Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mntlion's SAC (few days only sale)

So I'm leaving on a month long road trip on monday, so as of sept 11th this thread is out of date. Gear will be in the mail that AM and usually take 2 weeks to most of the states and within Canada.

guest pack, 30ish liter (less ABS stuff) retail is $800
    maggot deal: $350 shipped.

info from the site is:

* 915 cubic inches (15 liters)
    * Weight: 5.7 lbs (2585 grams)
    * Color: Black/Gray
    * Price: $789.95

Like this only black/gray not yellow

the packs come with an extra cartridge and T handle, (worth $75 more) and are like new.

you can get the cartrige refilled for $75

more info at:
    http://www.avalanchetools.com/abs.htm
    guide ones might happen later, but I doubt it.

Ortovox M1 beacons, Just tested in Germany, work great, come with case, straps, new batterie gates, blue vintage (1-2 years old?) etc. $225 shipped

Volkl CMH explosives singles for $100, 165, 173, 180 and 190 I have a few topsheets availible, let me know and I'll try to match it to yours. all drilled once, great shape, shipping $35

bent explosives, pairs for $100, odds are you can get them straightened, but they will most likely rebend soon. Might be good for spatula projects? The bends range from 2cm to over 15cm, and from just behind the tip, to near the toe. I'll try to match the "pairs" as close as I can. Shipping $40.

ski prices are plus the shipping, M1's and ABS packs include shipping. Prices are in US funds, I have lots of beacons and packs, first paid = best condition product. paypal is really the only way this will work as I'm leaving so soon.
    daveandb@telusplanet.net
    and please include your MAILING address and what you are paying for

Is it too much in this world of wild promiscuity to ask for one straight pair?

Oh the humanity.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

dibs on the ortovox, pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya
    dibs on the ortovox, pm sent

I have a few, no dibs needed (or taken, first with cash wins )

Do you have two 190 singles with the same topsheets (just unmatched serial #s)? I'd like a straight pair of 190s shipped for $240.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste
    Do you have two 190 singles with the same topsheets (just unmatched serial #s)? I'd like a straight pair of 190s shipped for $240.

nope,

bent pairs for $100

straight singles for $100

pairs to come later for $300

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste
    This is someone's cue to buy a mismatched pair, and do the woodgrain topsheet experiment I was thinking of a few months ago...

(hint: shelf contact paper, aerosol adhesive, clearcoat spray paint....)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    This is someone's cue to buy a mismatched pair, and do the woodgrain topsheet experiment I was thinking of a few months ago...

(hint: shelf contact paper, aerosol adhesive, clearcoat spray paint....)

I've done it with checkerboard shelfpaper.

Gets worn off from edges at the tail but works fine.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion
    guest pack, 30ish liter (less ABS stuff) retail is $800
    maggot deal: $350 shipped.

info from the site is:

* 915 cubic inches (15 liters)
    * Weight: 5.7 lbs (2585 grams)
    * Color: Black/Gray
    * Price: $789.95
    You've got some conflicting information there mntlion. Do you have the 30L pack (which is what the picture is of, e.g. the same as this one) or the 15L (which is different and which has no compression straps across the back)? I'm guessing the former so you might like to edit those stats.

And PM sent.

What kind of pack is that for $800? Seems like an insane amount to pay for a pack to me!?!?

I think the link below it was so that you can read for yourself

but I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    You've got some conflicting information there mntlion. Do you have the 30L pack (which is what the picture is of, e.g. the same as this one) or the 15L (which is different and which has no compression straps across the back)? I'm guessing the former so you might like to edit those stats.

And PM sent.
    could be smokin crack here, but it sounds like he is selling the 15L pack that the guests use when they go heli-sking.
    My second guess is that the packs volume without the bags and canister is actually closer to 30L.
    At least thats how i read what he typed.

^ Yeah, but in an earlier thread he said he'd have 30L and 45L so I'm hoping the one he's offering is the bigger one of the two links I posted. Compression straps (for ski carrying) and enough room for shovel, probe, skins, trekkers, water, food, spare clothes, etc in the 30L is a necessity for me to get one. The 15L wouldn't meet my needs.

I have the pack that is shown,

15 vs 30 liter.

It is marked 15 liter but I think that is the leftover room after the ABS stuff is added in. Without that stuff it would be 30ish liter.

they have ski holders (on the back, not the sides)
    if you can pack small should be room for "room for shovel, probe, skins, trekkers, water, food, spare clothes, etc"

room for sure for all but trekkers.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels
    I think the link below it was so that you can read for yourself

but I could be wrong

I had actually read that before posting. $800 is ridiculous, imho.

but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by srozing
    What kind of pack is that for $800? Seems like an insane amount to pay for a pack to me!?!?
    Umm... an ABS pack, what with the balloons and all? do you have a cheaper source? do share.

edit - if you're seriously asking what kind of pack it is, then read the link in mntlion's post.
    Last edited by davep; 09-06-2006 at 09:38 PM.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by srozing
    I had actually read that before posting. $800 is ridiculous, imho.

but I could be wrong.
    $800 ridiculous?

How much did you have in mind (otherwise) to cover your lost skis and gear, medevac, 3 weeks in ICU, and then eventually funeral costs?

Kind of a bargain, I.M.MF.H.O.

I like the part in the link for the ABS pack that describes how it can be used "over and over". I don't know about the rest of you, but if I'm caught in slides numbering something way less than "over and over", I'm going to start taking it personally, and thinking the Big Guy has some plans for me that I may not agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL
    Kind of a bargain
    Indeed.

~2% mortality rate vs. ~20% mortality rate for $800
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by mday
    I like the part in the link for the ABS pack that describes how it can be used "over and over". I don't know about the rest of you, but if I'm caught in slides numbering something way less than "over and over", I'm going to start taking it personally, and thinking the Big Guy has some plans for me that I may not agree with.
    Maybe it'll just hold its resale value so you can sell it after you've taken one too many rides and decided to take up golf instead.

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog
    Maybe it'll just hold its resale value so you can sell it after you've taken one too many rides and decided to take up golf instead.
    Some of the rides would have to include some pretty severe blunt force trauma sans helmet before golf is going to seem like a worthwhile alternative. Besides, if you're on the short list for some divine power's wrath, golf's still way to dangerous (errant balls from all those chronically bad golfers, too much metal in a thunderstorm, the list is nearly endless).

In seriousness, if I think I could fit all my gear in a pack this small, this seems like a killer deal (no pun intended). My current pack is 1300 cu in, and I barely fit an extra layer, shovel, probe and lunch in it, let alone a Jetboil or some of the other gear I was thinking of starting to bring along. The torture of being gear whore...

I just packed it with skins, 1liter nalgine, shovel, extra layer, over mitts, probe, snow saw, ans still have a bit of room left over. the pack is about 20" tall by 12" wide by 8 deep.

not enought room for overnight but fine for most day tours (non glacier)

does that help?

Paypal sent on an ABS pack. Thanks man.

how many of the ABS packs do you have?
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

i want that beacon but i cant pay you until you get back MTlion the accountant is in Japan.