Page 1582 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 ... LastLast
Results 39,526 to 39,550 of 41325
    Not minding this rain at all. Are you finally getting some showers in the CB area goldenboy?

We got light rain for 5 or 6 minutes, woohoo. We are nearing record levels for our moondust base, we should be hitting triple figures by the time fall rolls around.

Aw man, John Fielder passed away. Such an amazing photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Aw man, John Fielder passed away. Such an amazing photographer.
    Agreed. If you've been to an awe inspiring place in Colorado, he's taken a photo of it. I feel his art in a big part of our culture in that way. His photo can do something for me that the phone snap shot can't.

That guy has seen more of CO than probably anyone if I had to guess. What a shame.

Fielder's Mountain Ranges of Colorado deserves a spot on your coffee table.
    He lived an amazing life.

RIP Mr Fielder. Been a fan for a long time.

Rode the Basin trails today and a few others down the road. Great CO mtb day. Damn I need more of that shit in my life.

The thing I really loved about Fielder's work is that he was old school, none of this heavy HD, super saturated, over-processed clown vomit seen at every art fair these days. Photography is literally the art of light, and Fielder harnessed it so lovingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

Rode the Basin trails today and a few others down the road. Great CO mtb day. Damn I need more of that shit in my life.
    Speaking of the Basin. My shop is sponsoring the Basin Burnout XC/Enduro (two types of timing) race wednesday night. Should be a blast and I'll be there with some free Rocky Mountain Element/Instinct demos to try out as well as with a small service station. Come on out mags!

Anyone done any riding around Stone Cellar campground in the Rio Grande forest? Been spending some time on COTREX. Shows some non motorized trails open to bikes. Profiles make them appear rideable. Thinking Bear creek to Deep creek and Saguache creek.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Fielder's Mountain Ranges of Colorado deserves a spot on your coffee table.
    He lived an amazing life.
    Ordered.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Anyone done any riding around Stone Cellar campground in the Rio Grande forest? Been spending some time on COTREX. Shows some non motorized trails open to bikes. Profiles make them appear rideable. Thinking Bear creek to Deep creek and Saguache creek.
    No, but please report back. It might be a lot like the rest of the Cochetopas- which I find fun but only the wierdos that like riding miles of babyheads like...

place sucks
    I wouldn't go there or post about it on the internet
    but if you see a pimp van and two drunk people acting like fuckwads from scummit county and an off leash dog spazing out this weekend be sure to ask for change

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    No, but please report back. It might be a lot like the rest of the Cochetopas- which I find fun but only the wierdos that like riding miles of babyheads like...
    I would also like to subscribe to this newsletter. I've ridden a different Deep Creek down that way, but not the one near Stone Cellar.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Just saw this, sounds like Gerry got some luck on the fall and amazing help from a team of rescuers
    https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ear-silverton/

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Just saw this, sounds like Gerry got some luck on the fall and amazing help from a team of rescuers
    https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ear-silverton/
    Can confirm that the Silverton SAR team is all time.

I was chatting with one of the folks on the team and they said that the injured mountaineer was potentially the most experienced mountaineer in Colorado... seeing it was Gerry confirmed that! No one in the country has the experience he has in these mountains. They worked hard to keep him in good condition overnight so he could get picked in the morning. It's been a crazy run down here this summer for those folks. We had another incident a few days earlier that required four separate helicopter transports.

I saw SAR's original post about rescuing a "79-yo experienced mountaineer" and thought who the fuck is out there climbing obscure peaks at 79? Then saw the article last night and.... well, Gerry Roach still doing it at 79 makes a lot more sense.

Dude is a living legend. His guidebooks are fantastic. Hope he heals up well!

I'm hopeful I can get off the couch at 79 if I'm still here, let alone being on "Peak 13,302" in the Juans. Glad he's OK enough and kudos to the SAR team. Edit - Smiley yes I suppose you can vouch firsthand! Hope you're healing up well too.

I love Gerry's knowledge but his language is equally enjoyable. He's on some obscure peak and yet "This summit sits between heaven and earth and will stir even the most hardened soul's primal instincts"

Colorado's Thirteeners is probably the most useful book I've ever purchased. Heal up G.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Loveland pass prices out. Season pass up to $649. 4pak up to $269.

Those 4 packs may have finally priced me out...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That should fund a few Ridge Bootlickers!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Those 4 packs may have finally priced me out...
    Same. That’s disappointing. Hard to justify on top of another megapass when so much terrain doesn’t get open for much of the season.

And the terrain that does is fucking blue run bliss...or completely white out vertigo

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Same. That’s disappointing. Hard to justify on top of another megapass when so much terrain doesn’t get open for much of the season.
    I have a lot of friends on loveland patrol who can't stand the way the director allows them to open terrain, literally the most conservative of any mountain for no reason.