Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I saw those Dynastars up on Husume too. We discussed and figured they probably were left as a tribute to someone, so best to leave alone. I cant imagine someone with xxl's walking down husume.
    They have been up there for a while now, I saw them about a month ago. Wonder what the story is behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I've done it once or twice on my second or third Spanky's lap of the day and only because gapers were struggling to get up the normal boot pack and holding the line up. Some dick threw a snowball and yelled at me, I yelled back there's a second bootpack and he had no reply? Agree it's kind of a dick move no matter what but that day I was sick of standing there watching goofballs taking 5 minutes to hike up 10m.

Did fresh tracks yesterday and it was worth the wait. There's finally enough coverage in the trees around Ratfink/Chunkys/Harmony lift line. Didn't venture in VD but some of the lower trees on Red still do not have coverage. Oh and at 6:15am there were already ~400 people in line haha. Anyone in Khyber? Singing Pass good to go now?
    Did Khyber's today, mcconkey trees yesterday, both fully good to go. Buddy skied out Singing Pass, says it's okay now, only 1 creek crossing now. Definitely worth doing now.

Just back from 5 days straight at Whistler. Wed - Sunday. Very envious of your mountain. I kept it fairly conservative with my lack of knowledge of the hill, and the less than ideal base\coverage...but had phenomenal runs every single day!

I am now in depression. Mt Hood...great. Work...awesome...

Until next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Fejau View Post
    Did Khyber's today, mcconkey trees yesterday, both fully good to go. Buddy skied out Singing Pass, says it's okay now, only 1 creek crossing now. Definitely worth doing now.
    Thanks for the beta. Surprised McConkey trees are in shape, my first run Sunday morning was the trees below the cat track to Upper Insanity (why didn't I just ski that run, stupid mistake) and those trees are not even close yet with stumps/rocks/xmas trees everywhere.

Todd: I hear ya on fresh tracks, I was one of those assholes Sunday . I also saw a huge fucking mob of instructors skiing down from Roundhouse at maybe 8:20-8:30am? Was definitely early, and they were in uniform and shredding the pow. Bullshit if you ask me.

Puma: you hit it perfectly dude, easily the best cycle of the year and there is actually decent coverage now.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post

Todd: I hear ya on fresh tracks, I was one of those assholes Sunday . I also saw a huge fucking mob of instructors skiing down from Roundhouse at maybe 8:20-8:30am? Was definitely early, and they were in uniform and shredding the pow. Bullshit if you ask me.

Puma: you hit it perfectly dude, easily the best cycle of the year and there is actually decent coverage now.
    Yeah, we did fresh tracks Wed and Sunday...A solid cycle indeed.

Monday was awesome! Sunday amazing too, but Monday had the snow PLUS the vis, which made it more awesome.

Skied million dollar, good for the most part of it. The exit got a bit challenging, but all in all still fun. Few more days of snow pounding, and it'll be a breeze.

This storm cycle has been so insanely awesome though. Such a nice relief.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

How were things this afternoon? Everything in sight schralped or is it still coming down? Debating whether to ditch school or not tomorrow...

I know the answer is don't bother coming, but a hint of updated conditions would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    How were things this afternoon? Everything in sight schralped or is it still coming down? Debating whether to ditch school or not tomorrow...

I know the answer is don't bother coming, but a hint of updated conditions would be appreciated
    definitely not still nuking to the valley........I was a good employee today and worked all day, I think I'll be in the white room office tomorrow for most, or all, of the morning...

today's snowfall in the valley...

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbb View Post
    So debate of the weekend, subject spanky's line:

Is it okay or not okay to ski past the line and start your own bootpack adjacent to the existing one everyone is waiting in line for?

