Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Denver Mags:good restrauant recomendations

I'll be taking a last minute trip for Thanksgiving to visit my brother-in-law.

We're mostly going to shop at the malls- Park Meadows (???) & Cherry Creek (been there).

We'll be taking them out to a nicer place for dinner on Fri or Sat and I'm looking for a place that I'll enjoy. We don't see them too much, but I have a feeling that a "nicer place" for them is Outback, so I'd like to have some reservations lined up.

1) Preferably somewhere I can take some well behaved kids (they've eaten in most of the nicer places here in town and are well behaved at swanky places).

2) Nice steak

3) Nice steak

4) Nice st... well you get the picture.

Thanks

Actually a nice Italian place would be fine and we're staying near Park Meadows Mall.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Table 6 on 6th and Corona is my recommondation

Del Frisco's

I've been to a lot of these and they are all good. I like the Chop House but all of them are good.

http://www.10best.com/Denver/Restaur...ses/index.html
    Last edited by jpcski; 11-18-2007 at 10:20 PM.

I've been to a lot of these and they are all good. I like the Chop House but all of them are good.

http://www.10best.com/Denver/Restaur...ses/index.html

Don't knock Outback. I like that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Del Frisco's
    Yep that place is a pretty good place for steaks. I went to the Del Friscos in Dallas. They made it pretty clear that I wasn't going to be eating there with my hat on -- still had awesome steak though. I recommend the $10K bottle of wine to go with your dinner.

Be sure to ask how much the special is if they are having one before you order it (unless you want to blow lots of money). We asked and it just happened to be $135 for the plate that day.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 11-18-2007 at 07:34 PM.

I wasn't knocking outback

I was just saying I didn't want to eat there
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Casa Bonita
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Del Frisco's can't be beat and is roughly in between Park Meadows and Cherry Creek. Though in the Tech Center, you'll be in the burbs...

Cherry Creek Grill at 1st and Steele is $$$. It used to be a Houston's restaurant, but now they are on their own. Good atmosphere (cougar central), great food (get the enchilada and steak dinner), pricey, but good service and a better "location" than Del Frisco's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Truman Capote would recommend Bastien's

For meat, goto Chinook Tavern in cherry creek.
    Its a german inspired restaurant, but ive honestly had some of the best "steaks" there in my life.

not really beef steaks, but things like venison.and lamb.
    great wine list too.

on the weekends they generally have some one playing classical guitar and if its still warm out, which it probably will be, they should still have their lower patio open.

if ya go, the mouco colo rouge (sp?) appetizer kicksass.

In downtown Denver, my favorite is Capitol Grille for steaks and Venice for italian.

Steak: Capital Grille. End of discussion!

Italian: NEW Restaurant. Shells and Sauce on 12th and Elizabeth.

Modern Italian: NoRTH in Cherry Creek.
    Last edited by Below Zero; 11-18-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by coloskier View Post
    In downtown Denver, my favorite is Capitol Grille for steaks and Venice for italian.
    yep! snap. I brought some girl there once that was all "we can have sex for a long time" type of goodie goodie. panties hit the ground that night.

All of the aforementioned places are great, but not very near Park Meadows, if that's where you will want to be.

What about Maggiano's for good Italian (definitely a few steps up from Outback and only like a mile from Park Meadows)? There's Flemming's steakhouse there as well.
    washu feeze drive me to firenze?

Rodigio(sp) downtown next to union station. Brazillian style= skewers of really good meats are brought around to your table. The four food groups are covered: Steak, chicken, pork, lamb... also the salad bar is great too. Not too fancy for the kids either.

If you want the good stuff for steak, look no further than, morton's steak house. I don't know where the one in denver is but I have eaten at some others around the states and have nothing but good things to say except the prices are pretty high.

I heard that "Elways" in cherry creek wasn't bad but that was from a chick (unreliable source)

Mizuna or the Lancer Lounge
    theyre pretty comprable

I've always liked Carmine's on Penn. Don't eat too many rolls or you will spoil your dinner. Try grappa when you are stuffed to the point of busting a gut at the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    Steak: Capital Grille. End of discussion!

Italian: NEW Restaurant. Shells and Sauce on 12th and Elizabeth.

Modern Italian: NoRTH in Cherry Creek.
    Have you been to Shells and Sauce? It's 3 blocks from my house so I've been 4-5 times - it's not particularly good and the only reason I've been back is that it's local (however I've been out of the country for several months; maybe it's improved since I left).

For Italian, I'd go to Barolo Grill or Luca D'Italia. Piatti in Cherry Creek, even though it's a chain, is very good and is wonderful for children - children's menu and crayons to draw on the paper-covered tables.

Quote Originally Posted by MCLC View Post
    Have you been to Shells and Sauce? It's 3 blocks from my house so I've been 4-5 times - it's not particularly good and the only reason I've been back is that it's local (however I've been out of the country for several months; maybe it's improved since I left).

For Italian, I'd go to Barolo Grill or Luca D'Italia. Piatti in Cherry Creek, even though it's a chain, is very good and is wonderful for children - children's menu and crayons to draw on the paper-covered tables.
    You must live close to my in-laws. I share your sentiments regarding shells and sauce. The food there tastes like it is from a glorified soup kitchen.

And I second your rec'd regarding Barolo Grill, Luca D'Italia or Piatti. I will say, however, that Piatti has kind of gone downhill recently, which saddens me, as it is one of the better "chain" restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by tief schnee View Post

Truman Capote would recommend Bastien's
    I second Bastien's, I live a few houses away from it so it is convenient for me, not so much if staying near Park Meadows.
    ....and michigan still sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MCLC View Post
    Of course I've been there. I wouldn't recommend it if I had not. I've been there once and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. For the first course I started off with the Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce. The bread they bring out is really good. I can't exactly remember what I had for the second course but I think it was lamb shoulder or something like that, which I thought was really good. The wait staff was very friendly and I like the design and atmosphere.

Even if it's local, why would you go back if you didn't like it? As I said, I've been there once - maybe I got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    You must live close to my in-laws. I share your sentiments regarding shells and sauce. The food there tastes like it is from a glorified soup kitchen.
    Oh come on. That's a little harsh.
    Last edited by Below Zero; 11-19-2007 at 08:55 AM.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by jpcski View Post
    Don't knock Outback. I like that place.
    I'll knock it.

I know the quality of meat they buy.....It is middle of the road at best......

You are overpaying for CRAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    Oh come on. That's a little harsh.
    Probably. And you and I do share sentiments that Denver lacks traditional Italian food. I wanted Shells and Sauce to be good arguably more than anyone, but it just wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Probably. And you and I do share sentiments that Denver lacks traditional Italian food.
    What do you all think of Gaetano's?