Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Haha oops good catch. I'm actually arriving late Wednesday night (26th), possibly camping out in the Transit Center lot (or rideit's driveway) - skiing Thursday (27th) then checking into the M6.

There is a chance I'll pull over somewhere along the way, mebbe along the Snake past Alpine then get an early start the next AM - done that before too.

There will be plenty of places to park your rig in town. Myself and Rideit both have some parking space for a guy in his van; pretty sure others do too, so no worries there.
    You are welcome to park at my place as many nights as you like.

Hope to see Rideit and Mrs. Rideit at the shindigs too.

The original window for this spans 2 weeks so it doesn't really matter when ya show up, just whatever works for you. Last week of January thru first week of February.

Not to jinx anything...but liftlines have been shorter than usual this season so far, so let's hope that trend continues. And so, skiing on the weekend hopefully will be pretty chill this time around.
    anti-jinx.

Coverage is excellent right now and the cold temps have kept the relatively thin snow skin well intact; minimal melting here.
    R. Bowl is still chalky and kinda smooth. The walk on trams have been a delight and reminds us how well the bowl heals itself when it's not getting slammed 24/7.

I'm not sure when exactly to have a party, kinda thinking every night and you just show up if you're in the mood. We'll expand on that as we get together.
    Probably the Saturday in the middle we can meet up for a dinner or something.
    We'll try and do it when the most mags are available and into it.

We're playing the social aspect by ear and keeping the skiing as the prime motivator to get together and enjoy. Flexibility lends itself to comfort, a rigid timeline inevitably cramps one's style.

And if it's nuking, we'll all be squirrely with our plans.

I'll have my ikon buddy discounts as well as a few daily vouchers to share.

BIG shoutout to a visiting Mag who just donated a few days of skiing to the collective. You know who you are and that was super cool of you, Thanks.
    It was great to turn with ya and a pleasure meeting your wife and sweet teenaged hound dog. Hope to ski ya in March again.

The Invitation remains open to all and We're getting stoked to ski all of you soon now.

ski220-if ya need a po box to mail stuff to, lemme know. The postmaster knows who Djongo is...

Informed was shipped today via UPS.
    I have a tracking #. We’ll see. Hopefully.

Well if Tri-U is in the mix, I'll bring the wine.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Upping the ante, I'm gonna haveta reciprocate. Can't remember what your grape preference is Buster.

I'm not drinking fucking merlot.

"Are you chewing gum?"

Despite your crass behavior, I'm actually glad we're getting this time together.

I imagine you two sitting at some little fancy table set, charcuterie board holding down a white tablecloth in the breeze, reaching across to pour each other nice old wines carefully extracted from well-traveled backpacks... all in some cavern roost with spindrift falling an arm's reach away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-01-14_09-41-09.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	401196

I'm not skiing fucking Corbet's

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I imagine you two sitting at some little fancy table set, charcuterie board holding down a white tablecloth in the breeze, reaching across to pour each other nice old wines carefully extracted from well-traveled backpacks... all in some cavern roost with spindrift falling an arm's reach away.

Name:	2022-01-14_09-41-09.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	401196
    Not in a cavern roost, but you’re at that table too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642226071.043795.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	401202

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm not skiing fucking Corbet's
    Hey it's the only Cavern Roost pic I have

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ski220-if ya need a po box to mail stuff to, lemme know. The postmaster knows who Djongo is...
    Must be some sort of nationwide training, because the old Postmaster in Big Sky knew who Djongo was too.

In other news, I’m officially out. I can’t find anybody to care for my rapidly failing Mom, and she is unable to care for herself now. Sucks because I was really looking forward to this trip and seeing old friends and meeting new people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

+vibes+ Harry

I won’t be able to make it happen this year, back issues. Bummer.

