Partnering with clean energy suppliers, a ski resort in Australia has announced that they have successfully transitioned all of their major operations to run entirely off renewable energies. Demonstrating its feasibility, and paving the way for further environmental action by ski resorts worldwide, the transition to renewable energies is just one of many sustainability initiatives the resort has implemented.
- Offsetting the entirety of carbon emissions produced by their groomer and company vehicle fleet.
- Adding an optional 4 dollar add-on to lift ticket purchases that plants a tree nearby to offset the energy expenditure from running lifts.
- Partnering with Protect Our Winters (POW) to spread awareness of environmental issues and what can be done about them.
- Removing all single use plastic bags from Thredbo outlets and replacing them with biodegradable alternatives.
- Implementing flow restrictors on water sources throughout the resort that prevent wasteful use and preserve water .
- Installing LED light fixtures wherever possible to save energy.