Early November Euro Trip - Worth Skiing?

I have a work trip to Munich in early November and will have 4 total days between groups meetings. Looking at Ikon resorts, it looks like Zermatt and Kitzbuhel will both be open. Will either be worth visiting that early in the season? Since it's basically shoulder season for everywhere, deciding between skiing or doing other tourist activities.

Kitzbühel is only a ribbon of death.
    Zermatt is definitely nice in the fall and should have substantial Piste skiing. ( most likely on the glacier only)

And it's spectacular. It's Zermatt...

Off Piste is barely covered crevasses.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Kitzbühel is only a ribbon of death.
    Zermatt is definitely nice in the fall and should have substantial Piste skiing. ( most likely on the glacier only)

And it's spectacular. It's Zermatt...

Off Piste is barely covered crevasses.
    That's what I was thinking. That time of year is tough since most alpine hiking is no longer available but the skiing isn't there yet either. I'm watching the weather and keeping the dates open until it gets closer to keep some flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I have a work trip to Munich in early November and will have 4 total days between groups meetings. Looking at Ikon resorts, it looks like Zermatt and Kitzbuhel will both be open. Will either be worth visiting that early in the season? Since it's basically shoulder season for everywhere, deciding between skiing or doing other tourist activities.
    Go to Zermatt if you’ve not been. Fabulous place and the Matterhorn views are sensational. Great restaurants too if they’re open. Depending on conditions you could be restricted to the glacier or be skiing knee deep powder. Keep your fingers crossed!

This was November a few years back I think

There's a bunch of glacier places in Austria like Kaunertal, Stubai, Hintertux, Pitztal, Mölltal that will be open.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    There's a bunch of glacier places in Austria like Kaunertal, Stubai, Hintertux, Pitztal, Mölltal that will be open.
    Thanks, Buster. I'm familiar with the glacier skiing in Austria, but was looking at whether it was worth it (e.g. Carting my gear across the pond, coming down from Munich, etc.). I'll just keep watching the weather to see if they get snow. If skiing, I'm really only looking at Ikon resorts to help me with justifying buying it on top of my Alpental pass. Have a week in UT planned, but doesn't quite fully cover the cost of the Ikon passes.

The trip for Munich to Zermatt isn’t gonna really keep ya in the do it cheap catagory...
    Zugspitze opens Nov. 19th, that can be done pretty easily in a day without needing a car. I was in Pitztal early May. Impressive lift to the top with lots to ski (at least in Spring)

I drove through the Sella Ronda resort towns a few years ago in mid November. It was cold as fuck, so the guns were blasting, and an early surprise storm gave Austria a foot and a half and made the Dolomites white, but, still, way too early unless you live there and know where to go. The gondola was running out of Cortina to a few runs very high, and there was a quad running up on a pass that seemed to have some young racer kids training, but, not much else. Pretty quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    The trip for Munich to Zermatt isn’t gonna really keep ya in the do it cheap catagory...
    Zugspitze opens Nov. 19th, that can be done pretty easily in a day without needing a car. I was in Pitztal early May. Impressive lift to the top with lots to ski (at least in Spring)
    Yeah, probably not cheap. The train is way longer than I expected. Renting a car, it looks like a little over 6 hours. Being from the western US, that's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I drove through the Sella Ronda resort towns a few years ago in mid November. It was cold as fuck, so the guns were blasting, and an early surprise storm gave Austria a foot and a half and made the Dolomites white, but, still, way too early unless you live there and know where to go. The gondola was running out of Cortina to a few runs very high, and there was a quad running up on a pass that seemed to have some young racer kids training, but, not much else. Pretty quiet.
    Yeah, just spoke with my coworker whose kids are in a race program that trains at Stubai early season. He said unless something big comes in weather wise, he wouldn't waste his time. I'm going again in March and will get some real skiing in then.

If it’s after the 19th and ya wanna get some turns in on the island in the sky that’s the Zugspitze let me know. I can probably rustle up some gear for you and join if I have the day off.

Or just set up base in Innsbruck for those days and have Hintertux, Stubai, and Sölden within easy reach!

Taking your boots and just enough clothes to ski, wouldn’t take up that much room.

Add Kitzsteinhorn/Kaprun to that list. When I was living in Germany, we would always ski Kaprun, Sölden and Hintertux before Thanksgiving
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

+1 for Hintertux. I've skied there every month except August. Worth doing just for the views.