Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks Goldenboy. I did look at that cabin, but the price feel wrong for what you get. We might see a bump in what is for sale once things melt out?

I had a typo on Silverton and Ouray...google says 2.5 and 2 respectably. It says 1 hour 57 minutes to Vail. That property is 15 miles north of Somerset, which is what I was using for google maps. No traffic right now...it is saying 3hours and 30 minutes from Denver, so 8 hours during the weekend ;-). It is halfway between Somerset and Marble, right before you start up McLure Pass.

Thanks for the help and info!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Thanks Goldenboy. I did look at that cabin, but the price feel wrong for what you get. We might see a bump in what is for sale once things melt out?
    If by "bump", you mean one other cabin comes on the market in Tincup, then yeah, maybe. There isn't much in that area. Maybe check out the Pitkin area?

I am really feeling the tug of the crystal river valley...even if it is in subdivisions. Anyone fish the Crystal or Avalanche creek much?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Colorado Fishing Cabin

You should try and talk to Scotty Nicoles.
    Race Director for Skico, fishing guide extraordinar and huge Marblite.

How many rod vaults does Scotty have on his Toyota?

Gretch, if he less than two, don't bother. Total chump.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    How many rod vaults does Scotty have on his Toyota?

Gretch, if he less than two, don't bother. Total chump.
    And it better be a seqouia. Tundras are so played out.

North Park / Walden - Ski at Steamboat to the west, Cameron Pass to the east, WinterPark to the South, fishing all over and up to Saratoga, WY.

Colorado Fishing Cabin

Stagestop in Park County? They have something like 6-8 miles of private water on the upper Tarryall. Last time I looked at land there, it was about $30k for two acres. I haven’t fished their water, but I’ve been on the adjacent property multiple times. Non-stop action on a 3wt for (NON-NATIVE!!) browns. (edited for clarity - lots of panties in a bunch).

There is another subdivision in Park County called Redhill Forest that has 5-6 miles of private water on the Middle Fork of the SP. Cheap lots. Only issue (when I looked about 4 years ago) are huge HOA dues and assessments to address their water line issues. Private hunting as well iirc.
    Last edited by ColMan; 03-11-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Tarryall...native browns.
    After a rough day today, I needed a good chuckle. Many thanks.

I must learn more about these native browns. All this talk of cabins with HOA fees, subdivisions, etc make me thank gawd I don't live in CO.

Why all these requirements?

With that money you could just buy a huge motor home and take your kids on endless amounts of weekend adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I must learn more about these native browns.
    If it's not scottish it's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    All this talk of cabins with HOA fees, subdivisions, etc make me thank gawd I don't live in CO.
    It's not all like that, but a lot of it is like that. I feel lucky to have landed where I did.

Colorado Fishing Cabin

Yeah, you’re welcome.
    Last edited by ColMan; 03-11-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Why all these requirements?

With that money you could just buy a huge motor home and take your kids on endless amounts of weekend adventures.
    Packing every weekend is a giant bitch and I can be honest with myself and conclude that the hassle will cost me trips. That doesn’t even factor having to come home early to cleanup. Plus, with my job, I can work from the cabin a lot when the kids don’t have school, which seems to be a lot now a-days.

I am finding the HOAs fall into different buckets and some of them are just there to cover the plowing in the winter and road maintenance and to make sure the land isn’t subdivided further...which I am ok with.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Also...what is a motor home worth in 20 years versus property in the Rockies? It’s not like it is getting less crowded

Colorado Fishing Cabin

Redstone?
    Having just driven through last week, the area looked great, though I have no idea about property costs.
    You've got the Crystal for wade fishing, and float fishing down the highway. And sweet hot springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico in Flag View Post
    Redstone?
    Having just driven through last week, the area looked great, though I have no idea about property costs.
    You've got the Crystal for wade fishing, and float fishing down the highway. And sweet hot springs.
    Redstone looks cool for sure, but due to property cost, my search was kicked 10 miles down the road to Marble.

I know a lot of you talked about Walden area...how hard is access out of the area between Clark and Steamboat Lake?

I know a lot of you talked about Walden area...how hard is access out of the area between Clark and Steamboat Lake?

How do you mean "access"?

Colorado Fishing Cabin

Stream access for those of us without large ranches.

There is a lot of private ranches in the area it seems and being north of Clark looks like a bit secluded from the major rivers. At least the Elk seems tough. If I had a place here, I would have to become a lake fisherman....

There’s a huge national forest around there. I thought that was open to anyone?

My Grandmothers ranch was on Slater Creek, not too far from that area. I remember following the road next to the river up stream into the national forest and fishing there with my dad as a kid. Streams were small, but full of small, tasty rainbow trout.

Inspirational Hog Bow gretch......
    got me organizing gear already......although it'll be another month+ before anything's hatching up here..

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Inspirational Hog Bow gretch......
    got me organizing gear already......although it'll be another month+ before anything's hatching up here..
    By far the biggest fish I have caught on the upper section of the gunni...and the fins were sharp, so appeared to be a wild specimen.

The wife and I went and looked at land in the Crystal River Valley this past weekend. Was a fun time and it is really a beautiful place.

By far the biggest fish I have caught on the upper section of the gunni...and the fins were sharp, so appeared to be a wild specimen.

The wife and I went and looked at land in the Crystal River Valley this past weekend. Was a fun time and it is really a beautiful place.
    That looks like a beautiful place. Seems like the whole area is inside a National Forest, though? How does that work? I guess it is an in-holding? I’ve read that there can be issues if the deed isn’t set up right, to allow access to the property all the time, etc.

If google maps is wrong about the National Forest, then never mind.