Page 1624 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 ... LastLast
Results 40,576 to 40,600 of 41331
    If anyone is thinking about Berthoud today, I'm not sure you will have parking. Looks like the top lot is coned off. If anyone drives over, post an update. Gonna be deep again at Wanker.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

I'm headed over Berthoud (hopefully) this afternoon, skiing WP tmw.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think you will like it!

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Goddam is that busy for a Thursday.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Deep at Copper. Spaulding Bowl rope drop was ridiculous.

I’m fucking exhausted from this week.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 01-18-2024 at 03:33 PM.

Anyone know why Steamboat hasn't opened the new double blacks runs off the Mahogany Ridge terrain yet? Curious to see how it will ski now that terrain is in-bounds.

The hike out terrain has not been opened as of last weekend. The lift and everything under has. Mediocre at best imho, some glading would do wonders.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Saw a small slide go across the road on my way up to the basin. Deep day and not very many people. Pulled in at 10am and got a beach spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Saw a small slide go across the road on my way up to the basin. Deep day and not very many people. Pulled in at 10am and got a beach spot!
    You got someone who did an hour before work. I was there at 8:45 and had to grab a road bank spot, but it was near the ramp.

There was nobody there, I thought Sunday was good, but today was Legendary.

Straight blower.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Anyone know why Steamboat hasn't opened the new double blacks runs off the Mahogany Ridge terrain yet? Curious to see how it will ski now that terrain is in-bounds.
    Land grab for marketing purposes and to add to their 'how many runs do we have' count. It's not new terrain. All that terrain has been skied by locals safely and religiously for decades, was never closed, just exit through numerous gates with skull/crossbones and be on your merry way. Since the acquisition to 'in-bounds', they have done nothing and won't even talk about it. It's infuriating.

The blog on their shitty Ikon-rubber-stamped webpage says 'closed this week for avy control' which has been posted for over a month now. Haven't heard a single detonation, though I've been sick past 8 days. They bit off more than they can chew with this one and are too pussy to open it now for fear of all of Texas calling for SAR because kooks don't read signs, only follow tracks. But apparently control work will be a safety issue if there are winter hikers/snowshoers coming up from Fish Creek Falls TH. So I'm sure lawyers aren't letting them open it just yet.

They took away the one last thing that made the boat pretty sweet. This place is now good and fucked. All for the sake of saying 'SeCoNd LarGest skI ResorT in COlorAdo'. Fuck Dave Hunter. Fuck Alterra/Ikon/Ski Corp. The Mahog lift did not need to be built; you could access all of golf course by traversing over from Pony anyway. It filtered out the newbs for some usually worthy low-hanging fruit. Now it's tracked out like a whore who just got paid. What a fucking waste. Maybe they are waiting on more signage that people won't read. I'd rather them just put up BCA beeping signage. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Land grab for marketing purposes and to add to their 'how many runs do we have' count. It's not new terrain. All that terrain has been skied by locals safely and religiously for decades, was never closed, just exit through numerous gates with skull/crossbones and be on your merry way. Since the acquisition to 'in-bounds', they have done nothing and won't even talk about it. It's infuriating.

The blog on their shitty Ikon-rubber-stamped webpage says 'closed this week for avy control' which has been posted for over a month now. Haven't heard a single detonation, though I've been sick past 8 days. They bit off more than they can chew with this one and are too pussy to open it now for fear of all of Texas calling for SAR because kooks don't read signs, only follow tracks. But apparently control work will be a safety issue if there are winter hikers/snowshoers coming up from Fish Creek Falls TH. So I'm sure lawyers aren't letting them open it just yet.

They took away the one last thing that made the boat pretty sweet. This place is now good and fucked. All for the sake of saying 'SeCoNd LarGest skI ResorT in COlorAdo'. Fuck Dave Hunter. Fuck Alterra/Ikon/Ski Corp. The Mahog lift did not need to be built; you could access all of golf course by traversing over from Pony anyway. It filtered out the newbs for some usually worthy low-hanging fruit. Now it's tracked out like a whore who just got paid. What a fucking waste. Maybe they are waiting on more signage that people won't read. I'd rather them just put up BCA beeping signage. Who knows.
    On top of this, none of the tourists are gonna like the terrain. The one day I skied it this year there was fresh in the trees and bumps under the lift and everyone was under the lift, slipping down bumps. Bizarre.

Jax might disagree but the fun stuff requires a hike out, and like Jax said, it's been closed since day 1. So now you can't even go out a gate to it.

So yeah, a big load of shrug all around. But I'm wondering if the long term plan is to glade some of the stuff around liftline to make it more attractive to the masses. No idea.

Edit: they have seemed to have a gaggle of patrollers on top of Poly each time I've been there since Mahogany opened so I'm not sure it's a staffing issue.

Cant remember the last time I saw Vail/Alterra do something I thought improved their resort experience. It's always been about marketing. The suits dont care about traffic, parking, lines, cost, or terrain. The trail map is now 100% marketing and 0% informational.
    48hr high resolution weather model ensemble
    https://danskiweather.com/hres-dansemble

got in 2 hours at the basin this morning. so good, like the others had said.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    got in 2 hours at the basin this morning. so good, like the others had said.
    Let’s get this thread back on track, it was so fucking good today.

We need a mag meet up this season.

So fucking good today.

IDK, that was a high quality rant, I'm always down for those.

Well, Vail Mountain used to have wifi on gondola one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705629083.661866.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	483495

Skied Grouse today for the first time since 2022 since I missed last year with an injury. Was 7-8” of creamy dense goodness. Winds was still howling. It did clear up this afternoon and got warm. Even warmer the next few days. S facing stuff is gonna mank up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

CB was fantastic today.

Name:	IMG_0312.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	262.9 KB 
ID:	483496

IYKYK

Jax's rant is all time. 5 stars.

Sounds like the getting is good just about everywhere. I'm still a few weeks out from starting to ease back into skiing and have a mexico trip in the works so I'm guess it keeps snowing till I am back on sticks lol

Sun popped just as Reso Bowl was closing at Copper. The trees were stupid deep.

Name:	IMG_3656.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	483540

The last couple of days were as good as I can remember. Thanks to patrol, lifties and mountain ops. Those guys and galls have been busting ass with a great attitude. Knee deep plus in the trees with walk on lifts. Classic old school Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Let’s get this thread back on track, it was so fucking good today.

We need a mag meet up this season.
    Working on a date for a mini mag meetup over in the Monarch thread... but from what I hear Monarch sucks and you probably wouldn't like it.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Working on a date for a mini mag meetup over in the Monarch thread... but from what I hear Monarch sucks and you probably wouldn't like it.
    I’ll check it out, I really hate when I ski Monarch once or twice a year.