Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3008
    I'm gong to order some UL protests with veneer. I'm thinking do a custom graphic based on my Woody Guthrie Pro Models (spray painted Protests). Has anyone done this and designed the graphic themselves? Found someone else to design it? Should I just reach out to Keith?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201230_184651196 (2).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	373623

^I would love to see that become a standard topsheet option.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm gong to order some UL protests with veneer. I'm thinking do a custom graphic based on my Woody Guthrie Pro Models (spray painted Protests). Has anyone done this and designed the graphic themselves? Found someone else to design it? Should I just reach out to Keith?

Name:	PXL_20201230_184651196 (2).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	373623
    ISBD,

I would reach out to Keith... I cannot remember the mags name (big Praxis supporter and contributor) but he was a big Big Lebowski fan and had Keith do a custom top sheet that had Lebowski all over it... Absolutely bad ass skis...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Sounds as if I'm looking at 2000g. or more for my rig. Maybe I'll just use double-sided tape for bindings to save weight ;-)

... Thom
    Man Thom that sounds like a killer setup, and 2kg isn't bad at all for as much float as you're getting.

Real talk though, what are you mounting them with? PM me if you need a hookup on some Italian stallions

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ISBD,

I would reach out to Keith... I cannot remember the mags name (big Praxis supporter and contributor) but he was a big Big Lebowski fan and had Keith do a custom top sheet that had Lebowski all over it... Absolutely bad ass skis...

Will do. Should I just send a message through the website?

Will do. Should I just send a message through the website?
    I have always had great luck in emailing him - plus you could attach the top sheet you are looking to do...

And I found it - Jim S custom top sheets...:

Name:	IMG_1267.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	588.3 KB 
ID:	373642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1266.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	665.9 KB 
ID:	373643

^^^^^^ Thanks. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ISBD,

That was JimS

Aggressive in my own mind

^^^^^^ Thanks. Done.
    Quick thread drift . . . let me ask you about your poles as I think all touring poles need more grip length and I have been eyeing some like those, but my concern is that there's no lip on the ends for flipping heel risers (Lynx tele bindings, so they're just wires) or the like -- so, is there a lip? The BD poles I currently use have the perfect lip on the end of the grip to slid under my risers and flip them up, mid-stride if I'm moving to keep pace or stay warm, etc. But the grips are way too short for traversing or bootpacking up steeps . . .

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Quick thread drift . . . let me ask you about your poles as I think all touring poles need more grip length and I have been eyeing some like those, but my concern is that there's no lip on the ends for flipping heel risers (Lynx tele bindings, so they're just wires) or the like -- so, is there a lip? The BD poles I currently use have the perfect lip on the end of the grip to slid under my risers and flip them up, mid-stride if I'm moving to keep pace or stay warm, etc.

Thanks!
    i use the same douchermagoo sticks, and i've used them now for two years. i love 'em. its the best touring stick i've ever used. durable, endlessly adjustable grips, great swing feel.

you can flip risers with the small notch that is intended for leashes (who uses leashes??). it's not the best "pole thumb" i've ever used, but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Man Thom that sounds like a killer setup, and 2kg isn't bad at all for as much float as you're getting.

Real talk though, what are you mounting them with? PM me if you need a hookup on some Italian stallions

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    My Christmas present was a pair of Raider 12s that are sitting .. and waiting ...

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

My Christmas present was a pair of Raider 12s that are sitting .. and waiting ...

... Thom
    120 brakes, I assume? Any idea if those would fit over Protests with a little bending?

120 brakes, I assume? Any idea if those would fit over Protests with a little bending?
    Yup, I ordered those binders with 120s, for fatties.

It's tough to determine how they spread without mounting them. I assume I may have to do some bending, but perhaps not.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

UL Protests ordered. Working with Keith on Woody Guthrie Pro Model graphics on a maple veneer. Will mount with ATK Trofeo Plus.

Yup, I ordered those binders with 120s, for fatties.

It's tough to determine how they spread without mounting them. I assume I may have to do some bending, but perhaps not.

... Thom
    I mocked them up as best I could. Placing the heels behind the existing heels on my GPOs and deploying the brakes, I'd estimate you could get do the low 120s (123-124?) without bending or grinding off some of the plastic on the inside of the brakes.

It's tough to be precise about this without mounting them.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

UL Protests ordered. Working with Keith on Woody Guthrie Pro Model graphics on a maple veneer. Will mount with ATK Trofeo Plus.
    Hey man, not trying to cramp your style but I'd be interested to see how the mock up of this turns out. I placed an order of some UL protests already but this has me intrigued. Got anything on paper yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Hey man, not trying to cramp your style but I'd be interested to see how the mock up of this turns out. I placed an order of some UL protests already but this has me intrigued. Got anything on paper yet?
    Nothing yet. I sent Keith some image files for the text and the guitar silhouette. I also sent him some images of waveforms from the opening lines of Sharon Jones' cover of "This Land is Your Land" that I may put on the tails if it looks good in a mock up. The waveforms are about 40cm long, but won't cover too much of the wood.

Keith is going to put the graphics together and send it my way before pressing the skis, but that won't be for over a month. I'll attach the images to this post. The waveforms have a transparent background so they may not display properly on the TGR blue background. Just click them.

If anyone wants to use this graphic or contribute to its improvement that's fine by me. The guitar image could be better for sure. I'm looking for something. Apparently Woody mostly played on a predecessor to the Gibson J-45, so I may try to create something based around that.

Name:	thismachinekillsfascists.png 
Views:	684 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	374390

Name:	guitar (1).jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	374391

Name:	this_land_is_your_land.png 
Views:	706 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	374392

Name:	this_land_is_my_land.png 
Views:	685 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	374393

I want to try regular Quixotes

I also sent him some images of waveforms from the opening lines of Sharon Jones' cover of "This Land is Your Land" that I may put on the tails if it looks good in a mock up. The waveforms are about 40cm long, but won't cover too much of the wood.
    This is such a cool idea, I really hope it works out for ya!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I want to try regular Quixotes
    Same, they look pretty great
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Order is in for the second iteration of the compound camber Quixote. Longer ski, heavier core, more tip rocker, shorter more aggressive camber sections, and maple veneer beneath the "watershed" graphic. Keith is the man and I'm stoked to see how the ski turns out.

I just realized Praxis nixed the base graphics option? Very minor but that was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    I just realized Praxis nixed the base graphics option? Very minor but that was a nice touch.
    I didn't even notice since I'm a "basic black" guy. It makes base repairs so much easier.

One thing I could never stand is ON3P's clear over green. With my eyes, I had a tough time seeing the gouges. I suppose that only matters if you patch your skis, however ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by flyingskiguy View Post
    Order is in for the second iteration of the compound camber Quixote. Longer ski, heavier core, more tip rocker, shorter more aggressive camber sections, and maple veneer beneath the "watershed" graphic. Keith is the man and I'm stoked to see how the ski turns out.
    I’m very excited to see/hear how this works out!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

#metoo
    Thats pretty cool that Keith will do all that. Some nice tweaks in that one

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app