• Core and Flex Pattern:Use: Powder: 50%, Park: 50% // Triaxial braiding in the core consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. The patented machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. This unique method produces skis with great torsional strength, while maintaining the lively flex patterns of the wood core.
• Construction:The new Twin Tip Specific construction of TwinTech increases the durability of sidewall skis. A traditional sidewall construction produces a 90 degree angle where the top material and sidewall meet. The Twin Tech construction actually rolls the top material into the sidewall reducing the angle that is prone to abuse. K2 uses ABS sidewalls because of the dense characteristics and impact toughness that not only aid in the direct transmission of power but also make it very durable and resistant to moisture.
• Shape:The Bi-Directional Taper tip is still wider but closer in width to the tail. This lets the ski perform exceptionally well while skiing in the forward direction but the taper enables the skier to have similar switch arc for better and more consistent switch riding. Unlike other categories in the K2 line, the twin tips are designed to perform both forward and switch // All Terrain Rocker – 70% Camber, 30% Rocker. Features an elevated tip for variable and soft-snow performance and camber underfoot for power, energy and edge-hold in firmer conditions
• Binding Compatibility:Flat or the Griffon SchozoFrantic // The K2 SchizoFrantic inserts allow for super-fast mounting of the new K2/marker Griffon SchizoFrantic binding system without the need for drilling. Additionally, the increased surface area of the insert rings provides 67% the pullout strength of standard binding screws // Requires a wide brake binding with brake width between 102mm and 110mm
• Tip Width (mm):133
• Waist Width (mm):102
• Tail Width (mm):127
• Ability Level:Intermediate - Advanced
• Core Material:Aspen/Paulownia
• Rocker Type:Rocker/Camber
• Tail Type:Partial Twin Tip
• Turning Radius:19m@ 179cm
While most 16-year-olds were up to God know’s what last summer, Parkin Costain, the winner of TGR’s 2015 Grom Comp, was nine-to-fiveing for his dad, who builds bike parks at ski areas. He needed to come up with the money for something that would help develop him into a pro skier. That something: a snowmobile. Enter the 2017 TGR Grom Contest Parkin pounds the backcountry on his snowmobile probably more than you brush your teeth. He’s homeschooled (but not weird), and invests his time
The first major snowstorm of 2017 has slammed into central Chile bringing an early Mother's Day gift to Valle Nevado, Arpa Snow Cats, El Colorado, La Parva and Portillo resorts. With over two feet from the May storm and another expected to hit on Wednesday, Chile's main ski areas could begin to open for the season several weeks ahead of schedule, as early as late May. Ski season in South America generally operates mid-June to October. We have collected a series of photos from the
The Ski Utah Wild Women of the Wasatch find happiness in the moments of synergy between the earth, our bodies and minds, that face shot of powder floating light as a bird across the snow. The deep belly laughs bubbling out when our girlfriend cracks a joke at the goofy outfit we put on, just because. It’s the chill that runs up our spine when the mountain breeze meets the sweat from hiking up the peak. It’s that sweet, sweet rush of pointing ‘em straight down the mountain, and when it comes