Page 86 of 224 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Ok, here's a random one. Which side of the street do you walk on? Talking about no sidewalks, little to no shoulder (or snowbanks forcing you onto the road surface), and at least some traffic.
    The wrong side
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Ok, here's a random one. Which side of the street do you walk on? Talking about no sidewalks, little to no shoulder (or snowbanks forcing you onto the road surface), and at least some traffic.
    I walk facing traffic in that situation. Someone can still hit me, but at least I'll see them coming and have a chance to bail.

Yup, that is what we were taught as children. I guess Ted went to Murican schools where that wasn't covered
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The first house I lived in as a kid was in a neighborhood that had sidewalks on some streets, but not all. My mom was insistent that we didn't walk in those streets with our backs to traffic (even though there barely was any). Fast forward to today, and it seems like parents stopped teaching that. A lot of people here do the exact opposite. Not just kids, it's all ages. And even if mom didn't tell you, it's just so counterintuitive.

Anyway, I bring this up because not one, but two people were hit and killed in as many days while their backs were turned to snowplows.

naturally, mr. prine wrote a song about this--

https://youtu.be/4iyyhnNIKe4

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Hestra's fit on my 4 year old, Size 2 or 3 I can't remember.
    Follow up on this: my son skied over his brand new Hestra mittens with brand new skis last week and left a brand new razor-cut split in the area between the thumb and fingers part. Any ideas on patching? It's in the GoreTex-y bit, not leather.
    I still call it The Jake.

Back in the day I would use BitTorrent to download music, movies, games etc. I tried downloading the basic free client today and my virus scanner freaked out saying the downloaded file was dangerous with virus, spyware and/or other "unwanted files".

Anyone use BitTorrent lately have any issues? Any similar programs that work well?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Back in the day I would use BitTorrent to download music, movies, games etc. I tried downloading the basic free client today and my virus scanner freaked out saying the downloaded file was dangerous with virus, spyware and/or other "unwanted files".

Anyone use BitTorrent lately have any issues? Any similar programs that work well?
    There has been a recent trend of infecting torrent files, the main goal is to hack crypto wallets. I've tested a few benign torrents and found no problems, but I make it a last resort, and always virus and malware scan them.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Anyway, I bring this up because not one, but two people were hit and killed in as many days while their backs were turned to snowplows.
    Damn, that's horrible

I was hesitant to download torrents at first, but someone pointed out a file that has been downloaded millions of times would have been reported if there were issues. Dunno if that is still true or if they can be altered. My virus software scans every file downloaded. No crypto wallet here so at least that is not a concern : )

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Follow up on this: my son skied over his brand new Hestra mittens with brand new skis last week and left a brand new razor-cut split in the area between the thumb and fingers part. Any ideas on patching? It's in the GoreTex-y bit, not leather.
    I dont have any experience with this stuff, but my mind immediately went to some sort of glue. May be uglier, but I cant imagine anything else would work. Maybe check something like this out:

https://www.amazon.com/Tear-Mender-I...06060339&psc=1

I mean, look at that dude's picture on the bottle. I'd trust that guy.

Duct tape!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Duct tape!
    Aquaseal!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Aquaseal!

You can't get anywhere asking change for a nickel unless you're rocking the silvery-grey goodness.

Facing traffic for sure. Around here pedestrians share bike lanes with bikes. Real pain in the ass and dangerous when the walkers have their backs to bikes.

You can't get anywhere asking change for a nickel unless you're rocking the silvery-grey goodness.
    QFT. How is this even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I dont have any experience with this stuff, but my mind immediately went to some sort of glue. May be uglier, but I cant imagine anything else would work. Maybe check something like this out:

https://www.amazon.com/Tear-Mender-I...06060339&psc=1

I mean, look at that dude's picture on the bottle. I'd trust that guy.
    I mean, it says right there under his mugshot, "TRUST THE BISH"

This may be the clubhouse leader.

Duct tape!
    While the life of a ski bum may in fact be in his future, I'd rather not encourage the process at such a young age.

He at least has to get his first pair of Lange Pink Panthers before he can wear any duct tape.

Aquaseal!

Holding out for something in the slap-chop line of products.

sew it up with dental floss and slatehr it with silicone seal,

but for gods sake don't check that thread on fixing your gear with aquaseal
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Damn, that's horrible
    Yeah, so unnecessary. Hammer that rule into your kids' heads people.

Between the two posts I received an update: only one was hit by a plow, the other was misreported. It turns out that one was upstate shenanigans, and one guy's in jail.

Yeah, so unnecessary. Hammer that rule into your kids' heads people.
    Already done. I've told the kids that they CANNOT trust drivers when they are pedestrians. Shit - even when I'm on the sidewalk I try to be reasonably vigilant (and walk as far away from the street as possible), 'cause I wouldn't put it past some moran coming up over the curb and whacking me.

Holding out for something in the slap-chop line of products.
    Duh

Already done. I've told the kids that they CANNOT trust drivers when they are pedestrians. Shit - even when I'm on the sidewalk I try to be reasonably vigilant (and walk as far away from the street as possible), 'cause I wouldn't put it past some moran coming up over the curb and whacking me.
    I got tired of people swerving onto the shoulder to spray me while I shoveled wet snow in my driveway so I started putting traffic cones out.

Why does it take this site so long to load? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Why does it take this site so long to load? Or is it just me?
    Ok it’s not just you. Been like 2 weeks or so?

I figure the box fan was just on vacation for the holidays.

Yeah 2 weeks anyways.