Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    We’re flying to visit grandparents who can definitely die from “rona”. In fact, one of them already has. But thanks asshole.
    they arent vaxxed yet?

Man, things got spicy in here. My daughter has had two pandemic birthdays, turning 16 and 17 in April. We are one of those families blessed with a very low maintenance kid, she rolls with the punches for the most part. Her private school went to all online, but they were already really set up for it and the transition was easy. During the lockdown we let her spend time with her two best friends, whose families we know well and trust. They were all locked down quite thoroughly. I think it's really important for kids to socialize, and if you can do it without endangering grandparents etc, you should do it.
    Things were smooth until we went to visit my brother. Daughter caught the rona from his wife, our vaccines stopped us from getting it. No symptoms and never got sick, she was tested by her school because of sports. The 10 day quarantine sucked for her, but she coped by taking the dogs on runs most days.
    We're all vaccinated now, the kiddo gets hers in May after waiting 90 days. They're back to school MoTues - Th Fri, at home on Wednesday. All in all I think we've come out of this fairly unscathed and I feel lucky after seeing some other experiences.

We’re flying to visit grandparents who can definitely die from “rona”. In fact, one of them already has. But thanks asshole.
    Sorry.
    I jumped to conclusions.

Good luck with the visit to grandparents. That’s tough.
    I assume they have vax. And yet they say the vax doesn’t work. It sucks. Would be so nice to have a hug from the elders. Uggh
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And yet they say the vax doesn’t work. It sucks.
    Who is "they"?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

The people that report covid after full vax.

Do you read any news?

If vax were bulletproof kids could hug grandparents with no concerns.
    . . .

The people that report covid after full vax.

Do you read any news?

If vax were bulletproof kids could hug grandparents with no concerns.
    Did they die from COVID-19 after getting vaccinated? Did they barely survive? Did they get a mild case of COVID-19 after being vaccinated. Context matters. Just saying the vaccine doesn't work because they contracted a mild case of COVID-19, for example, would be incorrect IMV.

Yes, I read the "news". What's your point?

Does anyone think the vaccines make people bulletproof from contracting COVID-19? If so, you shouldn't.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Why the 95 for a 4 y o?
    Easy to be extra safe on a 4 hour flight. For us and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Did they die from COVID-19 after getting vaccinated? Did they barely survive? Did they get a mild case of COVID-19 after being vaccinated. Context matters. Just saying the vaccine doesn't work because they contracted a mild case of COVID-19, for example, would be incorrect IMV.
    Hasn't that always been the case for getting the annual flu shot? So many people say "I don't bother with the flu shot because you can get the flu anyway," to which I've heard many counter that by saying that even if you still end up with the flu, the severity of it can be significantly lessened thanks to the immunization. So seems the same logic would apply with COVID. I too would like to know about all of these "positive" cases post-vaccination. Did they end up hospitalized, dead, or just had mild symptoms. Those details matter.

What does your mental health counselor say you should do when you express those irrational fears? Post on a forum?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

This thread could use a lot more humility and compassion. I wish the best for all the maggot kids and parents who are struggling through this pandemic regardless of... well... anything. I just wish you the best.

This. You beat me to it.

Easy to be extra safe on a 4 hour flight. For us and everyone else.
    A cloth mask will protect others. I can't recall reading anything about Covid transmission from kids < 5 to adults being an issue. If you are like some parents who are stressed about a things that haven't happened, shouldn't happen but can't be ruled out from happening, I can see where you could worry. Worry comes with the job of raising a kid. Good luck.

Edit. As a grandparent who as 4 grandkids 9-13, I feel safe with the 2 who's family followed all the rules to have them here for unmasked sleepovers. The 2 who lived life normally with work, travel and neighborhood parties keep their masks on when they visit or we keep the house ventilated. So I see these things as situational. The way we handle risk mitigation for travel in the back country.

But you be you.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    This thread could use a lot more humility and compassion. I wish the best for all the maggot kids and parents who are struggling through this pandemic regardless of... well... anything. I just wish you the best.
    Douche your box
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I will say this. Local elementary is allowing all kids back 4 days a week. My son hasnt been in person for almost a year. He's very anxious about it, and we have talks about "ok in person school tomorrow" and he says he's cool with it, but when the time comes he starts to freak out and make himself sick, like vomitting.....you can claim all you want that the mental effects from Covid aren't all that "real", but trust me i'm seeing it first hand in my home...its hard to watch. I really don't even see the point in attempting to bring them back in person at this point. Its friggin like 1.5 months of school left. Why not just get a PERFECT plan ready for Sept.? So disorganized. Plus going to school with plexiglass dividers, minimal socialization, etc just doesnt seem like a good experience either. Such a shame.
    I'm sorry your son is struggling and I agree it's a lot of pressure to send them back now. Some kids really do want to be in school and are so happy to be back but it really is triggering for some.

