Page 1608 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 ... LastLast
Results 40,176 to 40,200 of 41346
    (Dual post)
    Wet snow, then rain, then cold temps = dust on ripping fun & fast, firm crust in late December!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2852.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	557.4 KB 
ID:	480735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2853.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	480734
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Will I70 still be a shitshow in the middle of the day tomorrow? I'm seeing gusts to 60 on 285, so I might be forced to take 70.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
    leave around 4 or 5 traffic will be ok just the typical rental out of state and/or clueless boomer in the left lane cunting things ups
    I go down once a week and leaving golden around 5 is money 90% of the time that other 10% makes you hate the front range

Will I70 still be a shitshow in the middle of the day tomorrow? I'm seeing gusts to 60 on 285, so I might be forced to take 70.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
    it was fine earlier today
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Steamboat surprise, bonafide blower, needed that.

copper skied great today, this little bit of consistent snow we have been able to pick up has done wonders up there. lots of great fresh soft snow off sierra for lap after lap this morning. They opened some more lower reso trails in the afternoon that offered up some fun turns. wasn't crowded at all but it was cold and judging by the traffic around town and city market that is about to change.

WP / Jane skied very well today, cold day though. Skied up on all lifts with pretty much zero line. Testing the copper waters tomorrow

Vail was uncharacteristically empty this morning. Got there at 9am, rode my first 6 chairs alone

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    WP / Jane skied very well today, cold day though. Skied up on all lifts with pretty much zero line. Testing the copper waters tomorrow
    even during the weekend it was pretty quiet. not quite ski on to the lift, but close.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tonight is the business check in day of the holiday. It's full stupid through New Years.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

It is dumping stupid out there on the roadways tonight yall. Full on blizzard of texan snowflakes who drive hudge $100k trucks that apparently didnt come with tyrn signals. I saw a dualie with low profile tires and a 15” lift king ranch. Platinum tremors abound. Mind blown.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It is dumping stupid out there on the roadways tonight yall. Full on blizzard of texan snowflakes who drive hudge $100k trucks that apparently didnt come with tyrn signals. I saw a dualie with low profile tires and a 15” lift king ranch. Platinum tremors abound. Mind blown.
    Some Texan dipshit was getting pulled out of Ophir pass today by a tow truck about 100 yards from 550. Probably trying to get to Telluride. The funny part was his 4runner had a winch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Steamboat surprise, bonafide blower, needed that.
    Been a nice coupla days in the boat. Grateful to have caught this storm

FYI they are much more strict with uphill passes this year

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Some Texan dipshit was getting pulled out of Ophir pass today by a tow truck about 100 yards from 550. Probably trying to get to Telluride. The funny part was his 4runner had a winch.
    Yesterday I saw a tricked out jeep stuck on the other side of the berm at the Lime Creek Rd. CDOT plowed them in while they were trying to drive back there. All three passengers were standing around the vehicle w/ their hands in their pockets. Kinda wanted to stop and take a pic for the GOTOS thread.

Just got word on a possible soft tbar opening this afternoon... although I did a hike into contest yesterday and it's a bit weird up there. Just stoked to get up higher though. I'm gettin real tired of breck lower mtn

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Just got word on a possible soft tbar opening this afternoon... although I did a hike into contest yesterday and it's a bit weird up there. Just stoked to get up higher though. I'm gettin real tired of breck lower mtn
    Tbar opened with access into the skier's right side of Horseshoe & Contest, North Bowl (was awful) and 6 Chair terrain (pretty decent). And E Chair terrain was open all day today after the soft openings the past couple of days. Big lift lines everywhere except E Chair, where they were non-existent. Funny how that happens.
    Old's Cool.

I ain't backcountry skiing this season, but based on what I heard today there are some tough conditions around Silverton. Like ultra stiff breakable crust one turn, with 30cms of bottomless garbage on the next. Sharks, stumps and deadfall galore. This last storm was 6" of snow with 3 feet of North-ish winds for 70+ hours. Not our worst start in the last 10+ years, but nearly. The two week forecast does not look promising.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 12-28-2023 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I ain't backcountry skiing this season, but based on what I heard today there are some of the tough conditions around Silverton. Like ultra stiff breakable crust one turn, with 30cms of bottomless garbage on the next. Sharks, stumps and deadfall galore. This last storm was 6" of snow with 3 feet of North-ish winds for 70+ hours. Not our worst start in the last 10+ years, but nearly. The two week forecast does not look promising.
    You're making me so excited to spend new year's down there, ha.

Yeah, it's quite the mixed bag around RMP. West aspects took a serious beating from the wind earlier this week and have very little snow. We found some okay turns in the trees Tuesday, but stumps and deadfall abound.

W side of Battleship

Name:	IMG_0244.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	480894

Turns down low mostly made up for it

Name:	IMG_0250.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	480895

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Tbar opened with access into the skier's right side of Horseshoe & Contest, North Bowl (was awful) and 6 Chair terrain (pretty decent). And E Chair terrain was open all day today after the soft openings the past couple of days. Big lift lines everywhere except E Chair, where they were non-existent. Funny how that happens.
    Hm I thought north bowl was great, sure the wind scoured area above the trees was fucked but everything below was deep turns, especially forget me not (granted I was first into it for the day)

Name:	IMG_3889.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	480898

6 chair terrain was way better than I had expected, especially if you were willing to side step a bit so you could make your way toward the edge near the way out gate

Name:	IMG_3891.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	480899
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3889.jpg 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	480896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3891.jpg 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	480897  

^^yeah, it was good below treeline......but probably the worst I've seen it above treeline. Guess I just needed to ignore the wind-fuct stuff.
    Old's Cool.

As bad as it is, at least it isn't Hesperus bad for most of us. Hope they can get their lift running again next season.

As bad as it is, at least it isn't Hesperus bad for most of us. Hope they can get their lift running again next season.
    yeah, that sucks. I have had fun there.

Any word on mahogany or pony lifts at steamboat? Looks like they haven’t run yet? Bringing kids and parents up next week and we’ll have fun regardless with what is open but was wondering if those have spun yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

ABasin did a directed opening of some of the Beavers. Bring your shark/stump skis!

Good god we need Bama to lose to Michigan. So so bad.