Discuss.
    Good story on this one:
    Its a big 30+ snow day, patrol threw a dud in spanky's so the line was extra long and people had waited quite some time.
    I had skied a few laps elsewhere and waited for it to crack, so by the time I finally saw Spanky's crack, it was half way between first and second lap, so the line was still very agro.
    As I got to the steep crux of the ladder I tried to passed a slow young Mexican kid, with snowblades around his neck, and when I stepped off the boot pack I post holed deep enough to loose my balance, in order to recover my balance I firmly placed my hand on the young kids shoulder.
    Before I could realize what my actions had produced, he was cartwheeling down the ladder with his snowblades clanking against each other just inches from his face.
    Everyone in line instantly cheered and dudes wanted to high-five me congratulated me at the top, I felt so bad and tried to explain it was an accident.
    Every time I hike Spanky's I have a little giggle right at the crux.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    definitely not still nuking to the valley........I was a good employee today and worked all day, I think I'll be in the white room office tomorrow for most, or all, of the morning...

today's snowfall in the valley...
    Well shit, sounds like I'll take a day of shreducation.

Better get it while it's here.

Today was fucking awesome. That is all.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Didn't get up in the AM, how were the crowds? Apparently the RCMP were turning all-season tire citiots around at Squamish last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Didn't get up in the AM, how were the crowds? Apparently the RCMP were turning all-season tire citiots around at Squamish last night.
    Aside from the initial push, there were no lines. The nice thing about holiday crowds is that 90% of the people out there have absolutely no clue where to ski! Heli ski quality skiing right up until closing!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I had to go back to work but those 1st tracks through Sylvan were completely worthwhile. Money. P11 I'm fairly certain we ran into each other on that 1st lap through the coliour.

Not the biggest cliff you'll ever see, but this is a stoke thread not a dick size comparison thread!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72Tf1.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	150978

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    I had to go back to work but those 1st tracks through Sylvan were completely worthwhile. Money. P11 I'm fairly certain we ran into each other on that 1st lap through the coliour.
    Yep. You were on the cat track from 7th, right? Skied into 5.0 right from the top cornice into waist deep pow that barely moved! Fucking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Today was fucking awesome. That is all.
    quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    good. It was a shitshow trying to get back to Squamish the other night with all the summer tires spinning in to ditches.

Phew, that was great. Blower sickter pow-pow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejau View Post
    Not the biggest cliff you'll ever see, but this is a stoke thread not a dick size comparison thread!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72Tf1.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	150978
    hey man... that stokes me. nice huck. cool photo. let's hope we keep getting lots more this season.

Hey guys!

I realize this is a shameless plug, but I thought it might be worth asking regardless. A few weeks ago during those crappy no sun/no light/icy days I went up skiing with my friend and aspiring guide Chelsea Sullivan. One of the photos I snapped of her was picked for a Go Whistler contest in which the prizes include a new camera!

This is my image:

Here is the link to the contest: http://347535.tbits.me/tb_app/347535

My instagram is @nadia_samer and I'm a mere 10 votes behind right now, the contest ends tomorrow midnight.

I hate to ask but I'd love a new camera for taking more photos & sharing the winter stoke on here! The guy in first used a photo from last year that he regrammed, I hate these silly contest things but would definitely love a new camera so I thought it was worth a shot to ask.

Thanks again and hope everyone is enjoying the pow!

^ cool shot.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbb View Post
    So debate of the weekend, subject spanky's line:

Is it okay or not okay to ski past the line and start your own bootpack adjacent to the existing one everyone is waiting in line for?

Discuss.
    Witnessed this again yesterday. Best part was when my buddy (who has lived in whistler ~20yrs) called out a girl and she replied (I think with an aussie accent) "go back to Grouse". I almost fell down the bootpack from laughing. Probably lucky we aren't all surfers or it would be violence instead of snarky lip.
    Oh well... had some great great lines immediately after. smiles & stoke all around with our crew.

this year's drought has made the good days that much better.

Kinda off topic, but... Going to be in whistler next winter and thinking about bringing a sled along, but not going to have anywhere to keep it at our place. So, is there anywhere in town that offers outside storage that is easily accessible? The storage place in function junction doesn't have a lot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Kinda off topic, but... Going to be in whistler next winter and thinking about bringing a sled along, but not going to have anywhere to keep it at our place. So, is there anywhere in town that offers outside storage that is easily accessible? The storage place in function junction doesn't have a lot anymore.
    Talk to Route 99 Motorsports ( Pemberton ) and Toybox storage (Pemberton )

http://www.toyboxselfstorage.com/ind...p=1_2_Location

Bluebird pow morning with no crowds!! Almost better than yesterday