Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Here's the only picture I have of my truck. This was back in 1984 when I was on my way from Idaho going out to a freestyle competition at Squaw Valley. This was taken just before I picked up a smokin blond that was hitch hiking. I met a crazy crew out there and a douchebag Austrian. Anyway, I won the comp and had a great time. Great truck, great memories...

Dollar sign that bitch.

I posted these elsewhere, but I need to put them in the Maggot truck thread also. They are the only photos of the truck I have since my hard drive crashed. The truck is a 1952 Dodge M37, which is a Korean war era troop transport 3/4 ton truck. From 1985 to 2009 it was in the Left Hand fire Dept outside of Boulder. The fire dept replaced it with a HUMMVEE. 5.83 gearing makes the most of the whopping 78 horsepower! It is pretty much stock. I hope to do a disc brake conversion on the front this winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0164.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	362.7 KB 
ID:	100205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0160.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	248.3 KB 
ID:	100206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0163.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	100207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0164.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	362.5 KB 
ID:	100208  

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I can't believe I'm writing this, but....Ivan's transmission went out about a week after I posted that. I'll bring him back, but not for a while. My gf and I also decided to sell our diesel pickup and get a gas-friendly Subaru sometime this fall. This meant that I am potentially out a hunting/firewood/ranch truck and I was also not interested in car payments nor anything fancy.

I wanted reliability, decent MPG and something I wouldn't mind thrashing.

Meet Magwai, our new 1979 F150, 144K, 300 straight-6, manual tranny, 4x4, muff magnet, wool pulling machine. 18mpg average so far, no leaks, no issues at all thus far, and cost a whopping $1000! I slapped a set of 33" tires I had laying around on her, but other than that, this is how she looks. The interior is pretty cherry, as the previous owner restored 90% of it.

The motor is genius--super duper simple, nothing to it. No computers, no faulty sensors, just 6 cylinders, a Holley carb, a mechanical fuel pump and a good old fashioned dizzy/coil combo. Starts instantly, runs buttery, and the previous owner had done a ton trying to get it ready for his 16 y/o daughter who then almost killed somebody in it, so he bought her a jeep. New rear seals, bearings, brake lines, power steering addition, brake master cylinder, battery, diff service, etc. All the PitA stuff, basically. I added an air filter and put an ignition module and fuel pump in the glove box just in case. Going to add some needed KYB gas-a-just's on all four corners, and Magwai will be unstoppable.

Attachment 100190
    Not a bad temporary replacement.

My brother totalled his Civic last week and is using this "opportunity" to purchase something that would be worthy of being mentioned in this thread. Let the suggestions fly--with pictures preferably.

Great thread! I plan to keep my 2011 Subaru Forester (not exactly a truck) until it totally dies. I'll check back in 20 years when it is worthy of mention.

That Ford Highboy is fucking nice.

My '78 Ford E350 (1 ton) Pathfinder conversion 4X4 van. I bought it, promptly discovered it had a cracked block and built a new 460 for it. It has a rebuilt C6 transmission, NP 205 transfer case and 1 ton axles. It's a big, thirsty beast and it's pretty trippy to drive it around and look down on the roofs of everything else on the road except for semi trucks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110909_173122.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	506.5 KB 
ID:	100287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110909_200930.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	100288

Not that old but it just turned 8 and I bought it new:

Bumping this-

I recently got rid of my '91 Yota I'm still in mourning, but I know what I want my next toy to be:
    http://bringatrailer.com/2012/02/03/...oyota-4runner/
    This 1986 Toyota 4Runner has been given a Mercedes OM617 turbo diesel 5-cylinder engine swap. The seller praises the 49 horsepower over stock and the 26 MPG, and has produced the cool video below to show off the capability. Find it here on Craigslist in California for $10k. Special thanks to BaT reader Reilly B. of CarMagnum for this submission!

Check out the video, where the seller also offers to build you one in 10 days! We dig it!

Bring on the zombie apocalypse!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Thought I had posted this.

A little flexin' after a new driveshaft added. Old one was a little short, and would fall out if you flexed it too much.
    This one, not so much. I prolly have another 3-5 inches with the swaybar disconnected.

Next up, tube fenders, YJ family bar/cage, and paint. Maybe even some offroad pics one day too.

Radiator blew up on my way home for Thanksgiving. Probably time to take care of the short that keeps popping the dashboard gauge fuse, as well as the growing list of other repairs that I've deemed non-essential to running & wheeling.

Life is simple. Go Explore.

I posted this truck before, and I think these pictures too, but I could not find them.
    The Beast.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0876.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	930.6 KB 
ID:	122213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0863_zps1ab20aaf.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	122214  

Only a '99 but I think it's clean lines will hold up well over time and eventually be a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    I posted this truck before, and I think these pictures too, but I could not find them.
    The Beast.

Killer..

Our mag mobile...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	122220

Damn dude, one boulder in the whole place and you had to hit it?

1992 Toyota Pickup
    3vze 3.0 v6

from this rust bucket

Name:	heidistripped.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	122221
    to this

Name:	heididressed.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	122222
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Name:	IMG-20120217-00240.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	122237Not that old, just turned 14000km.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Not that old, just turned 14000km.
    You miss a zero there maybe?

Jesus that is a nice fucking truck. A buddy has a filthy black 73, it's a hard fucker to turn w/o power steering. No talking on a cell phone while driving in that thing

Did you restore it or was it in that good a shape? Not a garage queen I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You miss a zero there maybe?
    Nope. I bought it the day I handed in my resignation last February.
    You are what you eat.

Nice. A little going-away present.

Ya, I went on a shopping spree. New car for the wife too. I bought the sled earlier when it became apparent that I was about to be unemployed. Its all about looking successful, isn't it?
    You are what you eat.

As long as you can put gas in the tank it's all good.

Its a 74 Highboy Crewcab. It came from the factory as you see it. Other than tires.
    I remember when my dad bought it, and I actually have the receipt somewhere. 7700.00, or close to it.
    I slept in the front, and Dad in the back when we went hunting.
    It sat in the yard for about 15yrs, and was fading away. It only has 50,000 miles on it.
    I decided to have a guy where I work rebuild it, and it took about a year, but it did come out Nice. We only replaced everything inside, and repainted. I did not want it showroom clean, because I knew I wanted to take it out, and not worry about scratching it up. I spent more than Dad originally paid for it to get it back in shape.
    I drive it to work once in awhile, its 70 miles, and I can attest to not being able to drink anything, talk on the phone, or even hear the radio when cruising down the road, but damn I look good cruising
    I have only ever seen one other truck like this ever. It will be in the family till I die for sure.
    I called the insurance company and told them what I wanted to insure it for, and they laughed, and said the most they would insure it for was 7,000.00. I told them I will give you till tomorrow, and if you can find another truck like this for 7 grand I will buy two of em. When I called back the next day, they said no problem, and insured it for the original asking amount.
    It does stay in the garage alot, but is ready to go when I am..No Garage queen..

TLDR: Dad bought new, son rebuilt it, and proud as hell of it..

Quote Originally Posted by rainier View Post
    Jesus that is a nice fucking truck. A buddy has a filthy black 73, it's a hard fucker to turn w/o power steering. No talking on a cell phone while driving in that thing

Did you restore it or was it in that good a shape? Not a garage queen I hope...