Sign In:

×

Last Step!

Please enter your public display name and a secure password.

Plan to post in the forums? Change your default forum handle here!

×
×

Bear Spray Accidentally Discharges in Amazon Warehouse

The last thing you want is to get Bear Spray in your eyes and mouth like these poor Amazon workers. NPS Photo.

Just when we thought the mother who bear sprayed her children was the worst bear spray incident we’ve heard yet, this recent fiasco at a New Jersey Amazon warehouse might take the cake. About three hours ago, a can was accidentally knocked off a shelf, which caused a full discharge of the sickening fumes in the Robbinsville Amazon Fulfillment Center. The fumes were so potent that it forced the evacuation of an entire wing of the 1.3-million-square-foot facility.

RELATED: The “Swisshap” is most Terrifying Thing You’ve Seen in A While

According to NBC Philadelphia, 80 employees are feeling ill from the fumes and 20 have rushed to a hospital after having trouble breathing. Thankfully, aside from burning eyes and lungs from the cloud of Capsicum, no serious injuries have been reported. 

If there's anything to take away from this, it's that bear spray is nothing to mess around with. Here are a few safety tips from the  NPS.

Play
READ THE STORY
CDOT Warns Hikers About Un-Exploded Avalanche Charges
Up Next News

CDOT Warns Hikers About Un-Exploded Avalanche Charges

CDOT Warns Hikers About Un-Exploded Avalanche Charges

With an unprecedentedly snowy winter in Colorado, avalanche mitigation was more essential than ever to keep Coloradan skiers/snowboarders, drivers, and residents safe. According to KDVR, CDOT used 1,500 ordinances this winter and were forced to mitigate zones they haven't touched in decades. However, there is growing concern around the devices that failed to detonate and were labeled as “duds”. RELATED: Aspen City Councilman Allegedly Stole Rental Gear Worth $2.4 Million Approximately 22 of

Play
READ THE STORY
Mother Suing Waco BSR Surf Resort After Son’s Death
Up Next News

Mother Suing Waco BSR Surf Resort After Son’s Death

Mother Suing Waco BSR Surf Resort After Son’s Death

Last fall 29-year-old Fabrizio Stablie contracted an extremely rare brain-eating amoeba known as Naegleria Fowleri. Stablie died from the disease, and an investigation was launched shortly after by the Centers for Disease Control to determine the source of the bug. CDC concluded in a report that the young surfer likely contracted the disease after visiting the BSR Cable Park and Surf Resort in Waco, Texas. According to KWTX News, the team tested the waters and found samples of Naegleria

Play
READ THE STORY
Outdoor Community Remembers Lama, Roskelley, and Auer
Up Next News

Outdoor Community Remembers Lama, Roskelley, and Auer

Outdoor Community Remembers Lama, Roskelley, and Auer

The three climbers atop Howse Peak in a photo recovered from Roskelley's cellphone. Last week the outdoor community was shocked to learn of the untimely deaths of alpinists David Lama, Jess Roskelley, and Hansjörg Auer. The trio were struck by a size 3 avalanche while climbing in the Canadian Rockies. Their bodies have since been recovered, and their cellphone photos indicate that they had reached the summit of Howse Peak via the M16 route before the avalanche. Since news of their