Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up D-Town Breakfast!

Okay, I had to laugh, more than usual at this one:
    Planned communities are the Galapagos Islands of the retail world -- a protected environment where the dim, the flawed and the strange can flourish without predation, safe from the market forces that might otherwise cripple and kill them. Such artificial survivability pollutes the gene pool, and that's never a good thing.
    Unless, of course, you are one of those operations existing within the cordon. Then it's the greatest thing in the world. If you're a sea turtle or some kind of freak-ass flying monkey-lizard, then the Galapagos are exactly where you want to be. They're freak-ass flying monkey-lizard nirvana.
    Westword's eatery snob is really great at his job and this is some funny shit (from this week's featured review) but what today's point is really about...dun da da dun!... D-town getting it's own Lucile's. Lucile's is now my favorite of the boulder brekky places and easily rates the #2 all time position for B-town brekky eating and until now, the Big D (and I don't mean Dallass) didn't really have much in the way of competition with even the sorriest of Boulder breakfasts (to wit: Dot's Awful Wretched Cancerlike VI Cum Wafflehouse Cum IHOP Diner*).

Since I've lived in Denver there's been at least 3 and maybe 5 restaurants in the location next to Chipotle @ Logan/Alameda but Lucile's at least last Sunday AM looks like they might pull it off between just being a good place to eat and all us yuppie assholes who went to school in boulder but now can't be bothered to head up there because let's face it we ain't yet made it to being pure d- yuppie boulder fucks.

* Apologies to the Dot-o-philes here but between the not outstanding food and the destruction** two far better establishments earn them the distinction of being on my full-on hate list

** admittedly, both were gone/going anyway but that doesn't alleviate any of the distaste
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    far better establishments
    Rocky Mountain Joe's?

I still cry when I walk past the kite store.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Nope, Mother's and Joe's Spoon
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

What the hell?
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Hi Squawkman.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Stop it, Squawman.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Stop it, Squawman.

I'M DONE WITH SQUAWKFAG, HE'S NO FUN

YOU LIKE ME, SO HERE I AM

HOW'S 6 MONTHS OF THIS SOUND? LIKE FUN TO YOU?

WHEN IT'S AIMED AT YOU ON EVERY THREAD, 24 HRS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK, IT ONLY GETS FUNNIER, RIGHT?

Last edited by O G R E; 12-15-2005 at 10:19 AM.

Lucile's is the shit. I loved that place and hit it every time we spent the night in Boulder for a show at the Fox. Their homemade Beignet's were ungodly good.

I guess Mother's and Joe's Spoon were before my time.

RMJ's has to get a mention somewhere in the annals of Boulder Breakfast Superlatives, though.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Lucile's is also one of my favorite restaurants in the country and the grand dame of all things breakfast. Is the one in Denver homey like the boulder location?
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    (Cum Wafflehouse).
    I'll take "unsuccessful business ideas" for $600, Alex.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio
    I guess Mother's and Joe's Spoon were before my time.

RMJ's has to get a mention somewhere in the annals of Boulder Breakfast Superlatives, though.

I WON'T BE IGNORED!!!!! SQUAWKFAG TRIED TO IGNORE ME, BUT I WOULDN'T STOP

AND YOU ALL SAID I WAS FUNNY, SO I FED OFF IT

SO HERE I AM

ANOTHER NICE THREAD RUINED BY A MORON

BUT IT'S FUNNY, NO???????

Quote Originally Posted by O G R E
    I'm Freaking Out, Man!!!
    I've never actually watched someone have a nervous breakdown on the internet before, it's kind of interesting.

The ignore function has always made SquawMan a little more tolerable. Now it's even better.

Anyway, was Joe's Spoon on 28th? I think I did eat there.

edit: but only if you don't quote him, Ice.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

O G R E Guest
    I've never actually watched someone have a nervous breakdown on the internet before, it's kind of interesting.

IT'S REALLY FUN IN ALL TRUTH, I CAN SEE WHY I LIKED IT SO MUCH FOR 6 MONTHS

JUST THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS I WON'T DO THIS ON EVERY THREAD YOU CREATE

THAT HONOR IS RESERVED FOR SOME OTHER NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!!

(GO SEE THE SURF FORUM)
    Last edited by O G R E; 12-15-2005 at 10:29 AM.

Agreed. But not interesting enough. Given that it's obviously Squawman, there's really nowhere for this to go or develop; hence, the rarely-employed "ignore user" nuclear option will be employed.

edit: ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio

edit: but only if you don't quote him, Ice.
    That wasn't a quote, Cornhole, I put some words in his mouth.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas
    Agreed. But not interesting enough. Given that it's obviously Squawman, there's really nowhere for this to go or develop; hence, the rarely-employed "ignore user" nuclear option will be employed.

NEEEEEERD ASS LAWYER!!!!!!! GUESS AGAIN EAST COASTER ICE SKATER!.......CLUES FOR $300, ALEX?

NOW READ ME MY RIGHTS STEVEN.S.PHALLUS!!!

ANYBODY HAVING FUN YET OTHER THAN ME????
    Last edited by O G R E; 12-15-2005 at 12:15 PM.

Ahhh.... an eye-soothing expanse of blue.

"This message is hidden because O G R E is on your ignore list. "

Wow, I just used the ignore function for the first time on SquawkMan's terrible alias.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas
    Ahhh.... an eye-soothing expanse of blue.

COME ON, YOU VOTED FOR ME, STOP BEING A WHINY ASS NERD!!!!!!

Ooops, my finger slipped and put O G R E on the ignore list and he just fucking disappeared! Burly functionality ONS! Funny that squawk's alias is the only one on mine. The best part is that in the four posts he's made since I did it, there's been quite literally zero temptation to peek. Sweet.

Cornhole- RMJ's the place upstairs on the Mall? It was okay, nothing like Mother's though. Joe's was on 28th (I think) in sort of a strip mall, it wasn't a great place as food goes just solid blue collar breakfast and lunch but it was real blue collar food in a town almost completely devoid of such a thing.

Mother's was on the hill right next to the laundromat and is the standard by which all breakfast joints shall forever be judged. Unpretentious food just done REALLY well. Tiny, smoky with surly waitstaff, I ate there nearly every day for a couple of years. It was the first of many places that I've acheived regular status at and make it my practice to cultivate those relationships as possible because sometimes the finest thing in life is to roll in on a busy saturday morning with a 45 minute wait and have the hot/slutty waitress pick up the server's spot at the counter to seat you.

Ice also get's an exemption for misquoting squawk.

Dblatto - No, the denver one is a much more traditional restaurant space. It has some homey touches but...
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by homerjay
    Wow, I just used the ignore function for the first time on SquawkMan's terrible alias.

NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERDDD!!!!! IT'S AN EASY ALIAS, ALL I DO IS CUT AND PASTE THE SAME DUMB LINES

ONLY NERDS CAN'T TAKE IT, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!

EVEN SQUAWKFAG TOLERATED IT FOR 6 MONTHS WHILE I LAMBASTED HIM, THIS IS ONLY ONE DAY, ON ONE THREAD

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT HIM AND WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT YOU? QUITTERS!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST BE A WHINY NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!!

In all honesty - I'm as equally amused by O G R E as I am by OGRE.

Touche`.

.....or is that Douche`?
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca