Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Pagula gutted out a good win, fun to watch.

More importantly, as predicted, the MT team underperformed. We are distant 2nd but are at the mercy of the Sharen lester-bitsy match. if SL takes 4 or 5 lines we're toast. 3 or less we go to the dance. The problem is both SL/Bitsey teams are these giggly early 20--year-olds who don't give-a-fuck, Be lucky if they report by the deadline. I'll say it again. Youth is wasted on the young.
    Pulling for Medvedev in that tourney, just to balance Ms. MT's obsession with Nadal. Djokovic impressive, but he's just so...Djokovic.

More importantly, ALTA tennis, We got in, barely. Gonna get smoked in the first round Sat with 1/2 the team sitting out including several strong starters (pussys!). Good season for the 'hood as 3 of 4 teams made the dance at their level. The hood team count is impressive, as we are about 190 households, four courts, each team at least 25 so that's 100 ACTIVE players. In the dead of winter.
    Have you seen how much Bills Mafia Pegula is tossing out there? At first I thought she was annoyed by it all, but like most things Upstate, she's owning it.

WOOT on getting into the tourney MT, that's one strong neighborhood!
    I still call it The Jake.

Solid win for the Greek last night. High level of tennis for both players but a couple of untimely unforced errors sure cost Rafa big. Awesome match!

Serena getting her ass handed to her, drama and all

32 shot rally! Karatsev! C'mon qualifyer guy, beat Djoko.

Dang, great run for the ruskie. Should be a classic between Medvedev and the Greek
    Think Med would have a better chance to beat the joker, but I'm rooting for Greece
    Congrats US for getting a gal (or is it two haha) in the final

I don't know if it belongs here (and I'm loath to promote ESPN), but last night I watched "Backstory"

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...vs-the-umpire/

I thought it was pretty good...even though it resolves NOTHING.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I'd like to see that doc. I don't think it will change my mind (Serena = whiney bitch) but I'm curious. Medvedev showed the Greek what's up this morning. Didn't know about the rivalry between the two. Changed my mind about Tsitsipas, I really dislike poor sportsmanship. Stephano is off my like list now.

I'm sorry Medvedev fans but I'm cheering for your guy against Djoko. Hope that isn't the kiss of death for him.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    I'd like to see that doc. I don't think it will change my mind (Serena = whiney bitch) but I'm curious. Medvedev showed the Greek what's up this morning. Didn't know about the rivalry between the two. Changed my mind about Tsitsipas, I really dislike poor sportsmanship. Stephano is off my like list now.

I'm sorry Medvedev fans but I'm cheering for your guy against Djoko. Hope that isn't the kiss of death for him.
    If I think about it, I'd say the final analysis was: Serena is whiny...and Ramos is inflexible. When the two collide, nothing good was gonna happen.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

SeRena winey ass bitch. Yeah you were good but JHC "grace" will never describe you. Buh-bye
    Last edited by Marshall Tucker; 02-19-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    "Can't you see..."

Well shit. My apologies to any Med fans, of course he loses if I root for him. Totally outmatched on the court today. Med dropped a few points in my book for racquet destruction, and the Aussie crowd (or we're they a Djokovic crowd?) loses many points for booing the Aussie tennis head for looking forward to the day when we are all vaccinated. What in actual fuck?

Oh and fuck whistle guy (s) too. Not only whistling during Meds serve toss, but while tennis Lady was trying to speak. Bullshit.

good win for Nadal over the weekend, gutted out tough match with sissy. Hopefully bodes well for Roland gerros; Nadal is literally falling apart physically, but IMO defines grace and manners on the court. I'd like to see him win another major or two. Before, like, an arm falls off or something.

But more importantly.

The MT ALTA team statistically won our flight at now B-5 yesterday. A forrest gump roll-of-the eyes "AH-GAIN." I don't think we'll get far in the 16-team playoff but still a very good follow-up to our B-8 CITY CHAMP fall season. (just in the unlikely case you have not been following along)
    "Can't you see..."

good win for Nadal over the weekend, gutted out tough match with sissy. Hopefully bodes well for Roland gerros; Nadal is literally falling apart physically, but IMO defines grace and manners on the court. I'd like to see him win another major or two. Before, like, an arm falls off or something.

But more importantly.

The MT ALTA team statistically won our flight at now B-5 yesterday. A forrest gump roll-of-the eyes "AH-GAIN." I don't think we'll get far in the 16-team playoff but still a very good follow-up to our B-8 CITY CHAMP fall season. (just in the unlikely case you have not been following along)
    I've been expecting Nadal to fall apart like the Blues Mobile once it reached Chicago after a match since basically 2007. Hasn't happened yet, which is insane.

Also, continued kudos on your ALTA squad, you guys are only getting better!

MT & Co now in city finals this sat at B-5. I kinda think that will be the end of the road...entails a trip to an...."interesting" part of town to the home team. ( couple miles southwest of university center in south atlanta). Been a great ride over the past three seasons. PD round robins next week!

also hoping nadal can get through roland. Thiem coming on strong....
    "Can't you see..."

i saw on espn that there is no american male in the atp top 30 for the first time since the rankings were a thing. the fuck is up with that?
    swing your fucking sword.

MT & Co now in city finals this sat at B-5. I kinda think that will be the end of the road...entails a trip to an...."interesting" part of town to the home team. ( couple miles southwest of university center in south atlanta). Been a great ride over the past three seasons. PD round robins next week!

also hoping nadal can get through roland. Thiem coming on strong....
    Nice MT! Good luck going that far south lol. Was hanging at Bobby Jones a bit this weekend and saw tournament action in full swing next door at Bitsy Grant. I’ll be on island in a couple weeks and over in Palmetto Bluff for my mom’s birthday; good luck with the PD round robins.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i saw on espn that there is no american male in the atp top 30 for the first time since the rankings were a thing. the fuck is up with that?
    Donald Young can still be the hero we need.

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Patrick MacEnroe.
    "Can't you see..."

Shapo lighting up nadal!!
    "Can't you see..."

Garyman where you at? Oh Canada!
    "Can't you see..."

Oh god save the Canada! Eh? Hell of a match. Thought shapo would pull it out. Nadal can grind.
    Last edited by Marshall Tucker; 05-14-2021 at 06:50 AM.
    "Can't you see..."

That was insane. Pulling for Rafa all the way. Made it back from the water just in time to see the first set from game 3 on at a killer shrimp and oyster bar.

Apparently I couldn’t drink enough oyster shooters to get him to a win. Kudos Djoker, quality match.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Apparently I couldn’t drink enough oyster shooters to get him to a win..
    Fucker, thanks alot eh? Your fault. Fucking Djoko. Fucking BMills. Fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Fucker, thanks alot eh? Your fault. Fucking Djoko. Fucking BMills. Fuck.
    I really tried my best to drink him to victory. At my own peril no less. Honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I really tried my best to drink him to victory. At my own peril no less. Honest.
    Aw man, I'm sorry. I believe you. I'm just so easily triggered these days cause I haven't seen one match of the french. Don't know what's happening at all. It's not you man, it's me. Fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!