Left Denver early and chased the full moon to the divide

No traffic, made good time, parked at the beach by 8:15. I couldn't help but break into a sly smile as I knocked off 3 month old dirt and recalled the last run (so much for year round skiing)

The first couple of runs were great. You could really open it up with little on-hill traffic, freshly groomed smoothness, no sharks to bite our bases and quick lift lines.

Sun rays broke over the lightly sugared East Wall around 9am. The day warmed, the snow softened up nicely and parking lots started to fill out.

Bikini weather

FORTITUDE SKI DEMO

Nick, founder of Fortitude Skis, shows off his first lift-tested skis.

Putting em on edge

Prototype testing

2 different skis were tested, stiff and not so stiff, same dimensions.
140/115/130. 185 cm. Tradional camber.

Lots of surface area but surprisingly light and quick edge to edge. Super solid, ultra stable but it's obvious these sticks have a higher calling than the WROD groomer and gaper gates. The real top sheet graphics look sweet and should be pretty fresh. Can't wait to try them in real conditions!

Turning radius=??? but I think they prefer to run straight downhill. All wood cores give them a uniform flex but also forgives

One of the lift line comments I got, "What kind of Volkl's are those?" (goats= 140/110/130, I think)

Lines were getting ridiculous, runs getting more crowded and I had to split for work. Good times with great friends and even an experimental ski experience! Gotta love the Wintery Run of Delight and not having to hike for turns!