Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can Christians own guns?

So, I think that we all agree that Jesus would NOT have owned a gun.

SO, if the highest manifestation of being a christian is to emulate his life and beliefs,

THEN,

How can a Christian own a gun?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pay money, not be a convicted felon or convicted of domestic assault, file a 4473, and take the bitch home. My new playtoy that should be here in 2-3 weeks. WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

SO, if the highest manifestation of being a christian is to emulate his life and beliefs,

THEN,

Haven't you ever heard of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.
    Last edited by irul&ublo; 02-20-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I get your point about Jesus probably not being down with poppin caps in peoples asses, but I choose to think he'd be cool with pheasant hunting.

How about "Christians" who actually support the fucking death penalty despite the commandment that plainly states thou shalt not kill. The pot doesn't get in blacker than that!

bottom line was Jesus was the biggest pacifist anti capitalist commie that ever walked the face of the earth but despite these ridiculously clear potions the great majority of his claimed followers are personally rich beyond belief and have the blood of millions on their hands.

This sums it up pretty well:

I love your Christ
    I do not love your Christians
    They are nothing like your Christ
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Why the hell would he want a gun? He's Jesus. He doesn't need a gun.

You're equating gun ownership with being a violent killer. I've owned guns for 30 years, but I have yet to kill anyone. Than again, I'm not Christian.

I see far less hypocracy in gun-owning Christians than I do in, say, GLOBAL WARMINGS!!! Deciples who create even more Earth-killing humans and live in huge mansions.

Yes, Jer, that's the point...you are excused.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yes, Jer, that's the point...you are excused.
    Not to create a huge phliosophical/religious debate, but the meaning of the word translated from the Hebrew as "kill", means "murder".

Quote Originally Posted by board View Post
    the great majority of his claimed followers are personally rich beyond belief and have the blood of millions on their hands.
    Huh? I know plenty of Christians. None of them are "rich beyond belief". None of them are even rich within belief.

Also, saying that because you are Christian you have the "blood of millions on your hands" is like saying that because you are American you have the blood of millions of Native Americans on your hands.

THEN,

I have no idea if Jesus would own a gun if he could. I'm sure he wouldn't use the gun to kill other people if he did own one. I guess I'm wondering if he owned any equipment to hunt game or slaughter goats ro whatever? That'd be the only way it would make sense to me for him to own a gun.

I hear what you're getting at and agree. If you are a Christian you really should be a liberal.

And Jer, it's said in the Bible that humans are the caretakers of the planet. To me that includes not destroying the environment which could correspond to many of the alleged causes of GLOBAL WARMINGS!!!
    Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 02-20-2008 at 05:13 PM.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

AlpineJunkie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Haven't you ever heard of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

ONE.....TWO........FIVE......I MEAN THREE!

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I point and laugh at people that still believe a story that man made up thousands of years ago to explain his existence.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    I point and laugh at people that still believe a story that man made up thousands of years ago to explain his existence.
    You should change your name

now that's funny.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Huh? I know plenty of Christians. None of them are "rich beyond belief". None of them are even rich within belief.

Also, saying that because you are Christian you have the "blood of millions on your hands" is like saying that because you are American you have the blood of millions of Native Americans on your hands.

Of course I wasn't being absolutist hence my preface of Majority not all. At any rate it's laughable that you would not acknowledge the sickening wealth of western Christian based civilization, the Vatican bank for God's sake, multi millionaire televangelists our own born again president who's biggest accomplishment is take cuts on the rich, a war and torture.

As for the blood need I say more than the Spanish inquisition, crusades, death penalty supporting Christians and on and on.

The hypocrisy is mind boggling seeing that all of this comes from people and nations that claim to support a religion that says “it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. etc etc etc..
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Why the fuck not? If you were hanging out in the wild wild west, you surely would be packing, and I don't care who your daddy was.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Meh, I like my screen name. I'll keep it, Hebrew or not.
    Last edited by adam; 02-20-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Of course I wasn't being absolutist hence my preface of Majority not all. At any rate it's laughable that you would not acknowledge the sickening wealth of western Christian based civilization, the Vatican bank for God's sake, multi millionaire televangelists our own born again president who's biggest accomplishment is take cuts on the rich, a war and torture.

As for the blood need I say more than the Spanish inquisition, crusades, death penalty supporting Christians and on and on.

The hypocrisy is mind boggling seeing that all of this comes from people and nations that claim to support a religion that says “it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. etc etc etc..
    You're only supposed to pretend you believe in it, the best excuse is a divine excuse, or something like that.

zingle!

Wow, you're slow. Hint: his avatar.

So you're saying the "majority" of Christians are the Pope, GWB or a televangelist? And you're also saying that the "majority" of Christians think the Spanish inquisition and the crusades were cool?

That Tsaiga looks fun. How much did it run you?

if you can shoot laser beams out your eyes, why you need a gun? jesus can smote people while he's layin' cable on the holy throne. besides, i see him more of a blade man with his mad ninja skillz and all.

And TNKen... did you get it in .410 for little varmits, or 12ga for the two-legged kind?

bwa! POTD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    That Tsaiga looks fun. How much did it run you?

About $1,600 plus the $200 transfer tax for the short barreled shotgun. Can't wait to get it home. Ten round mags run a little under $50 each. www.tromix.com

If you want one, you had better grab it before the Demo-carps take the helm.

DisArray Guest
    HEY RETARD!!!! GUNS WEREN'T INVENTED UNTIL THE THIRTEENTH CENTURY BY THE CHINESE!!!! THATS WAY AFTER JESUS YOU RETARD!!!

MAYBE WE SHOULD ASK IF CHRISTIANS CAN FLY IN AIRPLANES BECAUSE JESUS WOULD NEVER HAVE FLOWN IN AN AIRPLANE!!!!!! JEEZZ!!!
    Last edited by DisArray; 02-20-2008 at 08:25 PM.