Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1208

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Just make sure they tie the room together.
    Washable would be good if someone pees on it

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Purchased these off Amazon for a friend - may need to buy myself some too. Oh so soft! If you have a cat lover on your list these are lovely. Size range is weird, it says 6 to 12 which to my mind is an awful big range. They have stretch but probably fit 6.5-9.5 the best.

Happy Cat Feet Extra Thick and Warm Women's Wool Socks

Name:  Happy Cat Sox.png
Views: 384
Size:  310.3 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Purchased these off Amazon for a friend - may need to buy myself some too. Oh so soft! If you have a cat lover on your list these are lovely. Size range is weird, it says 6 to 12 which to my mind is an awful big range. They have stretch but probably fit 6.5-9.5 the best.

Happy Cat Feet Extra Thick and Warm Women's Wool Socks

Name:  Happy Cat Sox.png
Views: 384
Size:  310.3 KB
    Benny says he likes kittens, so if any of you were thinking of buying him a xmas present these look perfect.

Can I Kickstart my sexy pussy only fans with these kq?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

So Ms. MT has said she wants a "good set of cookware." I'm happy with the goodwill pans I got in college and have no idea what a "good set of cookware" is. Can you folks point me in the right direction? thanks kindly MT
    "Can't you see..."

We’ve been happy with AllClad stainless

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    So Ms. MT has said she wants a "good set of cookware." I'm happy with the goodwill pans I got in college and have no idea what a "good set of cookware" is. Can you folks point me in the right direction? thanks kindly MT
    So the bougie, 40+ crowd on TGR will tell you to buy All clad (see ::: :::'s comment above, and no offense) - with good reason. They are fantastic pans with a well deserved reputation, featured prominently in most professional kitchens.

But if you want 90% of the performance at 30% of the cost, smart money looks elsewhere. The best budget game in town is a brand called Tremontina (available at Walmart and Costco). Serious eats reviewers say that the only way they could tell a difference between the two was in goofy quantitative tests, and even then, All clad only won by a hair:

https://www.seriouseats.com/equipmen...ontina-skillet

Other review sites agree; Tremontina is very close to as good as All Clad but 1/3 the cost. If she is someone who absolutely has to have the nicest, name brand thing, then get All Clad. If she'll be perfectly happy with 90-95%, save the money and spend it on your side chick.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I feel like I walked into a trap

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I feel like I walked into a trap
    Ha sorry, didn't mean to pick on you at all. All Clad is without a doubt best in class, but I'm a younger tgr member, and I don't have that sort of money. Tremontina pans have been fantastic for us. We've had them for three years and I can't tell a difference when I visit my parents and cook on their All Clad.

Ask KQ Claus

Agreed, I’ve had various Tramontina sets and pieces and have been very happy. The issue with Tramontina (and even All-Clad to a lesser extent) is that it’s more prone to warping on an electric or induction cooktop. Not a deal breaker necessarily, but something to consider if you cook a lot at high heat and/or are forgetful. I wouldn’t call All-Clad the best, just one of the better options. If I was gonna blow it out on cookware, I’d probably get some Demeyere, but mostly because I’m tired of warping pans.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

We have induction & no issues of warp
    Just my n=1

Just my n=1
    Same actually. My favorite pans are actually Mauvel 1830 high carbon, but those DO warp.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Same actually. My favorite pans are actually Mauvel 1830 high carbon, but those DO warp.
    Managed to warp my 1830 recently. I blame the fact that I was adjusting to induction. Sucks cause it’s my favorite pan. Still works well enough, but I’ll replace it with another one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Managed to warp my 1830 recently. I blame the fact that I was adjusting to induction. Sucks cause it’s my favorite pan. Still works well enough, but I’ll replace it with another one eventually.
    Yep same, ha. I have a big one (13") and a small one (10"?), and the big one warped. Shame because it's my favorite pan of all time, but it wouldn't be my first recommendation unless I knew the person super well - Tremontina is a much better all arounder. I'm moving to gas though, so the warp should be fine. Mauvel makes fantastic pans. No better pan for searing than high carbon.

Just my n=1
    I didn’t see your first post. Sorry, wasn’t calling you out and I shouldn’t have included All-Clad in relaying my experience with Tramontina. I’ve warped a couple All-Clad pans but it was from misuse or scatter brain.

ALL-Clad is an easy choice if you want to spend some money, but Tramontina is legit if you want bang for your buck.

Thx Tgapp et al. very helpful!
    "Can't you see..."

I think the main thing with cookware is to buy individual pieces as necessary. A 12 inch 3 ply skillet like the All Clad or Tramontina. A 6qt cast iron dutch oven--Lodge is a good one. A big stock pot can be any old cheap thing because the water spreads the heat. But if the wife wants a set, better get a set.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Benny says he likes kittens, so if any of you were thinking of buying him a xmas present these look perfect.
    I ordered a set for me yesterday. Not to be a Grinch, because I do have a generous spirit, but Benny's gonna have to fend for himself.

IA big stock pot can be any old cheap thing because the water spreads the heat.
    A thicker bottom with a little insulation on those big stock pots helps keep the stuff that sinks to the bottom from burning and getting stuck to the bottom if you're not stirring it often enough..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    A thicker bottom with a little insulation on those big stock pots helps keep the stuff that sinks to the bottom from burning and getting stuck to the bottom if you're not stirring it often enough..
    You're right. A better example would be a pot to make pasta in. If pasta is sticking to the bottom you're doing it wrong. And it does cook for short enough time that giving it a stir if it needs it is not a problem.

It's the little things that help you get through the day.............

Whiskey Toothpicks

Calm Strips

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It's the little things that help you get through the day.............

Calm Strips

High tech equivalent of worry beads. When we were in Greece I was struck by the number of people who had and used those. And young men used their keys like worry beads. Someone gave me 2 shiny steel balls with chimey things inside that I'm supposed to play with in the palm of my hand but they're too big and heavy to be practical.

High tech equivalent of worry beads. When we were in Greece I was struck by the number of people who had and used those. And young men used their keys like worry beads. Someone gave me 2 shiny steel balls with chimey things inside that I'm supposed to play with in the palm of my hand but they're too big and heavy to be practical.
    Baoding balls

wife wants a discontinued pattagucci R4. Any leads to find one??

W large/xl or M medium. tough to track down.

She lost hers a few years ago and is constantly stealing mine.

I love mine and want to wear it, so have to find her one to call her own