Tuned in for stoke

I hope to join. Will wait on the snow. Hoping for 12+ sometime between 01/27-31. I still need to figure things out like will my wife join me, and if so, will both pooches join. I guess that I can keep them in the veh. while skiing.
    Sorry to read, Harry.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

This was tough to read that you won’t be heading West Harry but inspiring as well because Harry's Mom has such good care. I am still planning to be in Jackson for a few days at the end of this important event for sloppy thirds or whatever is left and will take a few stoke pictures if temperatures allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    In other news, I’m officially out. I can’t find anybody to care for my rapidly failing Mom, and she is unable to care for herself now. Sucks because I was really looking forward to this trip and seeing old friends and meeting new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Must be some sort of nationwide training, because the old Postmaster in Big Sky knew who Djongo was too.

Taking care of ailing parents and walking the last part of the marathon with them is one for the great previlages in life. Your life will be enriched more than you can imagine from the experience.

^best of luck Harry

I altered to ski that thu/fri as I see a few people are rolling in then. Will shoot some PM's around when time is close ,so we all can hook up

Rollin dice w snow, but ULLR has been shining his blessing on me so far this year so I'm not too worried.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Good on you Harry, but dammit, how am I going to get the fucking t-shirt?

fwiw, we're in the same boat with the in laws, makes scheduling fun tough.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    I went and booked for 25th -28th @motel6

Mostly this trip is contingent on hooking up with some mags to ski/hang out with

>I plan on skiing resort 26th and 27th- I should be fine on any terrain; I have skied almost everything at alta /bird over the years. (X's fingers for decent conditions .. I'm past the point where I would hit steeps if they were iced up)

>lol, may have met some you before, if any of you have done gordycamps at Alta-I have been to a few of those.

>Hope to hear from some the locals, maybe hook up for some beer n maybe bbq ? and skiing !

Any you in my SLC area the weeks before/after ...feel free to hit me up for some turns-I do alta/bird about 2x a week on weekdays.
    I am altabird 23-26 solo... then driving to JH.
    I am sending a pm.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I’m at the M6 now and will be skiing the village tomorrow for my first day on snow this year. If anyone wants to car pool to the Ranch lot, PM me. Otherwise I’ll park at Stilson lot and take the covid bus. Blue jacket, yellow Da Kine pack.

Sorry to hear your not going to make it Harry. Hang in there. You’ll be happy you did what you have to do. I was in that position for 6 years myself. Missed the skiing but glad I was able to be there.

Accommodations locked in. Ski ya kooks starting on Jan 31. The mrs and the dog are making an appearance too

The Quick and The Dead ~ A Western Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Good on you Harry, but dammit, how am I going to get the fucking t-shirt?
    I was really looking forward to meeting you Buster. You seem like an interesting person, and I like meeting interesting people. Some other day hopefully.

As far as T-shirts go, I just got a big box of them delivered because I planned to give them out to everyone on this trip.

I see a lot of you that I have already skied with, and have already earned the shirt, are attending. Let’s take a roll call, and I will send some out to Djongo’s P.O. Box. And I would be honored if you guys would take a group pic while wearing them. That would warm my heart.

Maggots I see in this thread who I will send a shirt to are :
    1) skier220
    2) Tri-Ungulate
    3) Djongo
    4) Norseman
    5) 2funky
    6) Mtn biker/boarder
    7) skifishbum
    8) talisman
    there’s got to be others. Post up your name if you have already skied with me.

schwerty, kokomas, and telee are maggots I have fly fished with multiple times, but I have never skied with them so sadly no shirt for them (yet).

Maybe see some of you kooks at BBI-MT in March ?

And thanks for the words of support everyone. It broke my heart to send a text to Djongo pulling the plug.

Name:	Image1642451645.780190.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	401541

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 01-17-2022 at 02:49 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Harry - best to you and you family. Good in ya for staying home and helping!
    And we are going to need a fishing shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Harry - best to you and you family. Good in ya for staying home and helping!
    And we are going to need a fishing shirt.
    This!! Sorry to hear about your mom, but good on ya for taking care of her in the twilight. We can all be so lucky to spend that time with our parents.
    You know of course we are skiing when you come out to fish this summer right? I will find snow in order to justify that shirt!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?