Page 325 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 41346
    Today was the first day that felt like I was riding the basin. So therapeutic to get a little soft snow under the feet. Here's to the beginning of the season, finally...

This just showed up a few minutes ago-

Posting it here too, check out the slab at 1:40

I'm finally going to allow myself to get excited. Today is warm and windy but tonight the NWS mentions snow rates greater than 3" an hour.....that is impressive for CO.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Skiing at Polar Star was pretty crappy. Unbelievable amount of facets in the backcountry. After this storm, its going to be a total shitshow out there...

Going to actually sit on the sidelines and let things shake out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Skiing at Polar Star was pretty crappy. Unbelievable amount of facets in the backcountry. After this storm, its going to be a total shitshow out there...

Going to actually sit on the sidelines and let things shake out.
    Good call. Thanks for taking one for the team. I encourage others to follow Rontele's lead and ride the bench tomorrow.

or ride the charirlifts to keep outta the BC and still get yer shred on!
    stay outta my line

oh my... radar looks tasty this morning!

puking in CB already, hope it keeps up all day.

Snowing hard in Eagle now. Big fat flakes! Bring it on!

steamboat has rain in the lower elevations and snow up top. temps dropping slowly

Left Breck around Noon. Winds were picking up and looked like snow was going to be there shortly. Still pretty thin, but still 100 times better than last week...
    go upside down.

4+ already and it's absolutely puking out, hell yea!

Not snowing in Dillon yet, but it has finally clouded over as of about 2 hours ago.

started snowing in Vail around 1....mostly light snow...hoping for the big stuff in a bit.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    4+ already and it's absolutely puking out, hell yea!
    Not even an hour later they cleared it with 5+ Still puking.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Not even an hour later they cleared it with 5+ Still puking.
    my wife was up on the mountain today and heard a few new runs tomorrow off of silver queen and maybe headwall next weekend depending on conditions

I was in the BMX lift line and saw a skier drop into Professor and first turn the entire face ripped. Skier was able to get off the slab and did not get slid. Stay safe out there!

snow has been light so far, and NOAA talks of a dry slot after the front passes. Hopefully this snow picks up in intensity and lasts all night.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    snow has been light so far, and NOAA talks of a dry slot after the front passes. Hopefully this snow picks up in intensity and lasts all night.
    light near town? it could be dumping near the upper mountain because of the air temps?

It's gonna be really hard to meet the big expectations from this weeks predictions of tonight's storm. Hoping there still enough moisture and a switch to NW flow gets it snowing harder again in Vail.

it is absolutely dumping in aspen right now, holy shitballs.

CAIC backed WAY off on their totals....only 4-6" now. I'll take 4-6 after the winter we've had. Seems like the storm is digging a little further south than thought so Aspen, CB, Monarch may be the big winners. I'll say Eagle County reports 6" in the morning.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

from CAIC:

Issued: 01/21/2012 12:55 PM by Scott Toepfer

Snowfall rolled into Telluride, Grand Mesa and Crested Butte around 10:30 to 10:45 this morning. Stronger winds are developing according to local zone observations, but not all areas are seeing these. The latest model run has decreased snowfall amounts for this afternoon and evening. The trough is showing signs of digging further south than models have indicated, which has been the pattern so far this winter. There is still ample moisture but the southwesterly flow looks to dominate more than west-southwest and west as I had originally thought.
    A cold front moves into Colorado about sunset which will bring a period of intense snowfall with strong southwest and west winds. This makes the tables below a bit tricky to fill out for snowfall amounts. At this time the stronger snowfall period looks to run from around 4 pm until 9 or 10 pm.
    Winds will ease a bit and back more northwest later Saturday night as the trough moves across with snowfall continuing over most of Colorado's mountains. Northwest winds increase in speed after midnight as a weak ridge builds to the west. This northwest flow will continue to fuel snowfall across the north and central zones as well as the north side of the San Juan Range into Sunday morning.
    Sunday snowfall associated with the northwest flow will ease, as do winds, a bit, Most anything will seem better after Saturday afternoons expected winds. Temperatures will be much cooler on Sunday. Some areas may struggle to escape single digits.
    The next storm looks to be arriving later on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTrees View Post
    It's gonna be really hard to meet the big expectations from this weeks predictions of tonight's storm. Hoping there still enough moisture and a switch to NW flow gets it snowing harder again in Vail.
    After this year it's hard for storms to not get over-hyped even more than normal, and like most, it'll probably fail to meet expectataions. But NOAA is saying winds to switch to NW about midnight, fingers crossed for big snow. Skiing tomorrow is going to be fun however it turns out.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Was dumping in Aspen so hopefully that's making its way to Summit/Eagle. Eastbound Vail Pass going up was a complete shitshow with a couple of unchained semis spinning their wheels and then later a dozen cars unable to get up the slope...including a prius and smart car...just amazes me