I pulled my daughter from the system and it hasn't been easy by any means but the school inconsistency would have been worse for her. We have a lot of catching up to do before 5th grade, not just math and school basics but mentally it's going to be tough for her to go back. She loathed school already but luckily has lots of friends and is very active (climbing, outside play) so. I have my work cut out for me.

I have way more anxiety over guns at this point but we are still being covid conscious and I have one vax on board. Fucking USA.

Ugh. Hang in there parents.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    It was actually a good thread until a few of the usual suspects came in and started cunting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    I'm sorry your son is struggling and I agree it's a lot of pressure to send them back now. Some kids really do want to be in school and are so happy to be back but it really is triggering for some.

I pulled my daughter from the system and it hasn't been easy by any means but the school inconsistency would have been worse for her. We have a lot of catching up to do before 5th grade, not just math and school basics but mentally it's going to be tough for her to go back. She loathed school already but luckily has lots of friends and is very active (climbing, outside play) so. I have my work cut out for me.

I have way more anxiety over guns at this point but we are still being covid conscious and I have one vax on board. Fucking USA.

Ugh. Hang in there parents.

Thing is he dug school before. I'm sure it'll work out but it's been a struggle.

Agree hang in there...kids are resilient.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

We made the decision to keep our 5 year old home and do online school. Long story short online school for him was an epic fail. Our kid is behind, the school has been no help to us. For the parents that opted for the in person learning the poor kids have bounced in and out of quarantine all year. Right now 15 out of 20 students are in quarantine due to a positive COVID test by a student on Friday. My two teenagers, one is managing it okay while the other is falling apart. Nothing about this has been easy. I just try to stay positive, keep encouraging them to hang in there. I'm ready for this school year to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    It sure the fuck has, my cousin’s 17-year old rockstar daughter just took herself out. Wouldn’t wish the pain in our families right now on anyone. Best luck to all parents dealing with their kids through these days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh fuck man. That's every parents worst fear.

Incredibly sorry that you guys have to go through this.

Douche your box
    Done

I want to punch a fucking hole in the wall and punch myself in the fucking face. My kid went to an after school activity with one of her friends. Her friends mom offered to drive. Apparently she had a cough yesterday and got a Covid test this morning (didn't say anything to me about it or driving my daughter instead of her). She got her results when she dropped my daughter off and tested positive for Covid. My daughter was in the car with the mom masked for about twenty minutes. The friend is in my daughters class so pending her Covid test her school class will probably be quarantined.

I'm pissed at myself for letting my guard down. I'm beyond pissed at the mom for not taking this more seriously. I'm so fucking tired of this whole fucking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I want to punch a fucking hole in the wall and punch myself in the fucking face. My kid went to an after school activity with one of her friends. Her friends mom offered to drive. Apparently she had a cough yesterday and got a Covid test this morning (didn't say anything to me about it or driving my daughter instead of her). She got her results when she dropped my daughter off and tested positive for Covid. My daughter was in the car with the mom masked for about twenty minutes. The friend is in my daughters class so pending her Covid test her school class will probably be quarantined.

I'm pissed at myself for letting my guard down. I'm beyond pissed at the mom for not taking this more seriously. I'm so fucking tired of this whole fucking thing.
    You can't be pissed at yourself for this one. That is straight up deceptive by the friend's mom. There is no valid explanation for: "I'm getting tested for covidd this morning but I won't tell the other carpool family".

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    You know what your response tells me? You’re a damn good person.
    You are obviously taking this seriously and you honestly felt the mom would do as you would, alert the other party that there was a scare.

But she dropped the ball. You can’t fault yourself for her inaction, as lame as it is. But man it makes you think about the general level of trust we put into others on the daily.

Good luck with precautions. At least your child was masked.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

^^^this.

I drove my kids friend the other day to a bike TH. Short 8 minute drive. It was 80F and the kid kept trying to put the window up because the wind bothered him. And I had to remind him to keep his mask up. Simple enough rules that make my kids other friends families feel comfortable. It is a challenge as every person/ family seems to have different expectations and rules. Ours are pretty simple. We will drive you with masks on, windows open and you be completely honest with us if you are feeling sick.

Kids are fine. Unless and until they kiss gramma

My teen kids got Rona.

Barely a symptom

They got this. 99.9 % of the time
    . . .

Kids are fine. Unless and until they kiss gramma

My teen kids got Rona.

Barely a symptom

They got this. 99.9 % of the time
    Tell that to the family of the first grader that died here last week. No risk factors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums