Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    I'm not there but Marmot got 28 over night. I know jetski was up, hopefully he gives a report.
    I'm leaning very much toward skiing marmot fri, I know jetski cant make it but love to shred with ya fri weibo. Also can report a most fun and safe meeting with skiwrrl and his buddy at parkers ridge last night as I was driving calgary-terrace. Good to see the kids getting after it, and small world indeed.

I'm up here Gary. Let me know if you made it.

How is Fernie skiing these days? Is it getting warm enough for some soft spring corn?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    How is Fernie skiing these days? Is it getting warm enough for some soft spring corn?

Just spent a couple days there. Full corn season.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Just spent a couple days there. Full corn season.

Right on... Thanks.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I wonder if the higher ups at Pano are regretting the decision to stay open an extra week, It's a ghost town. In the 20 years I've been around here there has been very little interest in skiing after April 1 and it seems as this year is no different.

Was up on the glacier again Saturday and The snow levels are as low as I've seen. Rocks as big as a house exposed. Got some great turns in and buddy hit some big lines but I think the season is done.

Been on the bike and the dirt is goood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Saw a dog ski that line back in Oct. Sick pup!! 45-50 degree face!

just had a nice sunday at LL (winter mode on N facing, ER6/7, and WH2) and a fun day with jetski and skibee (mrs mntlion) in marmot. Fun to get into some new terrain with tres, still a fun place that is under visited and under rated.

now time to bike

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I wonder if the higher ups at Pano are regretting the decision to stay open an extra week, It's a ghost town. In the 20 years I've been around here there has been very little interest in skiing after April 1 and it seems as this year is no different.

Was up on the glacier again Saturday and The snow levels are as low as I've seen. Rocks as big as a house exposed. Got some great turns in and buddy hit some big lines but I think the season is done.

Been on the bike and the dirt is goood.

Got my older boy home for a week and we came up to ski. It is silent. Resort occupancy at 24%. Yesterday, lifties had 500 folks on hill. I was chatting with kid at top of Champagne today and he said the count he heard (12:15PM) was 350.

The runs where they made snow are fine...spring conditions, down low is sloppy in late AM, up top firm until mid PM. The boys did a lap down Gun Barrel (North facing slope) and Zone 2 and said it was actually 5cm fresh mid-winter. Sun slopes in Taynton are a mess....big slide triggered by patrol a few weeks ago scared everyone apparently. Where no snowmaking, it is getting very sketchy. Sun Bowl went from nice on Monday to very sketchy yesterday. Might be expensive to operate next week, but we will be back for Easter weekend. I can see them offsetting lift costs by selling beer on the patio.

We are actually having fun this week, but taking a relaxed pace. On hill ~11, finish 2-230. Trying to prevent an ACL blowout in the slop. Boys skied this AM then went rock climbing in afternoon. Wife and I went into town for a couple hours of errands. Lake Lillian bike trails look a little sloppy yet. Sooon....soon....and golf courses will be opening quickly...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Got my older boy home for a week and we came up to ski. It is silent. Resort occupancy at 24%. Yesterday, lifties had 500 folks on hill. I was chatting with kid at top of Champagne today and he said the count he heard (12:15PM) was 350.

The runs where they made snow are fine...spring conditions, down low is sloppy in late AM, up top firm until mid PM. The boys did a lap down Gun Barrel (North facing slope) and Zone 2 and said it was actually 5cm fresh mid-winter. Sun slopes in Taynton are a mess....big slide triggered by patrol a few weeks ago scared everyone apparently. Where no snowmaking, it is getting very sketchy. Sun Bowl went from nice on Monday to very sketchy yesterday. Might be expensive to operate next week, but we will be back for Easter weekend. I can see them offsetting lift costs by selling beer on the patio.

We are actually having fun this week, but taking a relaxed pace. On hill ~11, finish 2-230. Trying to prevent an ACL blowout in the slop. Boys skied this AM then went rock climbing in afternoon. Wife and I went into town for a couple hours of errands. Lake Lillian bike trails look a little sloppy yet. Sooon....soon....and golf courses will be opening quickly...

Gotta have people on the resort to sell beer lol. I bet over half of the people on mountain were staff.

if anyone is skiing in banff, I have some buddy passes avail from my skibig3 pass. Gets you a SSV or LL day ticket for $90 (rather then $125?)

How's Fernie skiing? Haven't been out recently but was thinking of heading out this weekend.. Looks like might be raining high up - maybe freezing overnight? Worth going?

Gotta have people on the resort to sell beer lol. I bet over half of the people on mountain were staff.

True....Heading up for next weekend myself. I am guessing skiing 11-1:30 before gets sloppy then a few beers on the deck....Hopefully bluebird, but we shall see.

Cabin Smokehouse closing tomorrow, I know when we were up for last week, they weren’t very busy. Except a couple of 6PM rushes for dinner. That surprised them Wednesday night...Resort was at 23% occupancy.

Using Tapatalk

Skiing at Pano today, was fairly good high up, Trigger, Tayton, were good at the top, heavy powder, got chunkier as you went lower. Any slope that wasn’t well protected from the sun was well melted off. Mid mountain was just softening towards the end of the day, bottom was slush.

Quote Originally Posted by tsk01 View Post
    How's Fernie skiing? Haven't been out recently but was thinking of heading out this weekend.. Looks like might be raining high up - maybe freezing overnight? Worth going?
    I would say the skiing is just OK. We had between 15cm-20cm the other day, with the freeze/thaw cycles most offpiste runs were a bit challenging as the new snow got a bit setup. Pretty good skiing on the groomers, however the lower mountain is getting pretty thin. If the weather was calling for sunny blue bird skies I would say it would probably be worth coming down, however with the forecast calling for rain and/or snow not sure how fun it will be. That being said If we get another 10cm-15cm on Saturday, then Sunday could be good.

2018/2019 CANADIAN ROCKIES THREAD

Today may have been the best Dive of the season...well least variable anyway (which isn’t saying much for this year). Tomorrow should be excellent as well so get some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still fantastic conditions above 8000'

Still fantastic conditions above 8000'

Where did you park. Thinking of heading there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Where did you park. Thinking of heading there tomorrow.

33km, 2 small patches of dirt to ride.

Rode "no respect", Johnson, and Klusifier yesterday. Felt good to be warm.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Rode "no respect", Johnson, and Klusifier yesterday. Felt good to be warm.
    Best time of year, good dirt and snow!

Didn't get blue bird, but it was deep sledding. Got one 30 min window to pop on top. Did some lower lines though

Not much to add other that to say thanks for the Canandian hospitality. Just got back from a 5500 km road trip through The Kootenays and Rockies. Sunshine, Lake Louise, Jasper, touring on the Icefields Parkway is just awesome. We'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Not much to add other that to say thanks for the Canandian hospitality. Just got back from a 5500 km road trip through The Kootenays and Rockies. Sunshine, Lake Louise, Jasper, touring on the Icefields Parkway is just awesome. We'll be back.

tell all your friends that Ikon ruined it. Too busy and rude locals

your welcome

Did you know that the IKON gets you free admission to the Banff Hotsprings?

Honestly, I'm not sure how many people are willing to fly to Calgary to ski. It's perfect for dirtbaging. So perfectly Canandian. We really felt like foreigners which was great.