

    Nice score!
    Blow by the ski patrol... Generally not what I measure my day by, but hey, whatever works!!

    I'm relying on you guys for feedback on the T9 - it was a blind buy on a ski I've heard good things about, and just figured that it was in the Mag 14 category. That's fine that it isn't -- I didn't need another "same ski", so I'm very glad to hear this is a good "do it all" ski. I see the Mag as an AT ski, as long as float isn't really needed - I mean if Plake rides it...

    The dimensions are the main difference between the blue & green T9's from what I've been able to find. These are supposed to be 82 in the waist according to the auction, but I've seen some differing info. I guess I'll see when they get here. The blues are 92.

    How's the collar bone doing? Do you miss naedward yet? BTW - is Conti carrying the Speedwave 14? Any left? I'm looking for the 176cm.
    Last edited by axebiker; 03-27-2008 at 03:15 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I see the Mag as an AT ski, as long as float isn't really needed - I mean if Plake rides it...
    Actually nope, Plake and his wife mostly rock youth GS skis...
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by hemas View Post
    Actually nope, Plake and his wife mostly rock youth GS skis...
    Well, SHIT...

    That's okay - I didn't get them because of Glenn anyway. I don't know that I've ever bought a ski because of who I've seen on them.

    Youth GS skis, eh? Weird... I just saw somewhere else today that he's working on the new Elan mogul ski... I forget the name though.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Driving2VT
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    mount them up tele and try and keep up
    I tele the 181 greenies and love 'em for tele. Tried the blue versions in a 181 alpine and found them to ski pretty short which is probably why I like the greenies for tele. Green = 82 under foot and Blue = 86 with a slightly wider tip and much wider tail. Similar turning radius (21mmish) if I recall. Removed NX21s from the blues and plan to tele those as well. Skis rail on groomers though. I'll agree with that statment. Rail, I tell you. Only issue you may have is their length. Performance is top notch.

    As cooltsi noted, the 188s for both years 05/06 (green) and 06/07 (blue) are 92mm under foot with less side cut. More of a big mountain charger where the 181s are more of a cruiser IMHO.

    Sick ski though.
    Uno mas

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, innit?
    Posts
    2,177
    i have the green 181s mounted with dynafits. love em and they're actually pretty decent in soft snow. never had them in anything really deep though
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Similar Threads

  1. 1 Pair of Blizzard titan pros $399 and take 10% off
    By fat yeti in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
  2. Blizzard Titan Nine: Sidewall defect?
    By leBig in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
  3. Blizzard Sigma Titan XXL feedback wanted.
    By nomensteven in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 09:44 AM
  4. Blizzard Titan 9. Anybody skied it?
    By Telenater in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
  5. Blizzard Titan Pro (193 cm, 125-95-115)
    By SquawMan in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •