Page 1553 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 ... LastLast
Results 38,801 to 38,825 of 41810
    At least they weren't driving.

They should invent something where people would have to wear them. I propose calling it a mandate
    Maratimes on lockdown. Dumb kid had a big rager at his house. Popo showed up because his neighbors have way more sense. He now has 2400 reasons not to do something stupid like that again
    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes DWO, Driving While Oriental
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The less racist phrase is driving while Asian.

You want the real reason Japan has fared so well during COVID? Inemuri, the Japanese practice of sleeping at work and in public.

Name:  70dec16843.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  51.2 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1232025852_c40897e68e_b.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	401498

Lovely society.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    You want the real reason Japan has fared so well during COVID? Inemuri, the Japanese practice of sleeping at work and in public.

Name:  70dec16843.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  51.2 KB

Nothing wrong with taking a nap

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Agreed. It IS many factors. And really worth paying closer to attention to. It certainly goes beyond US = Fat & Japan = Not fat, but it's also waaaaaaay over-simplistic to just key in on masks too. Sure, that's likely a key component, but with or without COVID, Japan was already kicking our asses in the mortality department. Now throw COVID into the mix and we were kind of screwed from the get go. I place a lot of the blame on our disgusting lifestyles as a nation. We're kind of filthy compared to them in many regards. Shoes in the house is an easy example to pick on.
    You want to fat shame without dealing with the roots of the obesity problem. A lot of the solution is very contrary to your espoused politics. It's not just an individual moral failing.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You want to fat shame without dealing with the roots of the obesity problem. A lot of the solution is very contrary to your espoused politics. It's not just an individual moral failing.
    bOoTsTrApS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

"Wailing and gnashing of teeth prohibited"

On the front of the cube (readers right) - what is that sign about? No Crawling? No Dying?

Altslob has found a belief system that frees him from any social responsibility to help him sleep at night. Bigot much?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    On the front of the cube (readers right) - what is that sign about? No Crawling? No Dying?
    “No blackout drinking, salary-men”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I think it would be interesting to compare how Americans treat alcoholics versus how they treat fat people.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    I think it would be interesting to compare how Americans treat alcoholics versus how they treat fat people.
    Alcoholics are a pariah too. Do you live under a rock? The problem is that most alcoholics are invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

All the same to me.. Alcoholic, Type II Diabeties, Morbidly Obese, etc.. We're all getting different physical and economic hands in the birth lottery. Can many with those issues work through them? Maybe.. But, odds of success are not all that great... especially if the person is low income.

Now antivax or anti mask, on the other hand.. The tools and information required to overcome those risks are WIDELY available for free and super easy to utilize for instant success.. Not even apples and oranges.. more like apples and cancer..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

And what would those roots be? And what would the solutions be? My opinion? Our obesity issues are (A) cultural, but ALSO (B) massively CAUSED by our government, ie corn subsidies, thus high fructose corn syrup in freaking everything, among many, many other problems. So many things our government touches turns to shit. Sometimes the best thing is for them to just GTFO of the way, ya know?

Yeah, there's a ton of other reasons, but sssooooooo many of our health issues stem from shit diets. Followed by asinine medical practices as caused by big pharma, see: the endless marathon of pharmaceutical commercials on TV. Too many issues to address in a single post, but in a nutshell our culture of eating crap food (as brought to you by Uncle Sam) and popping Rx pills to solve every conceivable problem brings a lot of our own problems on ourselves. We are somehow the sickest country on the planet despite our insane $$$ spent per capita toward health.

Everyone just needs to start smoking all day again. Obesity went up as smoking went down. But, there has always been obesity, way before corn syrup in everything;.. It's just as much your brain and metabolism wiring as it is what you have available to eat. Pretty sure meth heads eat shitty diets when they eat at all..

And what would those roots be? And what would the solutions be? My opinion? Our obesity issues are (A) cultural, but ALSO (B) massively CAUSED by our government, ie corn subsidies, thus high fructose corn syrup in freaking everything, among many, many other problems. So many things our government touches turns to shit. Sometimes the best thing is for them to just GTFO of the way, ya know?

Yeah, there's a ton of other reasons, but sssooooooo many of our health issues stem from shit diets. Followed by asinine medical practices as caused by big pharma, see: the endless marathon of pharmaceutical commercials on TV. Too many issues to address in a single post, but in a nutshell our culture of eating crap food (as brought to you by Uncle Sam) and popping Rx pills to solve every conceivable problem brings a lot of our own problems on ourselves. We are somehow the sickest country on the planet despite our insane $$$ spent per capita toward health.
    At the risk of being given a yellow card, I seem to recall a first lady recently trying to address the poor eating habits of Americans and she was pretty nmuch crucified in the media by people just like you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    All the same to me.. Alcoholic, Type II Diabeties, Morbidly Obese, etc.. We're all getting different physical and economic hands in the birth lottery. Can many with those issues work through them? Maybe.. But, odds of success are not all that great... especially if the person is low income.

Now antivax or anti mask, on the other hand.. The tools and information required to overcome those risks are WIDELY available for free and super easy to utilize for instant success.. Not even apples and oranges.. more like apples and cancer..
    IMO and IME, wrong on all count. But you're cute when you blovate.

<snip> commercials on TV.
    People still watch commercial TV?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    IMO and IME, wrong on all count. But you're cute when you blovate.
    So you don't believe the resources not reaching antivaxers are accessible and affordable and effective ? Odd I don't get the antivax vibe from your bloviations until now.

I'll double down that some people are just born hardwired to be alcoholics or food addicts etc.. Put them in an (less than privileged or over privileged) environment that enhances that propensity to happen and that's where things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    At the risk of being given a yellow card, I seem to recall a first lady recently trying to address the poor eating habits of Americans and she was pretty nmuch crucified in the media by people just like you.
    "People just like you," eh? Care to find a single quote of me giving her crap for that? Hint: You won't. But hey, feel free to keep tossing out those red herrings as is tradition with you.

Anti vacers are as brain washed as the Davidians. I would wager a large portion of the unvaxed, not anti vax, could be reached with proper marketing and outreach.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    At this point we are beyond masks. It’s not because masks don’t work it’s because people don’t wear them. It’s because we never really had real lockdowns or enforced mask requirements. Really when you go out in public and half or more of the people won’t mask, what’s the point? What’s the point for the majority of mask wearers if they can’t wear them properly? Go to a restaurant and you have to mask and in some cases prove vaccination, but only to enter or exit and when you order or use the restroom. We’ve failed at even the most basic measures of mitigation because of selfishness and lack of discipline.

What’s the point when there is no enforcement? I’ve seen none. Went out the other night, only because it was my b-day and no masks. Plus waitress was leaning over the table. Where is the county to enforce their mandate? Shut the place down. Owner is still swimming in free ppp loans.