Page 141 of 929 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 23206
    FWIW, my sister-in-law immunologist and her ER doc husband both got their vaccines as soon as they could (he got his back on day 1 or 2 of distribution in our state). She doesn't work in a lab anymore, she is an editor for studies that get submitted for publication to journals. She has spent the past year reading all the research (getting paid to do so) and follows everything about the various vaccines, trials, etc. They put their 15 year old into the vaccine trial for teens and she got the shot (vaccine or saline ?) back in Feb. So I look to their actions for my determination of getting the vaccine. Husband and I have shot 1 complete and get 2nd soon. Such a relief!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    my sister-in-law immunologist and her ER doc husband

So I look to their actions for my determination of getting the vaccine.

You didnt call TipsUp first?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Most of TGR summarized
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Pick a vaccine and be a dick about it?
    Well then, the J&J vaccine is clearly the superior choice. The logo is all red. Not just red; it's a bold, strong red. Makes a statement. Just fucking look at this beauty and tell me it's not #1.

Moderna's is red and blue which isn't good, but isn't the worst. The red is a bit lighter, almost pinkish if that's your thing (nttawwt)

and Pfizer's is all blue. What a fucking joke. I'll be at the bar two beers deep hitting on your girl when you finally get to the finish line you fucking beater. Go take a lap.

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Red white & blue Moderna #2 about 25 hours ago.
    I have less soreness in arm than after #1, but don't know if because we took advice here and made a point to get clear-piss hydrated night before and day of, or because shot was higher in the delt and in my starboard arm rather than port...
    I got some red spots and general skin blotchiness for about 8 hours, but it wasn't really pronounced and I wouldn't call it a rash by any stretch. Feel kinda chipper now, might not skip leg day.

Shit. I opted for the all-blue company... I'm going to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Dubuque County is where Tips Up is from.
    TRUE

Overwhelmingly white and Catholic. I think it lacks diversity. It voted for Trump despite the population being mostly from urban Dubuque.
    TRUE. Call me doubting Thomas.

Drinking and driving is still socially acceptable.
    SUBJECTIVE -It's obviously illegal but I do have townie buds with multiple DUIs.

My stepson drove there to get a vaccine because you still couldn't find one here a week and a half ago but in Dubuqe they were a dime a dozen. It really is kind of a strange place.
    TRUE. My parents had to drive from DBQ to Waterloo to get theirs last month. Grandma got hers in Dubuque.

Very pretty.
    TRUE

Dude pushed my buttons parroting antivax nonsense after pretending to come here looking for answers. He isn't the first Dubuque County covid rodeo clown I've encountered.
    FALSE. Not anti-vax. Not parroting nonsense. Nothing I've stated is false. I am skeptical of big government and big pharma - their interests are not always aligned with my own. We've never encountered each other besides the internet talking about Sundown and Chestnut.
    Did you know pregnant women may pass antibodies on to newborns? Not until recently, because it is so new, we cannot possibly know how it will apply to every other person and every other situation.

We're going to get jabbed in about an hour. We are traveling back to Dubuque in 2 weeks for Grandma's bday. If we weren't traveling, I would probably wait a month or so for more data. 0.00018% and decreasing, so you can all ease up. And keep them tips up.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Red white & blue Moderna #2 about 25 hours ago.
    I have less soreness in arm than after #1, but don't know if because we took advice here and made a point to get clear-piss hydrated night before and day of, or because shot was higher in the delt and in my starboard arm rather than port...
    I got some red spots and general skin blotchiness for about 8 hours, but it wasn't really pronounced and I wouldn't call it a rash by any stretch. Feel kinda chipper now, might not skip leg day.
    Johnson and Johnson for me about 25 hours ago.

woke up at 2:30 am feeling hot and having chills at the same time and have felt weak as a newborn kitten all day. the worse i have felt this year. there's a reason i never get flu vaccines, i never get the flu and the vaccine side effects is always worse than my typical illness.

unfortunately, i had to get a vaccine or it would be hard for me to travel at some point as i do think some airlines will make you present proof of vaccination before booking at some point.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

they just announced my age group so I phone the 1800 # give the agent my health number and she knows every thing about me, register and they text me the confirmation # , still havent actualy booked yet but the agent said I would probably get jabbed in 1-3 weeks

very different than just finding a place where ever one voted for trump

Ricky don't lose that number
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You don't wanna call nobody else

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I'd be 100% down with growing some sick horns.
    Hope you don't live somewhere where there are a lot of hunters. Especially Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Did you know pregnant women may pass antibodies on to newborns? 0.00018% and decreasing, so you can all ease up. And keep them tips up.
    Newborns get a lot of antibodies from their mother--they last 6-12 months, depending on how high the level is. Your baby would get some covid antibodies from your wife because of the previous infection but much higher levels with the vaccine. In preindustrial societies most newborns died in the first 18 months of life, mostly from infectious diseases, despite the antibodies--human infants need a lot of protection. (If you made it through the first year or two you had an excellent chance of living to 70 or so, barring trauma, because things like heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes were virtually nonexistent and infectious diseases like TB and smallpox didn't have the population density they need to spread.)

