Black Crowes Tour 2020, who is going?

Probably going to go to Red Rocks.
    Anyone?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Good interview with them on Howard Stern today.

Hope they play Atris or Camox.

Or Freebird.
    https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/blac...RoCzUMQAvD_BwE

That right there was the pay off. Get it? Heh.

No, YOU shut up. You're just jealous.

On second thought, I read that they are just gonna play that one album, and that’s it.
    That is bullshit if a ticket costs more than $35.00 or so.
    It is a really bad new trend for these old musicians.

Better than only playing shit from a new album. CRB was amazing, but it was a jamfest.

They're playing OG Crowes, not just Shake Your Money Maker. I missed my chance to see them in their heyday, so I'm pretty stoked to see them performing the OG stuff, together.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

That’s good to hear, but goddamn are the tickets expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Better than only playing shit from a new album. CRB was amazing, but it was a jamfest.

They're playing OG Crowes, not just Shake Your Money Maker. I missed my chance to see them in their heyday, so I'm pretty stoked to see them performing the OG stuff, together.
    Not together unfortunately, unless you mean just Chris and Rich Robinson.

I’ve been pretty stoked for a tour since they’ve been teasing one for a bit now by posting just their logo on billboards around town.

Good interview with Rich Gorman yesterday on his disappointment that it’s just the brothers and a whole new band. I agree on a lot of his points.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex...-tour-its-sad/

Chris and Rich on the tour announcement:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-dates-910124/

That said, I’m going for sure. Their music is just awesome when it stands by itself as just rock, no jamming.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That’s good to hear, but goddamn are the tickets expensive.
    It's hard not to look at this somewhat cynically as a money grab, and...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Not together unfortunately, unless you mean just Chris and Rich Robinson.
    ...it definitely sucks they're not fully getting the band back together, but...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That said, I’m going for sure. Their music is just awesome when it stands by itself as just rock, no jamming.
    ...my cynicism and disappointment are fading, cause this.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 11-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Pulled the trigger. $65 each for end of row, center seating, row GG. Seems pretty standard to me.
    I still call it The Jake.

The tickets I saw for Red Rocks started at $250 for other that GA. Can anyone tell me if that seems right?
    Straight from the RR website, AXS tickets?
    Because I certainly would do $65 or so.

Ok, SLC are a good bit cheaper, but if anyone can find under $90 for non GA at Red Rocks, I’ll buy ya a beer

Saw email right after tix went on sale. First tix were like row 16 way on the side (Red Rocks) and was like $400+ for 2 tix. Re-selected and got row 32 centered for just under $300 (total 2 tix). That was more to my liking.

Missed this thread, started one, deleted cuz of course I saw this one right after.

Wife and are going but I'm hoping they play more than SYMM. Hardly their best album IMHO. I've seen so many shows in the last fifteen years that completely ruined my memory of bands that had been all-time shows for me.... Jane's Addiction being a great example.

I've seen the Crowes maybe six times. Back in the 90's there were a few years where they'd only play smallish clubs and big bars. Chris was so fucked up, he looked like he was going to break at any moment and Rich would repeatedly flick his guitar picks at him. They truly hated each other.

Those were some of the very best concerts I've been seen. That band in a small venue with their three voluptuous back up singers and great sound was a the definition of straight rock and roll. Chris's vocals were unreal, Rich was hugely underrated as a guitar player and Steve's drumming was notable. Makes me think twice about seeing them again....last time I saw them they were largely a jam band and truly sucked ass. But I'll give it a go because I know what those two were capable of...

SYMM is what introduced me to BC and Sister Luck is one of my fave songs by them so it will always have a special place. I was primarily a metalhead at the time so it was one of a special number of albums that expanded my horizons.

I know that the BC's have had a number of members backing Chris and Rich over the years, but they did have a core band for several years and albums, but none of those band members are part of this tour.
    So, for me this really feels like a Chris and Rich tour, but they labeled it "Black Crowes" to capitalize on $$$$.
    Then again aren't all "reunion" tours nothing more than cash grabs?
    To this end I give it up to Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr for (as of yet) not stooping to do a "Surviving Beatles" tour...

Personally, I am more excited for the Supergrass reunion, since it will be all the original members and I never got to see them during their first run.

FWIW, I had a buddy who went to The Troubador show in L.A. the other week and he still can't stop gushing about it. He's also a diehard Bay Area local, so the fact that the new backing band is made up of musicians from Earthless and Once And Future Band (all of whom he knows personally) totally added to his stoke and makes him happy for his local hombres to be making it big.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Got notified today that the end of August Red Rocks show is postponed. Would guess the whole tour postponed eh?