Page 1402 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... LastLast
Results 35,026 to 35,050 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Dude! I needed that info! I've been studying the frontal lobe and issues related to its damage or disfunction this week so that is a coincidence. Really interesting wiki thanks!
    glad i could help. interesting stuff, indeed.
    swing your fucking sword.

I didn’t understand the name.
    Wiki says my hunch was right.
    Although I was actually thinking of diogenes laertius

The name derives from Diogenes of Sinope, an ancient Greek philosopher, a Cynic and an ultimate minimalist, who allegedly lived in a large jar in Athens. Not only did he not hoard, but he actually sought human company by venturing daily to the Agora. Therefore, this eponym is considered to be a misnomer.
    . . .

People who let their pets run loose with no collar or ID when get uppity when someone takes to a vet trying to find the owner, your pets are your responsibility
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    People who let their pets run loose with no collar or ID when get uppity when someone takes to a vet trying to find the owner, your pets are your responsibility
    Takes to a vet?? Assuming they first checked on line and with the local Karens with no luck, then it's off to animal control. Let 'em get uppity with the local Sheriff.

Don't tell my Vet wife I said that.

Wife and daughter were out of town today so I brought the boys (6 and 8) out to lunch at our local diner spot.

8 yo orders a choc. chip pancake and then after it arrives asks the waitress for maple syrup.

She responded by dropping a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's on the table.

WTF. He asked for maple syrup, not artificially flavored sugar sauce.

He was irritated, which I have to admit made me kinda proud.

A lot of my 70 something friends are becoming safety obsessed. One has sprinklers on their metal roof and is currently obsessed with radon. Another in Mazama who can see flames from his front door needs his own particle sensor to tell him that the air that smells like smoke, leaves ash on his car, keeps him from seeing to the end of his lot, and has an AQI over 200 on NOAA is unhealthy. Nothing wrong with that sort of thing but when people my age decide they're going to get healthy--well, the horse is out of the barn.

OTOH both my SIL and and my cousin's wife have decided to skip my kids outdoor wedding next Saturday because of the air quality (which is forecast to be better than horrible) so that's a win. As long as my brother and cousin show up. (The SIL has been safety obsessed forever--she had my brother's cholesterol below 90 when he was in his 30's. Poor guy nearly died from liver failure. Apparently your cholesterol can be too low. His liver did get better when his cholesterol went up.)

If I had a SIL and a cousin's wife, I really don't think I would give 2 fucks about them.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

congrats on yer kid gettin hitched.
    swing your fucking sword.

Drunk airbnb assholes wandering around shouting to each other at 2:15am. SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Missing my connecting flight because the cleaning crew was 2 hours late getting the plane cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A lot of my 70 something friends are becoming safety obsessed. One has sprinklers on their metal roof and is currently obsessed with radon. Another in Mazama who can see flames from his front door needs his own particle sensor to tell him that the air that smells like smoke, leaves ash on his car, keeps him from seeing to the end of his lot, and has an AQI over 200 on NOAA is unhealthy. Nothing wrong with that sort of thing but when people my age decide they're going to get healthy--well, the horse is out of the barn.

OTOH both my SIL and and my cousin's wife have decided to skip my kids outdoor wedding next Saturday because of the air quality (which is forecast to be better than horrible) so that's a win. As long as my brother and cousin show up. (The SIL has been safety obsessed forever--she had my brother's cholesterol below 90 when he was in his 30's. Poor guy nearly died from liver failure. Apparently your cholesterol can be too low. His liver did get better when his cholesterol went up.)
    As a gentile am I allowed to say Mazel tov?

The combination of smoke and heat annoys me. 85 degrees in the house at midnight, 50s outside but if I crack a window the house fills with smoke. Can't pre-cool in the morning either. Never felt the need for AC before since even on the hottest days it cools off quickly at night but looks like I'm headed there (at least a portable unit in the bedroom).

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    The combination of smoke and heat annoys me. 85 degrees in the house at midnight, 50s outside but if I crack a window the house fills with smoke. Can't pre-cool in the morning either. Never felt the need for AC before since even on the hottest days it cools off quickly at night but looks like I'm headed there (at least a portable unit in the bedroom).
    Yeah - we have central air but basically don't ever use it, for the exact reasons you outlined.

However, this summer we've used it much more because of AQI concerns.

Annoying as shit...

That’s exactly why we put central air in over the winter. So glad we did cause it’s been so hot in PDX this year that it’s not even cooling off enough at night to get your house liveable again.

Dancing Biden in the right hand adverts. Should be polyass.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Wife and daughter were out of town today so I brought the boys (6 and 8) out to lunch at our local diner spot.

8 yo orders a choc. chip pancake and then after it arrives asks the waitress for maple syrup.

She responded by dropping a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's on the table.

WTF. He asked for maple syrup, not artificially flavored sugar sauce.

He was irritated, which I have to admit made me kinda proud.
    As someone who's made his own maple syrup, I am also proud of your son. Unfortunately it could be worse:

bottled smurf cum.... by golly, what will they think of next?

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    When my youngest was born, I took some time off when my wife went back to work, and spent three months of fire season locked up in the house at 85+ degrees with a baby on my lap. Couldn't blast the fan because she was getting dehydrated, couldn't open the windows because of smoke, so I just sat there and sweated all over my poor kid all summer. Smoke is a fucking bummer.

Out riding my motorcycle yesterday and a yellow jacket goes into my jacket down my shirt. No place to immediately pull over so he's stinging me for 1000'. *#***##!!!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Out riding my motorcycle yesterday and a yellow jacket goes into my jacket down my shirt. No place to immediately pull over so he's stinging me for 1000'. *#***##!!!
    Slightly better than taking one in the open face shield once.

Damn, that has bike wreck written all over it.

How did you kill it in the end? Fire, drowning, multiple cans of spray and fire?
    I still call it The Jake.

Isn't that what mock turtlenecks are for?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Damn, that has bike wreck written all over it.

How did you kill it in the end? Fire, drowning, multiple cans of spray and fire?
    I managed to pull over into an elementary school driveway and derobed waist up. Probably would have been arrested if school was in session. Little fucker fell on the ground and I stomped him to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Exactly.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wouldn't you want to be safer and go full-turtleneck then?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I chuckled.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident