Camping is an absolute adventure and it is your opportunity to get away from the stress full work schedules. For those who are in a habit of working at the last minute packing for the same can be a hard task. This holds especially true for those individuals who are going to film their entire backcountry trip. To help we give you a list of 5 Items you absolutely need for a Successful Backcountry Filmmaking Experience.
1. A backpack- It goes without saying that your video camera and other gear would need adequate protection all throughout the trip. When you visit a store to finalize your pick do make sure to take a few items along so that you can have a fair idea of its capacity. Though the traditional packs offer customization options it is best you take a backpack which has separate storage space for camera, lenses and other gear.
2. Belt system or harness-There are certain items that you would have to carry alongside all the time. However, if you are not careful you might lose an important item. In such a situation use a harness or belt to just add items which are absolutely necessary. Those ways you would not have to trudge around the entire stuff in your backpack at all the time.
3. Correct lenses-Lenses are an important part of your gear list. But, the truth is that you cannot just move around with your whole collection. So before leaving just examine the kind of shooting you plan to do and the lenses that would be needed for it.
4. Stabilizer- When you are out in the field you would want your camera to be still so that the pictures do not end up being hazy and shaky. You can purchase an in body stabilizer. Apart from that, you could also purchase a 3 axis gimbal to provide a sense of stability to your camera. However, if budget is a constraint you could also add items from your backpacks like jackets, clothes and sleeping pads to keep the items protected.
5. Power and media storage- It is a given fact that in the outdoors it would be difficult to keep your electronics item charged at all times. Either you take advantage of a solar power system to do for you or keep a stack of portable batteries and chargers. With regards to media storage either you pack extra media cards to take care of that. Or you could keep saving the same on your laptop and then move on to delete them from your camera.
For maximum enjoyment, on your field trip, it is crucial that you pack your things in advance. If you have a problem purchasing the required gear you can always rent it out from a reputed audio visual company. They have all the necessary items that you might need and there simple terms and conditions ensure that your dirty work is minimized. So get on to explore the world and don’t let any limits bind you.
MOUNTAIN TOWN, USA — Epic Mountain Resort’s newly opened Base-to-Peak® Epic Magic Carpet® suffered a severe backlash in its opening week with a large plurality of locals condemning the lift system as “total bullshit” and “a complete waste of money, time and hours on the hill.” The magic carpet takes the place of the ski area’s 57-year-old beloved tram, Trammy McTramface, which was recently decommissioned and repurposed for scrap metal to be used in building out Epic Mountain Resort’s booming
“Duck!” my partner, Ben, told me as he tightened the rope that connected us. I buried my head into my chest as a waterfall of heavy, cold snow cascaded around me. It collected everywhere there was space: in between my sunglasses, down my jacket, and in my helmet. "Is this what a river rock feels like as water flows undisturbed by its presence?” I thought to myself as I waited for it to end.My existence on this wall of ice on the final pitch of the Chevy Couloir on the Grand Teton was
Taking toxic chemicals out of tent fabrics is just one way the outdoor industry is addressing sustainability. Mountain Hardwear photo. In a 2016 study, Duke University researchers found that most commercially-available recreational tents were covered in chemicals hazardous to human health. What started off years ago as an initiative to make tents safer by coating them in flame-retardant chemicals to prevent fiery accidents, ended up creating sleeping spaces covered in toxic substances.