Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    That's awesome. When I was a kid my dad had a late 70's tradesman. Powder blue!

It was a cargo van but he pimped the interior. It was awesome.

Do El Camino's count ?

It's a '72, 55K original miles with a 402 big block and a lopey cam. The ricer boys just look away at the red lights.
    Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
    and my head in the cool blue North
    - Jimmy Buffet (Nothin' but a breeze)

Quote Originally Posted by BucBanzai View Post
    Do El Camino's count ?
    Down here- yes. Most of the "trucks" i see are 2wd anyway- so why not. Plus, it could beat the snot out of most shit on the road today. Nice ride!!!

Time for a bump...

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    1980 C20 Camper Special. 350 with the 3 speed. Kms unknown. 4WD is for pussies, buy a set of V-bars.

Yep, not killable. A few more squeaks, leaks & rattles and another winter in the BC wasn't kind to the body.

However things have changed, and she's being retired... she's up for sale...

OK, I'm done shedding tears. Her replacement kicks some serious ass.

Ground up rebuilt 1980 Toyota Shorty 4x4 Pickup. 6000km on the rebuilt 22R that had replaced the 20R. Custom made flatbed replaces the swiss cheese box. Only part that wasn't touched was the interior which to me means a laying down a coat or two of Herculiner and installing a cheap stereo.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Well, when this thread started a few years ago, I didn't feel my truck quite qualified, but now that I've put 30k miles on it (it was at 205k when I got it), and over some seriously treacherous terrain while loaded to capacity, as well as hundreds of trips up frozen roads, I will now introduce my beast, my 1994 Chevy K2500 4WD.

Last edited by Rasputin; 06-09-2011 at 03:54 AM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

my house truck... only 1995 and 2wd. plans are to lower and turn into a rat rod for the hell of it....

edit: try pic again

Cool thread, thanks for the bump, missed it first time around. My truck's an '04 K2500 extended cab Silverado, not old enough for this thread but getting there.

1988 Isuzu Trooper ~250K Standard transmission. Runs like a champ. Have since Line-X the fender flares and trunk area. Big tractor lamps front and back with a brush guard in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by BucBanzai View Post
    Do El Camino's count ?

It's a '72, 55K original miles with a 402 big block and a lopey cam. The ricer boys just look away at the red lights.
    Its a cuck!

Quote Originally Posted by devlinc View Post
    1988 Isuzu Trooper ~250K Standard transmission. Runs like a champ. Have since Line-X the fender flares and trunk area. Big tractor lamps front and back with a brush guard in the works.
    My first car was an inherited early 90's trooper with the gutless dodge dakota engine. Ran it close to 200k and then sold it to some geologist to go mosh around in the washington high desert. fitting retirement i suppose. miss that thing.

This is Tina Falkore the van. It's a '78 E250 converted to a 4x4.

Shity pic, but she fits this thread. '01 Tundra. Just turned 300k. Replaced one catalytic coverter, two timing belts. I'll cry when she dies.

Last edited by GiBo; 06-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Great thread!
    My beloved '85 with 22RE. KnN intake, headers and cam'ed, overload leaf on the rear spring pack. Just over 470K km when I gave her up. Lost the battle on the body/cab rust. Nothing not opened and repaired, could drop the tranny and float it back in in under 1hr, swap the engine with my old spare in a day, turn the key and she purred. Brought me across many an avalanche chute and even under glaciers, and payed her way under contact. Pic of the last alpine we crawled into - Cameron Ridge above the N. fork Quesnel Lk.
    <tears>
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20080803_0010.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	495.6 KB 
ID:	97856

Well hell...I guess I should throw Ivan into the mix. Ivan is a 1991 Chevy Suburban with a 350 and auto transmission and 122K miles on him. I bought him last summer for $1200 and have since dumped enough money in parts to buy a new truck. Not really, but building these things is an expensive hobby, even if you do it yourself.

Completed:
    Replace almost all of the steering
    Driver's ball joints
    Front shocks
    Radiator and hoses
    Intake manifold gasket
    K&N air filter
    Battery
    Plugs, wires and dizzy cap
    Lower dizzy coil
    Coil
    Added a block heater
    Fuel pump
    Cat delete
    Flow master 40 and new pipe
    Seats from a 95 suburban
    Middle console from same suburban
    HEI
    Hella headlights
    35" BFG's (used)
    Rear shocks
    3" Tuff Country leaf springs
    Salvage yard rear springs and 3" blocks
    Salvage yard transfer case
    Ebay stereo
    Aux lights
    Homemade rear bumper
    Buddy's homemade front bumper
    CB Radio courtesy of Conundrum
    Replaced driver's window
    Heater fan
    Windshield
    Steering stabilizer
    O2 sensor
    Coolant temp sensor

Ivan is now finally to the point where he drives likes a tank, rides like a caddy, can get up and down and over just about anything and is completely reliable. Easy to drive and has gone from 9mpg when I got him to about 14 now, sometimes 15 or 16 on straight highway at 60mph. I've taken him pretty deep into no-man's land and he just crushes.

