Check Out Our Shop
Page 1615 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 ... LastLast
Results 40,351 to 40,375 of 41447
    Now I'm curious about these constantly-growing "expanders".
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Now I'm curious about these constantly-growing "expanders".
    You need to wire for a 240v compressor. Vail has a bunch. Gratso is the growth hormone.

And if you found 18" even in upper snag, I'm still calling bullshit. Hell, I'd be hitting pure rock in old man's with what we really got.

There are a lot of holes in swiss cheese. Hopefully Danno saved some energy to get laid in the wanker park.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Steamboat was insane today. Our group of 4 included 2 people who do over 50 days a year at Alta and we all agreed it was the best powder day we ever had.

24” showing at the upper snow stake. Deeper than that in many places. We straightlined untouched chutes, bopped through untouched trees, ripped open fields. Jesus it was so damn light and deep. Waist deep on out of the way lines. Moisture content was tiny.

I’ve skied countless powder days at the Boat. None of them were close to this.

And the snow lasted and lasted. Fuck, after about 11am there were ski-on lifts!!! People got tired or something. No idea.

Today was a lifetime day. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Steamboat was insane today. Our group of 4 included 2 people who do over 50 days a year at Alta and we all agreed it was the best powder day we ever had.

24” showing at the upper snow stake. Deeper than that in many places. We straightlined untouched chutes, bopped through untouched trees, ripped open fields. Jesus it was so damn light and deep. Waist deep on out of the way lines. Moisture content was tiny.

And the snow lasted and lasted. Fuck, after about 11am there were ski-on lifts!!! People got tired or something. No idea.

Sounds similar to February 20th, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    And if you found 18" even in upper snag, I'm still calling bullshit.
    It was def that in a few areas......presumably from no previous day traffic. The photo tells the story. 48 hour total is 14", so a few more inches in favorable spots isn't that crazy. I'm a terrible bullshitter, btw.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 01-06-2024 at 07:18 PM.
    Old's Cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0285.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	992.2 KB 
ID:	481855

Found some great turns in the far north Juans today. Finally.

Didn't even get there until 11, and agree. I was thinking it was some of the lightest deep snow I've skied, but was trying to temper my judgments because I don't get a lot of big powder days. But there were so many crazy deep spots, there was what I called "elevators" where I would ski into a big untouched pile and it would just lower me like an elevator. Just insane. Skied until 4.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You know you are asking for it, but since you gave me that Sequioa mat I am going to let that one slide. Haha
    Yeah I walked into that one, ha.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is Jax alive, or is she buried trying to get back to the hot springs?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I was there today as well. Everything you said is true. I grew up in Steamboat and have countless powder days there. Today was next level.

I've skied 24" before. I've skied sub 4% before. But never combined. You only get that low moisture around the solstice. But getting that much snow at that density is exceptional rare.
    A lot of people earn their turns. Some just get bigger checks.

Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Sounds similar to February 20th, 2012.
    Was that the record setting 24hr snowfall (at the time)? If so I day tripped for that one and won't forget it. Only get a handful of those, and the inbounds ones seem somehow more special these days now that things typically get blown out so quick.

This morning's snowstake at Copper is unreadable on the website. It's impossible to confirm or dispute the reported amount.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

skied the south ridge of uneva off vail pass yesterday with the wifey, been keeping it mellow since she's coming off a radial head replacement in her elbow. Probably should've stuck to the 100 turns area since it has had more skier traffic all together as we found deep snow on top of sugary facets so you'd sink real dang deep. Not quite steep enough in spots for that type of snow but it was still very fun.

Name:	IMG_3959.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	481926

Name:	IMG_3957.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	481927

^
    Nice!

Yesterday was filthy and outrageous. Initially wasn't going to go because it's TX week and a Saturday to boot but relented, glad I did. Def in the top 10 pow days for me at the boat. The movement of people has definitely changed with all the plebes going over to mahog ridge, lots of old school stashes stayed great longer in the day. This is the silver lining I was hoping for with the expansion.

Nice Jax! I agree that the way to navigate the mayhem is always changing, on both sides of the rope. Sounds like a pretty epic down. The snow has been better than it deserves to be around here given the season to date numbers.

Still waiting for a big one in Breck, but it skied great today. Soft everywhere and cold make nice.

Got some more directed laps on Pali yesterday, Fun trying to remember where all the rocks are from memory of 26 seasons of dodging them. Rock Garden is aptly named, but skied great. They opened Radical and Challenger at 2:30 and those were skiing quite nice too. Looks like some decent snowfall coming this week, should help get some stuff open hopefully.

Get ready! Its on! This storm is gonna chew 'em up and split 'em out.

Pro tip: leave now

Update: It is fucking cold out.

Peak 6 opened a couple hours ago. Fun creamy snow but only flatter terrain open. yup, it's frigid out but love seeing a cold forecast for a while, finally feels like mid winter!

Latest Euro from tomorrow night thru Monday is bonkers……get ready for mass chaos if it only half verifies. Also- COLD …..legit COLD

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Latest Euro from tomorrow night thru Monday is bonkers……
    Name:  fuck-yeah-5c89aa.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  185.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Latest Euro from tomorrow night thru Monday is bonkers……get ready for mass chaos if it only half verifies. Also- COLD …..legit COLD

I think the models are getting a little ahead of themselves since the cold is pretty much a guarantee... but we'll see. As you said if even half verifies the whole state is in for a killer week.

ROLL TIDE ROLL