Page 1609 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 ... LastLast
Results 40,201 to 40,225 of 41346
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ABasin did a directed opening of some of the Beavers. Bring your shark/stump skis!
    Gotten a a few directed laps on the face and Spine, mousetrap, spike, and deep throat the last few days. Been quite nice and I've avoided rocks pretty well amazingly.

Cross post from skintrack
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Attachment 481005
    Skiing OK on the pass, 9" last weekend sitting on a firm crust, Just keeping slopes angles under 32. Lots of untracked yet. Hope for a refresh Jan 5 if not looks bleak

Headed down that way in the camper for the weekend. Probably hit the ski area, maybe a tour, and some hot springs.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Any word on mahogany or pony lifts at steamboat? Looks like they haven’t run yet? Bringing kids and parents up next week and we’ll have fun regardless with what is open but was wondering if those have spun yet.
    Pony is open. And they were letting people hike those area pre-opening.

Heard a rumor mahogany ridge may not open at all this year, but there’s chairs on the line so I doubt it’s true

how much vert is skiable? This half a plunge doesn't cut it here
    off your knees Louie

It's pretty wild how good last season was almost everywhere, and how bad this one is almost everywhere. It's not like a road trip to Jackson, LCC, Tahoe, or BC would do you any good. Flying to AK or Europe is really the only way to find good snow right now.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    It's pretty wild how good last season was almost everywhere, and how bad this one is almost everywhere. It's not like a road trip to Jackson, LCC, Tahoe, or BC would do you any good. Flying to AK or Europe is really the only way to find good snow right now.
    Damn, I know. Been trying to plan a ski trip somewhere in Feb and it is looking pretty bleak. Might just go to MX instead.

Lets all try to remember this shit next time they are predicting el nino and everyone starts getting all excited like it is a good thing.

Probably cancelling a trip to Jackson today that we had planned for next week. What's the point? They are only 46% open and have half their normal average snow. Was thinking the Aspen area instead but that's not much better. Not even snowing in LCC but we could end up there.

Sucks.

ABasin did a directed opening of some of the Beavers. Bring your shark/stump skis!
    I did a couple laps on Davis yesterday afternoon. Wasn’t terrible I guess. They had the groomer on that trail leading up to opening it so wasn’t pow or anything but also not a sheet of ice. Yet.

How's Japan looking?

Yep. Pretty amazing to look at my pics from last year this time and see the difference.

Pattern change in two weeks…

Season’s still young plenty of time for things to turn around

Yeah. And to be honest, the skiing today was actually pretty good. Those same things that make the CO snowpack so sketch also make it decent in low tide. Carveable chalk isn't that bad.

Whistler might be my favorite place in the world to ski, but it's either amazing or shitty, with nothing in between. CO might deserve some of the shit flung its way, but at least it rarely sucks.

CO might deserve some of the shit flung its way, but at least it rarely sucks.
    Correction: Resorts with lots of high elevation, north and east facing terrain rarely suck, i.e., CB, A-Basin, Loveland, Highlands, Breck.

Lower elevation resorts like Vail, BC, and Steamboat can and often do suck.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I’m at the point where I don’t give a shit about conditions like I used to. Being out in the mountains is the best and we’re all lucky to have it. Especially on a day like today…bluebird, warm, views forever and smiles. I didn’t get snow shooting up into my face…oh well.

Yeah. And to be honest, the skiing today was actually pretty good. Those same things that make the CO snowpack so sketch also make it decent in low tide. Carveable chalk isn't that bad.

Whistler might be my favorite place in the world to ski, but it's either amazing or shitty, with nothing in between. CO might deserve some of the shit flung its way, but at least it rarely sucks.
    THIS…..recovering from my ACL last year, this years sort of been a blessing. I don’t need to be pushing it so I’ve skied a ton of groomers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

So….anything on the weather horizon to get semi-excited about?

Let's update this after tomorrow's Alabama game.

Maybe something in a week??

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Let's update this after tomorrow's Alabama game.
    what was I thinking? Of course.

I’m at the point where I don’t give a shit about conditions like I used to. Being out in the mountains is the best and we’re all lucky to have it. Especially on a day like today…bluebird, warm, views forever and smiles. I didn’t get snow shooting up into my face…oh well.
    After Christmas away from home, I'm ready for this. Happy New Year, peeps.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Having girls aged 5 and 8 who can now ski easy glades and any blue (and progressing to blacks soon) sure makes TGR-certified meh conditions a whole lot funner.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Having girls aged 5 and 8 who can now ski easy glades and any blue (and progressing to blacks soon) sure makes TGR-certified meh conditions a whole lot funner.
    Seriously. Skiing with my 7 year old this morning was right up there with the best powder days.

^^^ agree. Seeing the love of the mountains and skiing grow in kids is so exciting.

Michigan tied with Alabama. That's the whole shooting match riding on that fucking game.

I am not kidding. We get two tries for Bama to lose. Sooner the better.