Still needs window tinting and a new headliner, but that's about it.

Three shots on Picasa because TGR apparently hates Macs: https://picasaweb.google.com/1142138...eat=directlink
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ivan.rear.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	99140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(3).JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	99141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ivan.front.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	99142  
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Well hell...I guess I should throw Ivan into the mix. Ivan is a 1991 Chevy Suburban with a 350 and auto transmission and 122K miles on him. I bought him last summer for $1200 and have since dumped enough money in parts to buy a new truck. Not really, but building these things is an expensive hobby, even if you do it yourself.
    [/url]

Hell yea!

now to complete it, you just need one of those "this machine kills hippes" stickers.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

I just shed a few tears seeing this thread. I was trying to block out the memories.

This is Big Sexy...my daily. 87 f250 w/351 Windsor, 4 barrel Holley, aluminum intake, ceramic headers, custom dual and dumped exhaust, and a bumpin system in her. 67K and never saw a winter till last year. Seals and gaskets are getting bad so I plan on throwing in a rebuilt 351 soon. She's a beast.

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I want another old truck. Had a 1960 Willys, a '70 and 76 FJ55 and a 74 E100 Custom Turtle Top conversion. Anybody know of a decent 69 or earlier CJ5 kicking around? I could probably be convinced to go with a 74 Bronco Sport 302 with dual tanks too...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I want another old truck. Had a 1960 Willys, a '70 and 76 FJ55 and a 74 E100 Custom Turtle Top conversion. Anybody know of a decent 69 or earlier CJ5 kicking around? I could probably be convinced to go with a 74 Bronco Sport 302 with dual tanks too...
    Big Green is still for sale. Will deliver for the horrendous cost of fuel and a ride home of some sort. It'd be like the Cannonball Run but backwards... How much shit could I get into between western Canada and New York? Co-drivers? Could make for an interesting TR....
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

1982 Datsun 720 with a 1985 body. Barely gets out of her own way but runs like a top and take me and my boat anywhere I want to go.

::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Ivan crushes. That is all.

My beater is an '89 Comanche on 36" Swampers...goes pretty good, when she runs...

recently added another little charmer to the fleet. purchased for my son but having a great time driving myself.... 95 4 runner, 135k miles....

got a steal on it... guy was moving out of town and he thought it had a head gasket issue... turned out it was just the EGR that was making it run bad.

edit: my plans to turn the dodge into a rat rod truck are now on hold.... just ordered new shocks / springs for the 4 runner

I can't believe I'm writing this, but....Ivan's transmission went out about a week after I posted that. I'll bring him back, but not for a while. My gf and I also decided to sell our diesel pickup and get a gas-friendly Subaru sometime this fall. This meant that I am potentially out a hunting/firewood/ranch truck and I was also not interested in car payments nor anything fancy.

I wanted reliability, decent MPG and something I wouldn't mind thrashing.

Meet Magwai, our new 1979 F150, 144K, 300 straight-6, manual tranny, 4x4, muff magnet, wool pulling machine. 18mpg average so far, no leaks, no issues at all thus far, and cost a whopping $1000! I slapped a set of 33" tires I had laying around on her, but other than that, this is how she looks. The interior is pretty cherry, as the previous owner restored 90% of it.

The motor is genius--super duper simple, nothing to it. No computers, no faulty sensors, just 6 cylinders, a Holley carb, a mechanical fuel pump and a good old fashioned dizzy/coil combo. Starts instantly, runs buttery, and the previous owner had done a ton trying to get it ready for his 16 y/o daughter who then almost killed somebody in it, so he bought her a jeep. New rear seals, bearings, brake lines, power steering addition, brake master cylinder, battery, diff service, etc. All the PitA stuff, basically. I added an air filter and put an ignition module and fuel pump in the glove box just in case. Going to add some needed KYB gas-a-just's on all four corners, and Magwai will be unstoppable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magwai.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	100190
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Here is mine..

86, 22RE, 5 speed, SR5. Every available option except the SR5 sport seats. I have a line on an immaculate pair, except they are in MN. I'm working on shipping.

Pic is a few years old, since then I've acquired rock sliders, a rear locker, Race car tires (32" BFG AT's which came off of a Hill Climb Car... a flipping trans am!).

Acquired some rust and clear coat peeling so I'm trying to gather the testicles to do a repaint in my garage.