0.00018%. That's an oddly familiar number.

Congratulations and best of luck with your impending little one.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You don't wanna call nobody else
    that would whoosh right over certain age groups

the jab is free up here so

can't buy a thrill

In any case I hope to get the jab and continue

reeling in the years
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

P2 on Tuesday. My arm was sore again but otherwise felt fine, well enough to ride my bike that day and the day after.

Only “off” thing was that I slept harder and longer (heh) than I have in a while. I wasn’t that tired going to bed, but I slept straight through until after 9:00 both mornings and felt dead tired until I got up and moving.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iant-info.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...oportions.html

At this point, we aren't keeping anything out, it's already here. P.1 in 25 states (Br), B.1.351 in 36 (SA), B.1.1.7 (UK) now the dominant strain in the US, to go along with our home grown variants (B.1.427/ B.1.429, CA, B.1.525, B.1.526, NY).
    They really need to start giving them names like they do hurricanes. I can't keep track of the numbers.

Pfizer #2 for me today. Felt a little tingly in the arm immediately after the shot. Getting a slight headache now. Kinda feels like a repeat of last time, just quicker onset of these side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    They really need to start giving them names like they do hurricanes. I can't keep track of the numbers.

Pfizer #2 for me today. Felt a little tingly in the arm immediately after the shot. Getting a slight headache now. Kinda feels like a repeat of last time, just quicker onset of these side effects.
    How long since the shot until you got a headache?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Did you know pregnant women may pass antibodies on to newborns? Not until recently, because it is so new, we cannot possibly know how it will apply to every other person and every other situation.

We're going to get jabbed in about an hour. We are traveling back to Dubuque in 2 weeks for Grandma's bday. If we weren't traveling, I would probably wait a month or so for more data. 0.00018% and decreasing, so you can all ease up. And keep them tips up.
    Lol at the response.

I'll look for you in two weeks on your way through Moose. My vaccinated fat Iowa ass might make it out that way in the meantime.

Big pharma might be evil in many ways but peer reviewed science proving our disproving if the stuff they make works and is safe to use is not. I think a lot of people lump the two together.

Glad you've settled on getting the jab.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Shit. I opted for the all-blue company... I'm going to die!!
    Nah... but you might start voting Dem from here on out. Clearly the shots are Conservative, Centrist and Liberal
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Nah... but you might start voting Dem from here on out. Clearly the shots are Conservative, Centrist and Liberal
    Yeah, should've gotten Moderna based on that.

Name:  IMG_0356.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  164.9 KB

Seems ...... premature.

Me and the wife got Moderna shot 1 today. She's tired, sore arm. I put on my waders and put in 15 sections of dock then power washed the garage floor, I told the sore arm to fuck off but it still hurts.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I put on my waders and put in 15 sections of dock then power washed the garage floor
    So is this a normal reaction after the shot? I don’t even own waders or a power washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini-TR:

I got the 1st Pfizer shot first thing this morning, wooooo! Arm muscle is a bit sore but otherwise still feeling good. As others have experienced it was very well organized. My appt was at the Del Mar Racetrack super vaccination site. Not that many people there yet when I arrived. Just a couple laps up and down the lanes. Then you turn in behind one of the buildings. A couple lanes of cars were directed right inside through a garage door, two others went behind the building and alongside the back straight away.

In and out in about 25min, including the 15-min wait period in the car. The only goofy part was how they handled that. Rather than direct everyone into a lineup and have the line wait 15min they stuck a timer set to 15min in a plastic baggie on each person's window as you pulled away from the nurse giving the shot. Then you were directed into a socially distanced parking spot and sat there until the timer went off. Around 15min you could hear timers going off all around you but you had to wait for a volunteer to mosey over and collect the timer. No big deal, just seemed a bit comical.

Arizona plates must have taken a wrong turn headed to the beach

That timer thing seems a little silly. At the drive through near me they write the time on the windshield with one of those car lot markers.

At Walmart, they just told me to wait around for 15 minutes, but they guy flat out told me that nobody is actually timing/monitoring you. After maybe waiting 5 minutes, I decided I was safer outside in my car.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That timer thing seems a little silly. At the drive through near me they write the time on the windshield with one of those car lot markers.
    Go late in the day, write 8:15 and see if anyone notices.

Well, got my second Pfizer--banging headache the day after. Which could be due to the shot or the many concussions I've had from skiing.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang