Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Nico: So hot! So glad that I was able to catch her live (at The Bottom Line)
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The only live album with Ronnie
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If you are into hip hop, this whole series is filled with LBOMH
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DU1n6fPqIh98Xr
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Attachment 401089

Musical History. This album cover is interesting for many reasons:
    1) Greg is laughing because just before the pic. was taken Duane received an 8 ball of cocaine and is holding it in his hands.
    2) Arguably the greatest live rock album of all-time

My greatest missed concert. I used to go to the Fillmore East a lot. I went the week before for some triple bill (they were all triple bills for about 7 bucks) and had my eye on one a few weeks after. Wasn't a big fan of the first studio album, it was hard to enjoy on acid, which was the drug of choice after speed. Nobody drank back then, and ludes were a few years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Dylan goes electric, Newport Folks Festival 1965.

This one was better. Bloomfield absolutely ripping it. I can imagine Pete Seeger on the side stage grimacing and covering his years.

Can't have a rock history thread without mentioning Hinterland, or the flying toasters

....and I attended this piece of rock history. Great Thanksgiving night:

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I had such a thing for Chrissie Hynde when I was in high school.
    I still do

“I shot my mouth off. And you showed me what that hole was for”

Dayumm sexy hot rock and roller.
    . . .

Her latest album is awful. No coke, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Wonderful and probably the second best Thanksgiving night in rock and roll history.

On another topic

Oh and those Dick Cavett interviews with Janis, John & Yoko, George, Ray Charles, etc. are spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Velvet Underground, first performance of White Light/White LIght

it's fucking insane how ahead of their time they were.

I had a girlfriend 30 years ago who wasn't interested in any music that sounded like it had been "done before"; she was pretty closed minded and I was trying to open her horizons. I played some VU for her and she wasn't impressed because it sounded like it had been done before, it sounded like shit she had heard from other bands. It didn't matter to her that they were doing this shit 20 years before the other bands that she had heard first, lol.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yes, The Last Waltz is right up there with all the great performances. Once I got to see Levon Helm and Rick Danko at a small college in NJ (Upsala). I also used to watch the Oakland Raiders at summer training camp there. Sorry for the tangent, but Biletnikoff, Davidson, Lamonica, and Otto were like GODS to me.

A lot of you have seen this before I'm sure but whatever. Stevie Ray rolls out of bed and heads down for the soundcheck for that night.

^^^I always figured that clip should be entitled, “when the morning rail hits”.

I had never heard this before and I thought I had a pretty good VU catalogue.
    So, maybe I'm trashing the historical objective, but it's pretty cool.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Rode an elevator with SRV before he got sober. He could barely stand up on the way to his show. Still killed it

LBOMH (little bits of musical history)

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I've probably watched this 20 times easy

Saw Taj Mahal in fall 2019 at the Triple Door in Seattle. Great show but he’s frail.

Thinking back, it was at Jazz Alley. We were on his way to the stage. He stopped and said hi

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This one has quite a few views, you may have seen it but hey

'we're moving like a parallelogram'

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Rode an elevator with SRV before he got sober. He could barely stand up on the way to his show. Still killed it
    That's funny. I did the same with Eric Clapton. It was at The Fountainbleu in Miami. I was probably 15.

Nothing revelatory but loved where Jerry Garcia is asked about the pranksters / LaHonda - "they didn't like us much. that was a heavy academic scene and we were working class" or someting to that effect. To have a prankster nickname, well. that's a pretty exclusive club. Somewhere I found some stupid blog some dude wrote about going out that way late 80s finding trees with faded dayglo paint on the trunks. Then later by the summer 67 they'd moved outta Hait-asbury to Marin county where they had the ranches and the cowboy/indian raids with QMS / airplane. Really cool stories.
    "Can't you see..."

[/QUOTE]

The intro for this show has been on my go to list for a couple of years. Was it as epic as it sounds?