Page 365 of 472 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 11780
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I was pissed off at my skiing, and in a bad mood.

I like stiffer skis though, which is why i ski the katanas, metal in the resort and carbon in the backcounty.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    "I thought you had quiver killer inserts in there. " FIFY

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    "I thought you had water skis there. " FIFY

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    only gapers have their DIN set low enough to actually lose a ski, lots of gapers here I see.
    There's actually some truth this. my din was at 5... I guess i'd reduced it for summer storage and forgot to reset.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i’ve seen plenty of jong boarders eat snow
    When there's no paint, or glue handy....
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Jong forth and bringth thy send.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This is a real Asian girl thing right now. Saw it on my last two Europe trips, especially the last. I thought it was Chinese, maybe I'm just seeing the Japanese do it, or both. It's a strange, narcissistic activity, many a time just with one and a selfie stick. I think it's catching on here with the mid teen set.
    Sexy. This motivates me to get out at kicking horse with a blown knee and see what goods the green runs deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    only gapers have their DIN set low enough to actually lose a ski, lots of gapers here I see.
    Personally, I value my second set of ACL’s enough to have a ski come off occasionally.
    I’ve never lost a ski. Either I know right where it’s at, or you just follow downhill.

He’s got a lot of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Personally, I value my second set of ACL’s enough to have a ski come off occasionally.
    I’ve never lost a ski. Either I know right where it’s at, or you just follow downhill.
    Skis are way cheaper than ACL's or all the time you can't do shit...
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Powder Ribbons are not so much about fear of losing a ski for ever.
    Mostly about NOT spending hours looking.
    ☆On a powder day☆
    Downslope of peeps who want to rip.
    (Great simple tech when it works. Some bindings are not ribbon friendly tho.
    Solly work great, hole in back binding lever thing.
    Look do not. Have to wrap around brake).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Yesterday laying on the ground hanging out with my three year old in front of the "bear cave"...

I get his skis back on then proceed to try and put mine on. I somehow manage to slip past the binding, land on my back and smack my head. F'in gaper

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Love this guy owning the callout. Solid!
    We’ve seen enough of his posts in the Tahoe thread to confirm he’s no gaper.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Yesterday laying on the ground hanging out with my three year old in front of the "bear cave"...

I get his skis back on then proceed to try and put mine on. I somehow manage to slip past the binding, land on my back and smack my head. F'in gaper
    ...in “Adventureland”. I would have loved to be on that call if you’d lost consciousness. I’d have been so solicitous and kind.

At the local bump with chairlift, which is by all accounts a learners' place - there because my kids take lessons there, and I go ski while they are skiing because waiting at the bottom is too gaper even for me. Backstory: This hill has this fall thing where you can ride up and see the colours of the leaves and enjoy some craft beer and whatnot. A good time all around.

Anyway, this Saturday it was sunny, cold, and windy. Someone beside me on the lift, I ask them how they're doing, yadda yadda. Get to talking about the weather, and this guy says "it's much warmer here in the Fall."
    Ya don't say....

Spotted what I hope is only a jury-rigged dynafit leash set up yesterday.

Two Ikon pass leashes girth hitched through the heel lifters and then tied off to boot buckle. I assume he had been prevented from riding brake-lesss set up by an eagle eyed lifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

My buddy from Pittsburgh that lives in Detroit now came out for some skiing.

He smoked weed nonstop and talked A LOT. If anyone shared a lift with him at Crystal, Stevens, or Alpental recently your welcome. I’m sure there were some great quotes.

Skied at Squaw yesterday. While on the Gold Coast chair just over the lake some guy says "How come that area is roped off?" His buddy tells him it's a lake. They use the water to make snow. Dude says "They should just fill it in with dirt so you can ski over it."

Same guy, a few minutes later as they're talking about where to go next, "Let's go to Headwall." His buddy says that it's almost all they way back down the mountain. "No it isn't, it's right over there" he says as he points to the left. "That's Siberia Express" says my 12 y.o. as he looks at me shaking his head.

Broke away from my daughter and mom on st Bernard yesterday long enough to take a chair 2 lap so i yell single and get in line with older guy and see he has a pair of garmont adrenalins on. I have a pair that i wear occasionally when i go uphill anyway we're talking about the boots as we are side stepping up to the chair and I say, "yeah but they dont ski worth a shit in walk mode!" to which he responds, "i only ski in walk mode. Cant beat the way they flex!"

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

On a super mellow Monday with zero lift lines...

“You have some very out of control skiers here.”

“Oh yea? That is unfortunate.”

“Yeah...I’ve almost been run in to 5 times today.”

After the 5th time on an empty groomer, maybe you should start asking if YOU’RE the one out of control?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow sued over Utah ski crash. At Deer Valley. On a green run.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Actress Gwyneth Paltrow sued over Utah ski crash. At Deer Valley. On a green run.
    "OMG! Did you read that in Look Magazine?" (Best basic white girl voice impression)
    Who gives a fuck, bobz? LOL. Just messing. But, seriously...Now you're a gaper for posting about Gwyneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Who gives a fuck, bobz? LOL. Just messing. But, seriously...Now you're a gaper for posting about Gwyneth.
    This topic is specifically for those who give a fuck about gapers, and a celebrity crash on a green run leading to a seven-figure lawsuit seems to me spectacularly gaperific.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Broke away from my daughter and mom on st Bernard yesterday long enough to take a chair 2 lap so i yell single and get in line with older guy and see he has a pair of garmont adrenalins on. I have a pair that i wear occasionally when i go uphill anyway we're talking about the boots as we are side stepping up to the chair and I say, "yeah but they dont ski worth a shit in walk mode!" to which he responds, "i only ski in walk mode. Cant beat the way they flex!"

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    I get it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    From the WP version of the story: " “Paltrow got up, turned and skied away, leaving Sanderson stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured,” the lawsuit said, describing the incident as a “hit-and-run ski crash.” The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in Utah state court, also alleges Eric Christiansen, a Deer Valley ski instructor who was with Paltrow at the time, not only failed to call for help, but also “falsely” accused Sanderson of having caused the crash. "

Wonder what the instructor's compensation was.
    Last edited by old goat; 01-30-2019 at 11:10 AM.