Page 25 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Have DVDs that won't let you fast forward through ads or previews come up yet?
    There's an easy solution for that:
    http://handbrake.fr/
    Enjoy!

All my posts in this thread are about annoying coworkers. Here's another...

I work with a guy who can't just say 'good morning' or 'hello' when he sees me. It's got to be this over-dramatized greeting, typically with wildly exaggerated gestures.

For example, this morning when I got to work I'm walking down the hall and we pass each other. "mornin' Craig" I say.

"Well, as I live and breath if it isn't Captain Parvo reporting for duty!" then he'll give me a big salute. "are you ready to grab the tiger by the tail and give em hell today, sport?"

Sure am Craig.

Every time he sees me he stops, snaps to attention and gives me a big salute with a lot of flourish. He's never been in the military so it looks ultra gay and wrong. This is every day, every time he sees me. There is never a simple "hey craig" "hey Parvo" exchange.

Just passing each other in the hallway on the way to color printer or the third floor he always has some dramatized salutation. In fact, he often says "greetings and salutations on this fine park city day captain! (also calls me tiger, champ, sport, bubba, and sometimes baby as in "just another craaaazy day at the office baby!" - and it's never crazy here... always chill, always)

I'm gonna dedicate a thread to this cat someday because he's seriously the oddest dude you'll ever meet. He plays pocket pool while talking to you and picks his ear wax out and smells it when he thinks no one is watching. Well, I'm watching, always watching.

Personally I think I would stop watching at some point but hey.

What do you think the guy thinks he's doing? That would get annoying as fuck.

First time I have had upstairs neighbors in almost 5 years. They recently got a new home theater system. It sounds like I got Jurassic Park going on above my living room pretty much from 8-11PM every night. Luckily my bedroom and office is downstairs so I can retreat, but it definitely sucks. This is a total new development from when signing my 2 year lease. Fuckers.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I bet the speakers are on the floor (at least the sub) and they aren't even aware of what they're doing to you. Talk to them and get something from here to cut down the noise: http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/?...FdCh4Aodgm0AqA

shit doesn't usually annoy me but I recently found out that millions of tax dollars are being spent in Delaware to pump sand from the ocean onto the beach. So what right? This is like the 5th year in a row it has been done. Every winter storms wash it away and every year, we are all paying to pump it back.Apparently an endless cycle.

Since lately we are a nation that holds the concept of "fair share" higher than any other concept,

When the fuck is the government going to start using tax dollars to cover mountains with snow?

My colleague calls me on his shitty bluetooth when hes driving.
    When he talks it sounds like he is in an open cockpit plane with a mouthful of marbles. I let his calls go to voicemail and replay them for others amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    shit doesn't usually annoy me but I recently found out that millions of tax dollars are being spent in Delaware to pump sand from the ocean onto the beach. So what right? This is like the 5th year in a row it has been done. Every winter storms wash it away and every year, we are all paying to pump it back.Apparently an endless cycle.

Since lately we are a nation that holds the concept of "fair share" higher than any other concept,

When the fuck is the government going to start using tax dollars to cover mountains with snow?
    It's far less than the state collects from tourism and property taxes. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    It's far less than the state collects from tourism and property taxes. Your point?
    None really it just seems like a ridiculous endeavor to try to hold back an ocean. I know nothing about this but if I were tasked with this problem, the first thing I would try to figure out is where the sand is going and make some changes like jettys or underwater reefs to break the current patterns that are causing the erosion. Having said that I happily reside in a land locked state and travel to coastal areas only for business

Yeah it's a business decision. Nobody's going to a beach that isn't actually there any more.

Is it the Army Corps of Engineers doing it? Probably the worst group of people on this planet.

Nah they hire big dredging contractors. Agreed about the Corps though.

In regards to the thread, the way Graham Elliot looks up and to the left every time be shovels a forkful of food in his mouth.

Compulsive/non-stop talkers
    Day jobs
    Texans

I'm a bad person.

Power outages
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nah they hire big dredging contractors. Agreed about the Corps though.
    Pretty sure it's under Corps of Engineers' supervision tho.

I hate it. Dewey Beach used to have a really cool little sand bar that made for a fun body board/bodysurfing break. Now it's pounding directly on sand... to call it shore break is an understatement. The stuff they pump up is also far coarser and loaded with shells, as well as darker, so not only is it hotter than hell to walk across, but you now have 100 yards of crushed shell to navigate as well.

Ah well. 99% of Mid-Atlantic beach-goers aren't there for in-water recreation. As long as they can wade in, take a piss, and cool off in the process they're happy.

Fucking mean or rude people. We have been traveling for the last few weeks and without the kindness of strangers would have been totally lost more that once. It is amazing how much better life is around helpful and polite people.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

People with Live Simply garb.

People that bring standard coffee mugs to the bus stop.

how fucking irritable I am. Jesus am I a dick.

Pretty sure it's under Corps of Engineers' supervision tho.

I hate it. Dewey Beach used to have a really cool little sand bar that made for a fun body board/bodysurfing break. Now it's pounding directly on sand... to call it shore break is an understatement. The stuff they pump up is also far coarser and loaded with shells, as well as darker, so not only is it hotter than hell to walk across, but you now have 100 yards of crushed shell to navigate as well.

Ah well. 99% of Mid-Atlantic beach-goers aren't there for in-water recreation. As long as they can wade in, take a piss, and cool off in the process they're happy.
    Maybe it's the piss that's eroding the sand

And.....

Why on earth would you spend time for ANY reason in Delaware? The entire state is a blight located next to an ocean. It has no redeeming virtues whatsoever. I know I am heading there for business when I open my itinerary and see that my assistant has written "back to the shithole"

Why on earth would you spend time for ANY reason in Delaware? The entire state is a blight located next to an ocean. It has no redeeming virtues whatsoever.
    have you ever actually been to the Delaware shore? I kinda doubt it. Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick? Any of that ring a bell at all?

I haven't posted anything that irritates me in this thread but it irritates the shit out of me when people who know exactly fuck-all about someplace slam it to make themselves feel superior.

Nothing like parvo's coworker, but there is a guy at my kid's daycare (work study, I think, not a full employee) who wants to shake my hand every.single.time. he sees me. The first few times, no big deal, but after that, Jesus fuck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why on earth would you spend time for ANY reason in Delaware? The entire state is a blight located next to an ocean. It has no redeeming virtues whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    have you ever actually been to the Delaware shore? I kinda doubt it. Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick? Any of that ring a bell at all?

I haven't posted anything that irritates me in this thread but it irritates the shit out of me when people who know exactly fuck-all about someplace slam it to make themselves feel superior.
    What Ice said, plus the fact that it's only 2.5 hours away (depending on traffic) so every female under 30 that works in DC or Baltimore can be found there at some time in the summer. Dewey is one of the most fun party beach towns in the country - I shit you not.

If you think the DE beaches suck you should check out Ocean City, MD -- the only other option <4 hours. You'd change yer tune right quick.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Dewey is one of the most fun party beach towns in the country - I shit you not.
    We did beach week at Dewey my sr year of college, I remember having an absolute blast and the beach being really nice.