• Core and Flex Pattern:Use: Powder: 50%, Park: 50% // Triaxial braiding in the core consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. The patented machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. This unique method produces skis with great torsional strength, while maintaining the lively flex patterns of the wood core.
• Construction:The new Twin Tip Specific construction of TwinTech increases the durability of sidewall skis. A traditional sidewall construction produces a 90 degree angle where the top material and sidewall meet. The Twin Tech construction actually rolls the top material into the sidewall reducing the angle that is prone to abuse. K2 uses ABS sidewalls because of the dense characteristics and impact toughness that not only aid in the direct transmission of power but also make it very durable and resistant to moisture.
• Shape:The Bi-Directional Taper tip is still wider but closer in width to the tail. This lets the ski perform exceptionally well while skiing in the forward direction but the taper enables the skier to have similar switch arc for better and more consistent switch riding. Unlike other categories in the K2 line, the twin tips are designed to perform both forward and switch // All Terrain Rocker – 70% Camber, 30% Rocker. Features an elevated tip for variable and soft-snow performance and camber underfoot for power, energy and edge-hold in firmer conditions
• Binding Compatibility:Flat or the Griffon SchozoFrantic // The K2 SchizoFrantic inserts allow for super-fast mounting of the new K2/marker Griffon SchizoFrantic binding system without the need for drilling. Additionally, the increased surface area of the insert rings provides 67% the pullout strength of standard binding screws // Requires a wide brake binding with brake width between 102mm and 110mm
• Tip Width (mm):133
• Waist Width (mm):102
• Tail Width (mm):127
• Ability Level:Intermediate - Advanced
• Core Material:Aspen/Paulownia
• Rocker Type:Rocker/Camber
• Tail Type:Partial Twin Tip
• Turning Radius:19m@ 179cm
Well, ladies and gentlemen here it is, demanded by the public at large, the official soundtrack for our new film . About a week ago we premiered to a sold-out crowd in Walk Festival Hall at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Now the film is headed out on the road across the country and the world. Be sure to check out our full tour schedule here and be sure to check back frequently as new shows are added daily. Buy Tour Tickets here. Film Synopsis:
This post originally appeared on Powderchasers.com. 23 inches has fallen at Timberline Lodge in Oregon in the past few days! It's snowing in the Cascades currently and today is opening day for Arapahoe Basin In Colorado. The extended forecast while warm early next week looks cold and deep in the 7 day period. There is a lot going on for mid-October! The Pacific Northwest has seen significant snowfall in most of the Oregon Cascades where less has fallen further north in Washington. A
In case you missed it, this weekend marked the beginning of winter for the northern Rockies. We know it’s only September, but Montana, Wyoming, and even parts of Colorado were blessed with some pretty significant snowfall. Some of us just couldn’t resist the itch, and dusted off our skis and boots to take them out for their first walks of the season. Well, we all know that with early season skiing comes some serious spraying, so here are a handful of the best captures we found on the ol’